1358 users online (254 members and 1104 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 576
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Menlo Park, CA.
    Posts
    697
    Quote Originally Posted by knt View Post
    I haven't posted in a long time. I was at Crater Lake recently and it made me think of Travis. Can some kind person let me know the latest on Jodi? I can't possibly catch up on all the threads. I've picked up on a few things I think... Was she moved? Reason? Roommate? She has a job? Does she have freedom now to be around other inmates? Visitor situation? Any details would be much appreciated on Jodi or anything else going on with the case!! TIA
    All I know about Jodi lately is she got married and is expecting.

    See?


    Also... in unrelated news: baby no. 3 for Kim, Mila rips Ashton in public and Courtney Cox romance blows up.
    @JodiAnnArias: They took my case and they took my cash, now I'm in Perryville with a terrible rash. #JodiArias

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Land of Ago
    Posts
    15,626
    Quote Originally Posted by knt View Post
    I haven't posted in a long time. I was at Crater Lake recently and it made me think of Travis. Can some kind person let me know the latest on Jodi? I can't possibly catch up on all the threads. I've picked up on a few things I think... Was she moved? Reason? Roommate? She has a job? Does she have freedom now to be around other inmates? Visitor situation? Any details would be much appreciated on Jodi or anything else going on with the case!! TIA
    There's a stickie on the front of the forum page for the appeals process that Hope is keeping up to date, great source of info for all the latest on that. I don't keep up to date on JA's daily doings and have never frequented any of her support pages so others will have to chime in there. I'm just happy she's put away where she belongs and civilization is safer because of that.

    Thanks for the brand new thread, ColdPizza!

  3. #18
    After rewatching Nurmi's redirect of the POS (I'm a hopeless Hope ) especially the very interesting part about what she says were in the pages of the journal she tore out, I have a new theory about what she told Travis on May that made him so angry, why the fight was so focused on sex, and why he repeatedly called her a whore.

    I think it's possible what she told him was that she had gone to a GYN after returning to Mesa, and had just gotten test results back saying she had a STD, and thinking it over, she could only have contracted it during the weekend she (supposedly) spent with John Dixon in August 2007. Which meant, she regretted to say, she could have transmitted it to TA in February (or afterwards).

    TA would have thought he'd have to go get tested for STD's (exposure and humiliation), and, the extra malicious bonus for her is that she'd have prevented TA from being sexually active until he did get tested.

    Her "I have something to tell you; something's, actually" texts to him late night on June 1 could have included a whoops- updated results, silly DR. All clear. Sorry to have worried you.

    ------------

    And while mostly fastforwarding through most of Nurmi's ceaseless questions about sex, several things caught my attention.

    On one----- succinctly, Rickshaw, I think you may well be right that she took those photos of Travis on June 4th after she waited for him to wake up, and surprised him after he had "pleasured" himself.

    ((On the "May 10" call she very deliberately elicited specific responses from TA about sexual activity, and repeated things he said she wanted emphasized, including what he said about his new habit of masturbating multiple times a day.))

    If she hid in the closet waiting to take those photos, that may be why in all her stories of the day it is SHE who always wakes up first.


    And if she surprised him while taking photos of him, even on his own camera, he would have had a great deal more difficulty turning down her idea of him taking photos of her nude on the bed. Which is all those "sex" photos demonstrate happened. Those photos that were so promptly deleted....

    (POS testified-- I was never very comfortable with the idea of taking nude photos. I only became somewhat OK with it after a year and a half, when I was willing to do them , but only because TA asked. And even then, only if they got deleted).
    Last edited by Hope4More; 09-01-2016 at 12:39 PM.

  4. #19
    []PHOTOS OF CUT FINGER SHE TOOK BEFORE MURDER


    []Day 26, 1st day of redirect of POS.

    https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...57&FORM=VRDGAR





    She says she took 2 photos of her cut finger at work. The photos are date stamped June 1, but Nurmi testified for her that the photos were actually taken on May 31, after the POS declared, cutely, that she’s just not sure if the time stamps were in GREEN-WHICH or PST.

    The story – she was working night shift at Casa Ramas on May 31, and injured her right index finger putting glasses away because she was going too fast. POS explains: I hurt my finger, “it was clumsy, but not intentionally.”

    She said she took the photos on her Helio, after taking a shower. She peeled back the band-aid, saw it was “gnarly,” then ,(take a look at her look here when she says, I know it sounds strange after June 4, but…) I decided to “take a trophy picture” of the wound to send to a few friends.

