1077 users online (219 members and 858 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wing Ding View Post
    Right! I get it now. I just read your previous post (five months later! lol) and didn't understand (then) that the window screen was off of Travis' office window. So a staged burglary makes sense to me now. But like you said, Arias was too dumb to take the camera, his laptop and maybe his jewelry to support a burglary scenario. Heck, she didn't even open the window from inside his office or make shoe prints outside the window as a red herring. Unless ninjas really were involved. Cause they can do stuff like that and not make their presence known!
    I think her mistake on this was part ego and part stupidity. I really think that she would never be a suspect. She has such a delusional ego. I wouldn't doubt that she thought she could talk her way out. Because there's no way that she would be suspected. /sarcasm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Frequently mentioned during Jodi Arias trial, The Bad Seed (1956) is featured today (Friday) at 4:30 on TCM.

Synopsis: A woman suspects that her perfect little girl is a ruthless killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger09 View Post
    I think her mistake on this was part ego and part stupidity. I really think that she would never be a suspect. She has such a delusional ego. I wouldn't doubt that she thought she could talk her way out. Because there's no way that she would be suspected. /sarcasm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk
    I agree, Tiger09, that Arias believed her own premeditation was so thorough that she would never be a suspect. Wrong. Failing that, she believed she could charm/talk her way out of interrogation. Wrong again. In all of her previous manipulative/criminal behavior (snooping/backspacing on computers, her letter-writing campaigns, tire slashings and texting head games), she had never been held accountable to any real authority. Getting away with all that behavior in the past gave her a real false sense of confidence that she could get away with anything -- including murdering Travis. And her need to linger at the house that day and play the murder out like some deranged passion play just to torture Travis didn't help her cause or her timeline. The white witch of Yreka is the very definition of the word "Egocentric".

And now she lives in a veal cage. The End.
    @JodiAnnArias: They took my case and they took my cash, now I'm in Perryville with a terrible rash. #JodiArias

Quote Originally Posted by Niner View Post
    Just heard....

Darn I missed Hope4More!! HI! if you peeking in!! Missed your posts!
    ((((Niner-)))). Here. Thank you. More soon.

I can't believe we've reassembled the Arias Trial Websleuth diehards of yesteryear. There's been something compelling not just about the case, but about those who clustered around it. We had some memorable interactions, even if we didn't always agree. Plenty of drama, too. It was always a pleasure to be around y'all.

Could we maybe "re-publish" Hope's threads on emails and text messages? So those who weren't in the loop first time around can get their ideas into the mix?

On POS's COA appeal.

Finally, all transcripts are redone & no other outstanding obstacle remains. The COA has issued a deadline of February 2018 to the murderer's attorneys for opening briefs to be filed. Then the State files theirs, then her attorneys file their response to the State's brief.

The last opening brief's deadline is a full year away, not until October 2018.
    RIP, Cassini. To her tireless overseers- job well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hope4More View Post
    On POS's COA appeal.

Finally, all transcripts are redone & no other outstanding obstacle remains. The COA has issued a deadline of February 2018 to the murderer's attorneys for opening briefs to be filed. Then the State files theirs, then her attorneys file their response to the State's brief.

The last opening brief's deadline is a full year away, not until October 2018.
    Any idea if we'll get a peek into the briefs once they're filed or do we have to wait for a decision to know their substance?

Quote Originally Posted by geevee View Post
    Any idea if we'll get a peek into the briefs once they're filed or do we have to wait for a decision to know their substance?
    Well I, for one, have zero interest in peeking into Jodi's briefs. I've already seen too much!
    Last edited by Wing Ding; 10-20-2017 at 12:14 PM.
    @JodiAnnArias: They took my case and they took my cash, now I'm in Perryville with a terrible rash. #JodiArias

Transcript errors and omissions prolong Jodi Arias appeal

Snip:

"For example, one issue surfaced in 2009 and lingered until at least Feb. 5, 2015, the lawyers wrote."

The hard drive fiasco?

News folks,
    Juan Martinez will be the prosecutor in the Serial Shooter case in Arizona.
    Hopefully, cameras will be allowed in the courtroom.

Quote Originally Posted by deedee21 View Post
    News folks,
    Juan Martinez will be the prosecutor in the Serial Shooter case in Arizona.
    Hopefully, cameras will be allowed in the courtroom.
    This happened

Monday, October 23rd:
    *Comprehensive Pretrial Conf. @ 8:30am PT - AZ - 7 killed from April to June 2016 - Aaron Juan Saucedo (23) ("Serial Street Shooter") accused of 8 counts 1st degree murder, 6 counts drive-by shooting, 2 counts attempt to commit 1st deg. murder, 2 counts aggravated assault, endangerman & discharge of firearm/pled not guilty - (Juan Martinez prosecutor) - live coverage/@ 8:30am PT. hearing was on Oct. 13th: Re media coverage hearing will be heard Oct. 23rd

what happened....
    ~~Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain!~~
    ~~We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience!~~
    ~~Veni, Vidi, Velcro! I came, I saw, I stuck around!~~

Quote Originally Posted by Niner View Post
    This happened

Monday, October 23rd:
    *Comprehensive Pretrial Conf. @ 8:30am PT - AZ - 7 killed from April to June 2016 - Aaron Juan Saucedo (23) ("Serial Street Shooter") accused of 8 counts 1st degree murder, 6 counts drive-by shooting, 2 counts attempt to commit 1st deg. murder, 2 counts aggravated assault, endangerman & discharge of firearm/pled not guilty - (Juan Martinez prosecutor) - live coverage/@ 8:30am PT. hearing was on Oct. 13th: Re media coverage hearing will be heard Oct. 23rd

what happened....
    Don't know either, none of the minute entries for Oct. are posted, although they're listed on his docket. From this article:

"Saucedo's mental competency to stand trial is being evaluated. His hearings have been frequently postponed, most recently to Nov. 29."

Sounds like this latest one was postponed but can't find any other info. This is also in the above article:

"Furthermore, Mikitish stated that Maricopa County was large enough that an impartial jury could still be found despite media coverage, that images of Saucedo have already been distributed and that any taint would be further lessened because an eventual trial would be years off."

Did you hear me groan?

Thanks for the update geevee! Very much appreciated.
    ~~Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain!~~
    ~~We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience!~~
    ~~Veni, Vidi, Velcro! I came, I saw, I stuck around!~~

Folks, remember Jodi's best gal friend? Donavan Bering? Looks like the two had a falling out.
    Donavan gave Radar online an interview.
    I wonder how much she was paid? Google the story.

Convicted killer Jodi Arias sues former defense attorney over tell-all book

"Convicted killer Jodi Arias, whose obsessed trial groupies clogged tabloid TV and social media with tales of salacious intrigue and courthouse snark, filed a civil lawsuit Tuesday in Maricopa County Superior Court against her former defense attorney, L. Kirk Nurmi.

The lawsuit claims that Nurmi, who headed Arias' legal team during her 2013 and 2015 murder trials, violated attorney-client privilege and unjustly enriched himself by publishing a tell-all book about the case before Arias has been able to appeal her conviction and life sentence for the 2008 murder of her lover, Travis Alexander.

Asked to comment on the suit, Nurmi responded in an emailed statement that when Arias failed at controlling the case, she tried to ruin his career and his reputation.

"Standing up to the abuse Ms. Arias imparted upon me over the years was an important part of my personal transformation and I will continue to fight this battle with vigor as I defend against this lawsuit which is best viewed as a continuation of Ms. Arias’ pattern of attacking men whom she feels have wronged her," he wrote in his statement.

"Of course, no one person has suffered at the hands of Ms. Arias (more) than Mr. Alexander and I look forward to clearing the air on all the derogatory assertions that Ms. Arias made about him as I defend against the outrageous claims made in this lawsuit."...
    It claims Nurmi violated attorney-client privilege by revealing details about Arias and her trial against her wishes. It also pinpoints passages in the book that it claims are personally disparaging to Arias or in violation of the rules of ethical conduct for attorneys.

The suit also claims that Nurmi was obsessed with the sexual aspects of the case..."

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/...ook/801071001/

The lawsuit: https://drive.google.com/viewerng/vi...s/2547_001.pdf
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------

Travis Alexander (1977-2008)

Teghan Alyssa Skiba (RIP sweet baby)
    -------------------------
    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Let us be kind to one another, for most of us are fighting a hard battle. - Ian MacLaren

The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it - Flannery O'connor

Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast