OK - Totinika Elix, 24, & Emily Morgan, 23, fatally shot, Bache, 26 Aug 2016

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
McAlester News:

Authorities await manner of death ruling in Bache fatalities

Authorities are awaiting results from a state medical examiner on the cause and manners of death for two women found dead in a vehicle and identified by the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation as Emily Morgan, 23, of the Oklahoma City area, and Totinika Elix, 24.
---
Many other facts surrounding the two deaths have not been released. Perkinson said investigators are following up on possible leads and attempting to conduct interviews. The bodies were discovered in a vehicle in front of a vacant home in Bache Friday afternoon.

Do these deaths cry out, "Drug-related," or am I just jaded?

We shall see. Rough part of Oklahoma, this.

Oklahoman:

Two women found dead in car outside vacant home apparently shot to death

McAlester News:

Investigation continues into Bache fatalities

Law enforcement officers are continuing to investigate the deaths of two women whose bodies were found Friday inside a vehicle parked underneath a carport at a vacant home in Bache, in rural Pittsburg County.
---
The OSBI identified the women as Emily Sue Zanne Morgan, 23, and Totinika Doshe Elix, 24, both currently from the Oklahoma City areas. Morgan was originally from the Talihina and Hugo areas.
---
“I was advised there were two females located inside a white Ford Fusion that were deceased due to apparent gunshot wounds,” Pittsburg County Sheriff’s Deputy Jeremy James said in the report.
---

Law enforcement officers are continuing to investigate the deaths of two women whose bodies were found Friday inside a vehicle parked underneath a carport at a vacant home in Bache, in rural Pittsburg County. No arrests had been made as of 3 p.m. Monday, according to Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation spokesperson Jessica Brown.

Although the call came in to the sheriff’s department at 5 p.m. Friday, it was uncertain how long the two bodies were in the car before the property owner came upon the scene. A meter reader for a local utility told investigators he was at the residence at some time between 11:30 and 11:45 Friday and noticed a white car under the carport. The car checked out to belong to one of Morgan’s family member, according to sources.

Officers at the scene reached the preliminary conclusion that the two women had been shot, although they were awaiting verification Monday from the state Medical Examiner’s office.

A spokesperson for the Medical Examiner’s office said Monday reports as to the cause and manner of the women’s death was pending.

http://www.mcalesternews.com/news/l...cle_55ee4adb-824c-53cf-a5e9-2c477d36298d.html

So sad! I am not a member of FB, so I couldn't see anything on Emily's page, but saw pictures of Totinika's family. Now three adorable kiddo's will grow up without their mother. I hope LE finds the who killed these two friends very soon.

A senseless crime. There isn't much in the way of motive. Wfgodot mentioned drugs. Similar to the first of the Colonial Parkway murders where 2 women were killed and they were gay lovers (hate crime?). Even if they were not gay or lovers the killer may have jumped to that conclusion mistakenly (still a hate crime in my book). One of them saw or knew something or ran into a ex-boyfriend and the other one was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Senseless anyway you look at it though.

I really would guess love had little to do with this. Just drugs. Drugs can form more powerful, destructive relationships than love.

No arrests have been made. OBI has been working with Pittsburg co conducting interviews.

What in the??? I live in OK and I haven't even heard about this! I mean, I'm not in the OKC metro area, but I scour several OK news sources daily & just now read about it in my ws feed. So very disheartening that there are so many murders in this state that we don't even hear about ALL of them. So sad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Autopsy: Bache victims were shot

The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation has received word from the state Medical Examiner’s office that two young women whose bodies were found in Bache on Aug. 26 both died from gunshot wounds.

That’s according to OSBI spokeswoman Jessica Brown.

In addition to the OSBI, three other law enforcement agencies are involved in the probe: the Pittsburg County Sheriff’s Office, the District 18 Narcotics and Violent Crimes Task Force and the Oklahoma City Police Department.

“All the agencies are involved to varying degrees,” Brown said. “We are working in conjunction with each other.”

Search warrants issued in double fatality investigation

Law enforcement officers are serving search warrants and conducting interviews as they continue to investigate the deaths of two young women whose bodies were found last Friday inside a car at a vacant house in Bache.

Multiple search warrants have been served as part of the investigation into the deaths of the two women.

“We’ve conducted eight search warrants so far,” said Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation spokesperson Jessica Brown.

My 15 years in OK make it hard to have faith in law enforcement there. Surely they can solve this one, right? Unless the killer is bigger than the crimes?

My 15 years in OK make it hard to have faith in law enforcement there. Surely they can solve this one, right? Unless the killer is bigger than the crimes?

I definitely agree with you on that. I grew up in Tulsa, graduated from OU Health Sciences Center. I get the feeling that either the resources for thorough investigations are not there, or people just don't want to work that hard. All the true crime I watch, I am exhausted just watching all the persons and places LE is constantly driving to for meetings, investigations, interviews, etc. I never quite get that feeling on an Oklahoma case. For example, Ashley and Lauria.

I definitely agree with you on that. I grew up in Tulsa, graduated from OU Health Sciences Center. I get the feeling that either the resources for thorough investigations are not there, or people just don't want to work that hard. All the true crime I watch, I am exhausted just watching all the persons and places LE is constantly driving to for meetings, investigations, interviews, etc. I never quite get that feeling on an Oklahoma case. For example, Ashley and Lauria.
Unless the killer is bigger than the crimes?

Not fond of quoting myself, but, in addition to the perceived laziness and ineptness, the factor above, while not uniquely Oklahoman in nature, must always be taken into strict consideration: money, nepotism, or both, can figure in, each carrying with it the unstated threat of vengeance to the whistleblower. (RhetoricalQuiz: The film 'Silkwood' documented incidents taking place in the state of ________.)

Not fond of quoting myself, but, in addition to the perceived laziness and ineptness, the factor above, while not uniquely Oklahoman in nature, must always be taken into strict consideration: money, nepotism, or both, can figure in, each carrying with it the unstated threat of vengeance to the whistleblower. (RhetoricalQuiz: The film 'Silkwood' documented incidents taking place in the state of ________.)
Exactly! Exhibit A:
http://www.wsj.com/articles/police-...aubrey-mcclendon-committed-suicide-1465333448

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back