    ---------------------


    (In Utah—band-aids were on my right hand. A different set of wounds. The May 31st wounds had healed, these were from breaking a glass at TA’s house the night I arrived, when we went into the kitchen to get a glass of water.

    Don’t remember if I had an injury on my left hand in Utah. Cut fingers weren’t a priority for thinking about or remembering.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3,365
    Quote Originally Posted by Wing Ding View Post
    All I know about Jodi lately is she got married and is expecting.

    See?


    .
    POS has been with child for 18 months now. Poor babe is afraid to come out; in utero is bad enough.

    Seriously, the PV warden has got POS' number. 1. She's evidently been prohibited from asking for book donations to supplement the prison's stock of westerns, which she doesn't deign to read. 2. All her outgoing mail was censored, perhaps owing to the fact she was soliciting money, which is against the rules. 3. She was disciplined for calling a guard something completely unmemorable, and her privileges were rolled back; this meant she couldn't give her mom a hug, in vivo, so to speak. 4. A healthy percentage of every dollar that goes into her account is taken out for the Alexanders; every cent she has is subject to this deduction. 5. She spends a substantial fortune on hemarrhoid treatments. 6. Any attempt POS makes to get public attention is met with smack downs. Mostly, she's outta sight, outta mind. Ooh, forgot... 7. By now, she may have earned enough brownie points to wear orange tops and bottoms instead of a jumpsuit.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3,365
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope4More View Post
    After rewatching Nurmi's redirect of the POS (I'm a hopeless Hope ) especially the very interesting part about what she says were in the pages of the journal she tore out, I have a new theory about what she told Travis on May that made him so angry, why the fight was so focused on sex, and why he repeatedly called her a whore.

    I think it's possible what she told him was that she had gone to a GYN after returning to Mesa, and had just gotten test results back saying she had a STD, and thinking it over, she could only have contracted it during the weekend she (supposedly) spent with John Dixon in August 2007. Which meant, she regretted to say, she could have transmitted it to TA in February (or afterwards).

    TA would have thought he'd have to go get tested for STD's (exposure and humiliation), and, the extra malicious bonus for her is that she'd have prevented TA from being sexually active until he did get tested.

    Her "I have something to tell you; something's, actually" texts to him late night on June 1 could have included a whoops- updated results, silly DR. All clear. Sorry to have worried you.

    ------------

    And while mostly fastforwarding through most of Nurmi's ceaseless questions about sex, several things caught my attention.

    On one----- succinctly, Rickshaw, I think you may well be right that she took those photos of Travis on June 4th after she waited for him to wake up, and surprised him after he had "pleasured" himself.

    ((On the "May 10" call she very deliberately elicited specific responses from TA about sexual activity, and repeated things he said she wanted emphasized, including what he said about his new habit of masturbating multiple times a day.))

    If she hid in the closet waiting to take those photos, that may be why in all her stories of the day it is SHE who always wakes up first.


    And if she surprised him while taking photos of him, even on his own camera, he would have had a great deal more difficulty turning down her idea of him taking photos of her nude on the bed. Which is all those "sex" photos demonstrate happened. Those photos that were so promptly deleted....

    (POS testified-- I was never very comfortable with the idea of taking nude photos. I only became somewhat OK with it after a year and a half, when I was willing to do them , but only because TA asked. And even then, only if they got deleted).
    The walking in on TA while he was getting some private jollies....this may have happened more than once. She used it as a foundation of her pedo lie. Recording TA getting his jollies, was no doubt to humiliate him even more, since the Mormon church bans masturbation, IIRC. The sex photos of her covered up the fact that he was getting it on by his lonesome.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3,365
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope4More View Post
    After rewatching Nurmi's redirect of the POS (I'm a hopeless Hope ) especially the very interesting part about what she says were in the pages of the journal she tore out, I have a new theory about what she told Travis on May that made him so angry, why the fight was so focused on sex, and why he repeatedly called her a whore.

    I think it's possible what she told him was that she had gone to a GYN after returning to Mesa, and had just gotten test results back saying she had a STD, and thinking it over, she could only have contracted it during the weekend she (supposedly) spent with John Dixon in August 2007. Which meant, she regretted to say, she could have transmitted it to TA in February (or afterwards).

    TA would have thought he'd have to go get tested for STD's (exposure and humiliation), and, the extra malicious bonus for her is that she'd have prevented TA from being sexually active until he did get tested.

    Her "I have something to tell you; something's, actually" texts to him late night on June 1 could have included a whoops- updated results, silly DR. All clear. Sorry to have worried you.

    ------------

    And while mostly fastforwarding through most of Nurmi's ceaseless questions about sex, several things caught my attention.

    On one----- succinctly, Rickshaw, I think you may well be right that she took those photos of Travis on June 4th after she waited for him to wake up, and surprised him after he had "pleasured" himself.

    ((On the "May 10" call she very deliberately elicited specific responses from TA about sexual activity, and repeated things he said she wanted emphasized, including what he said about his new habit of masturbating multiple times a day.))

    If she hid in the closet waiting to take those photos, that may be why in all her stories of the day it is SHE who always wakes up first.


    And if she surprised him while taking photos of him, even on his own camera, he would have had a great deal more difficulty turning down her idea of him taking photos of her nude on the bed. Which is all those "sex" photos demonstrate happened. Those photos that were so promptly deleted....

    (POS testified-- I was never very comfortable with the idea of taking nude photos. I only became somewhat OK with it after a year and a half, when I was willing to do them , but only because TA asked. And even then, only if they got deleted).
    Yes on the STD concept: if she had threatened him with a pregnancy, an over-the-counter test would have nuked the lie (and she wouldn't have had the money for a DNA test), but if an STD, we're talking a quick visit to Planned Parenthood for STD tests with sliding scale fees. So, the latter story has more verisimilitude. But, in fact, she made it all up.

    And, yes, masturbation was a key word in the sex tape. It was very important for whatever POS had in mind, with the presumed threat for the bishop's consumption that TA was in charge of the sex and he had way more sex than just the two of them together. She wanted to make it look like she was a minor footnote in TA's compulsion to have sex.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    518
    I've been re reading JM's book. Reading more carefully and slowly this time and appreciating it so much more. (Had I not known anything about the trial, this book would have been a real page turner.)
    While reading the second time around, I'm reminded:

    -His most important mission was to prove premeditation and to expose deceitfulness of POS. The gas cans were his hole-in-one. His gas can strategy is worth rereading.

    -Initially the time stamped sex photos played an important part - to place POS in Travis' house, however as soon as she admitted being there, their value went down considerably in his case.

    It seems he had never questioned whether sex took place or not, like some of us are in here.
    Maybe because he did not use or need them to prove premeditation?

    Sex-No sex or correct-incorrect time stamps ->unrelated to premeditation, IMO

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3,365
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope4More View Post
    After rewatching Nurmi's redirect of the POS (I'm a hopeless Hope ) especially the very interesting part about what she says were in the pages of the journal she tore out, I have a new theory about what she told Travis on May that made him so angry, why the fight was so focused on sex, and why he repeatedly called her a whore.

    I think it's possible what she told him was that she had gone to a GYN after returning to Mesa, and had just gotten test results back saying she had a STD, and thinking it over, she could only have contracted it during the weekend she (supposedly) spent with John Dixon in August 2007. Which meant, she regretted to say, she could have transmitted it to TA in February (or afterwards).

    TA would have thought he'd have to go get tested for STD's (exposure and humiliation), and, the extra malicious bonus for her is that she'd have prevented TA from being sexually active until he did get tested.

    Her "I have something to tell you; something's, actually" texts to him late night on June 1 could have included a whoops- updated results, silly DR. All clear. Sorry to have worried you.

    ------------

    And while mostly fastforwarding through most of Nurmi's ceaseless questions about sex, several things caught my attention.

    On one----- succinctly, Rickshaw, I think you may well be right that she took those photos of Travis on June 4th after she waited for him to wake up, and surprised him after he had "pleasured" himself.

    ((On the "May 10" call she very deliberately elicited specific responses from TA about sexual activity, and repeated things he said she wanted emphasized, including what he said about his new habit of masturbating multiple times a day.))

    If she hid in the closet waiting to take those photos, that may be why in all her stories of the day it is SHE who always wakes up first.


    And if she surprised him while taking photos of him, even on his own camera, he would have had a great deal more difficulty turning down her idea of him taking photos of her nude on the bed. Which is all those "sex" photos demonstrate happened. Those photos that were so promptly deleted....

    (POS testified-- I was never very comfortable with the idea of taking nude photos. I only became somewhat OK with it after a year and a half, when I was willing to do them , but only because TA asked. And even then, only if they got deleted).
    If she had a recent history of threatening she had an STD, no chance in hell he'd be having sex with her. I go for the self-jollying option with the photos of her 'cos she couldn't tolerate the notion that he could enjoy himself without her.

