1489 users online (237 members and 1252 guests)  

Websleuths News

Indiana deputy's dogs shot, killed by neighbor

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/l...hbor/89584074/

"MUNCIE, Ind. — A Delaware County sheriff's deputy's dogs were shot and killed by a neighbor in recent days after the dogs attacked the neighbor's goats.
    The violent encounter — following an incident months ago when the dogs killed one of the neighbor's sheep — brought into sharp focus the conflict between family pets and livestock in rural areas as well as the Indiana law that allows farmers to kill, if necessary, to defend their animals from predators."

the wife of the deputy (owner of the dogs that were shot) is posting in the comments section. (well it appears to be her, as always we cant be 100% certain)

it seems everyone agrees that no law was broken but disagree as to whether the shooter acted morally. im not too sure about that. i probably wouldnt have been able to shoot the dogs even the first time, and i definitely wouldnt have been the one to finish them off with a shotgun. but i dont think it was immoral for this man to choose to do so.

lots of interesting contrasts to make here...

I would fence in my animals for protection before I would shoot someones pet.
    I understood every word you said. It was the order that you said them that has me confused.

Quote Originally Posted by bwt42 View Post
    I would fence in my animals for protection before I would shoot someones pet.
    From the above article:
    "In December, Holding's dogs got under a fence and onto Clawson's property, killing a sheep and injuring two others."

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk