Gerard Baden Clay's murder appeal #2

Coldpizza

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
008658-allison-baden-clay.gif
link

Baden-Clay appeal decision set for August 31

Australia's highest court is expected to hand down its highly anticipated decision in the Gerard Baden-Clay appeal next week.

Queensland prosecutors successfully launched the bid to have the case considered by the High Court after a shock decision by the state's Court of Appeal to downgrade the murder conviction to one of manslaughter last December.

What a lovely picture to start the new thread! Such vitality, such loveliness, such innocence.......

I hope to be celebrating in here with you all tomorrow.
Thoughts to Allison's family and friends and let's hope justice for Allison is finally put to rest.
To GBC - I hope you go down in the history books tomorrow as the murderer that you are.

I hope it's a bad night for Gerard. .. .. I hope it's the beginning of a long long series of bad nights, but my faith in justice in Australia is severely eroded since I was gripped by the happypuppy act of Gerard and the swivel eyed Olivia that afternoon, long ago. I don't take rational justice for granted, and a piece of me is gearing up for a very very big disappointment...it's all relative. ...

One thing I have never lost faith in , is the commonsense of the contributors to these websleuth blogs, and this one, Baden-Clay in particular. What a journey, around in circles, back and forth, up and down, and inside out... Gerard pulled a relentless effort at smoke and mirrors and still is doing it, to this day. I don't see that aspect of this crime ever changing. Until the day he dies, Gerard will never tell the truth about that night.

I hope it's a bad night for Gerard. .. .. I hope it's the beginning of a long long series of bad nights, but my faith in justice in Australia is severely eroded since I was gripped by the happypuppy act of Gerard and the swivel eyed Olivia that afternoon, long ago. I don't take rational justice for granted, and a piece of me is gearing up for a very very big disappointment...it's all relative. ...

One thing I have never lost faith in , is the commonsense of the contributors to these websleuth blogs, and this one, Baden-Clay in particular. What a journey, around in circles, back and forth, up and down, and inside out... Gerard pulled a relentless effort at smoke and mirrors and still is doing it, to this day. I don't see that aspect of this crime ever changing. Until the day he dies, Gerard will never tell the truth about that night.

BBM. So well said Trooper.

:bump: from previous thread Couldbe #1138

http://www.hcourt.gov.au/index.php?o...51fad8b0f4301b

Wednesday, 31 August 2016 at 10:15 am in Court No. 2 Parkes Place, Canberra
NH v The Director of Public Prosecutions (A14/2016); Jakaj v The Director of Public Prosecutions (A15/2016); Zefi v The Director of Public Prosecutions (A16/2016); Stakaj v The Director of Public Prosecutions (A19/2016)
The Maritime Union of Australia & Anor v Minister for Immigration and Border Protection & Anor (S136/2015)
The Queen v Baden-Clay (B33/2016)

Well said Trooper. It has certainly been quite a ride over the last four years and four months. We've laughed and cried together. We've sleuthed our little hearts out and learned things about Koppers Logs that nobody ever wants to hear about again. My wish for Gerard Baden-Clay is that the god of Koppers Logs reigns down on him forever!

I remember well the day that Allison was reported missing by her husband Gerard Baden-Clay. It was 20 April 2012. Allison's body was found on 30 April, discarded on the banks of Kholo Creek at Anstead, west of Brisbane. Allison's body lay there for 10 days in the mud and her husband knew she was there. He knew because he put her there.

Today if the final curtain call for Gerard Baden-Clay and I sincerely hope it concludes with a whisper and not the fanfare he's hoping for.

I'll be here along with everyone else later this morning when the High Court hands down its decision. May they get it right this time and justice for Allison and her family is finally forthcoming.

rf6uj6w.png

Well said Trooper. It has certainly been quite a ride over the last four years and four months. We've laughed and cried together. We've sleuthed our little hearts out and learned things about Koppers Logs that nobody ever wants to hear about again. My wish for Gerard Baden-Clay is that the god of Koppers Logs reigns down on him forever!

I remember well the day that Allison was reported missing by her husband Gerard Baden-Clay. It was 20 April 2012. Allison's body was found on 30 April, discarded on the banks of Kholo Creek at Anstead, west of Brisbane. Allison's body lay there for 10 days in the mud and her husband knew she was there. He knew because he put her there.

Today if the final curtain call for Gerard Baden-Clay and I sincerely hope it concludes with a whisper and not the fanfare he's hoping for.

I'll be here along with everyone else later this morning when the High Court hands down its decision. May they get it right this time and justice for Allison and her family is finally forthcoming.

rf6uj6w.png

Beautifully spoken Makara.

Thoughts today are with Allison's precious daughters, her mourning parents and siblings, family, friends and local community so impacted by this horrendous crime.:yellow:

http://www.qt.com.au/news/high-court-hand-down-baden-clay-appeal-decision/3083950/?ref=hs

High Court to hand down Baden-Clay appeal decision
by Rae Wilson | 31st Aug 2016 5:00 AM

THE High Court will this morning hand down its decision on whether to reinstate Gerard Baden-Clay's murder conviction.
The High Court can reinstate Baden-Clay's murder conviction if it believes the Queensland appeal court erred.
If not, it is expected Baden-Clay will be sentenced for manslaughter soon after.
The decision lies in the hands of five High Court judges.

rf6uj6w.png

Makara, you have so eloquently expressed the emotions of our collective journey in our enduring commitment to justice for Allison, her family and loved ones. Thank you.

FYI

David Murray Verified account ‏@TheMurrayD 10m10 minutes ago
The dreaded third option. High Court could send Baden-Clay case back to the Court of Appeal for review

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...n/news-story/8d0737b70ea899242d0d6e27aea48d65

Gerard Baden-Clay appeal: High Court to hand down decision
David Murray, The Courier-Mail
an hour ago

Re-instate murder conviction or sentence him for manslaughter?
... Allison’s family has also been told of a third possible option which would extend their ordeal, with the High Court able to allow the appeal but refer it back to the Court of Appeal for review...

Channel7 says the decision will on take a couple of minutes to be handed down. Baden-Clod will remain in his dog box in QLD.

We have laughed and cried all within several posts and even tho I have never met you all I feel a cyber friendship that will always remain close to my heart.

I pray the Dickies will be breathing a huge sigh of relief today and able to get on with their blessed lives rearing those girls with the same love they did with Allison. You are good people, you have done well. Bless you all.

To the Baden-Clays, well, you knew the truth the day you went and cleaned Allison's house and cars in preparation for the police to arrive. Shame on you all. Olivia, what you said about Allison on the stand shows what a disgraceful person you are. Think about that and ask forgiveness when you hobnob in your church. You horrible person.

Cross everything for justice for Allison today.
TGYXX

Good morning everyone.

This seems a quick decision by the High Court.

Perhaps it means the decision was clear cut to them and they didn't have to ponder too long about it. I think they will reinstate the murder verdict on the basis there was sufficient evidence for the jury to find he murdered Allison even if it was a spur of the moment act rather than planned. His post offence conduct is very strong circumstantial evidence that he was covering up an intent to either kill her or inflict grievous bodily harm that resulted in her death.

I will be interested in their comments about the raising of a hypothetical situation that was never raised in a defence. I have thought that as a purely hypothetical argument it would be ok as they weren't making any admissions that is actually what did happen.

So not much longer to wait.

rf6uj6w.png

Oh Makara, beautiful! We've all come and gone and returned to this thread as life goes on for us all, but Allison and her loved ones never left our minds.

Good morning everyone.

This seems a quick decision by the High Court.

Perhaps it means the decision was clear cut to them and they didn't have to ponder too long about it. I think they will reinstate the murder verdict on the basis there was sufficient evidence for the jury to find he murdered Allison even if it was a spur of the moment act rather than planned. His post offence conduct is very strong circumstantial evidence that he was covering up an intent to either kill her or inflict grievous bodily harm that resulted in her death.

I will be interested in their comments about the raising of a hypothetical situation that was never raised in a defence. I have thought that as a purely hypothetical argument it would be ok as they weren't making any admissions that is actually what did happen.

So not much longer to wait.

Hiya ali!!!! :seeya::seeya:

Thinking of Allison, her beautiful girls, the Dickies, her family & friends. :heartbeat:

What a :rollercoaster: ride this has been !!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back