  10. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by pocketaccent View Post
    I've been re reading JM's book. Reading more carefully and slowly this time and appreciating it so much more. (Had I not known anything about the trial, this book would have been a real page turner.)
    While reading the second time around, I'm reminded:

    -His most important mission was to prove premeditation and to expose deceitfulness of POS. The gas cans were his hole-in-one. His gas can strategy is worth rereading.

    -Initially the time stamped sex photos played an important part - to place POS in Travis' house, however as soon as she admitted being there, their value went down considerably in his case.

    It seems he had never questioned whether sex took place or not, like some of us are in here.
    Maybe because he did not use or need them to prove premeditation?

    Sex-No sex or correct-incorrect time stamps ->unrelated to premeditation, IMO

    JM has said that he declined to use at trial a significant amount of additional information he has about the POS, because ultimately it wasn't relevant.

    Relevant to him was, exactly, Pocket, proving premeditation, and securing a conviction that would withstand all appeals. He succeeded in that.

    What kind of additional information about POS did JM know? He's also said it isn't earthshattering, as in, he doesn't have info that the POS was stealing money from TA's PPL accounts, or anything like that.

    I imagine some to most of the info he's referring to was given to the first DT investigator, the one whose findings ultimately took up over 400 pages of reports, only the smallest sliver of which was used by JM at trial.

    JM did also have emails and phone records we've never seen, and computer forensics that weren't introduced at trial. What he doesn't have, IMO, is any better or much more informed understanding of what happened on June 4, if that.

    I agree, Pocket. The sex and shower photos initially were vital to proving she was there on the 4th and when, and when the murder began and ended.

    Whether or not they had sex on the 4th wasn't integral to either side's case; both used it as accepted fact because each could use the "fact" of sex that day to spin their respective cases.

    The fact it didn't benefit either side to investigate that "fact" any further doesn't mean there isn't merit in questioning it or all the other lies about the 4th the lying liar lied about.


  11. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    518
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope4More View Post
    JM has said that he declined to use at trial a significant amount of additional information he has about the POS, because ultimately it wasn't relevant.

    Relevant to him was, exactly, Pocket, proving premeditation, and securing a conviction that would withstand all appeals. He succeeded in that.

    What kind of additional information about POS did JM know? He's also said it isn't earthshattering, as in, he doesn't have info that the POS was stealing money from TA's PPL accounts, or anything like that.

    I imagine some to most of the info he's referring to was given to the first DT investigator, the one whose findings ultimately took up over 400 pages of reports, only the smallest sliver of which was used by JM at trial.

    JM did also have emails and phone records we've never seen, and computer forensics that weren't introduced at trial. What he doesn't have, IMO, is any better or much more informed understanding of what happened on June 4, if that.

    I agree, Pocket. The sex and shower photos initially were vital to proving she was there on the 4th and when, and when the murder began and ended.

    Whether or not they had sex on the 4th wasn't integral to either side's case; both used it as accepted fact because each could use the "fact" of sex that day to spin their respective cases.

    The fact it didn't benefit either side to investigate that "fact" any further doesn't mean there isn't merit in questioning it or all the other lies about the 4th the lying liar lied about
    .
    BBM, That is exactly what I wanted to say but don't have skills to put into words like you do so well
    Yes!! there is plenty of merit for what we've been doing here, including my brave rejection of all of the timeline related evidence.

    (Bravely looking into MM related issues currently.)

  12. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by pocketaccent View Post
    BBM, That is exactly what I wanted to say but don't have skills to put into words like you do so well
    Yes!! there is plenty of merit for what we've been doing here, including my brave rejection of all of the timeline related evidence.

    (Bravely looking into MM related issues currently.)

    You are perfectly articulate, Sister Pocket, and exceptionally astute. I remain in awe of your ability to detect and dissect nuances. MM, eh? I look forward to hearing what you're working on.

    In the meanwhile, I've been plugging back through the POS's trial testimony on direct and cross and redirect, listening for details related to June 4th, which, I'm discovering, were sprinkled throughout.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Land of Ago
    Posts
    15,626
    I'm looking forward to reports from both of you on your separate endeavors. I fully agree with the points you've made about JM, I think he realized early on how easy it would be to become mired in the spiderweb of details she liked to spin and he simply didn't need any more than he had, nudie/shower pics with time stamps at least corroborated by EnCase (if never authenticated further). I still disregard those time stamps, as including them makes less sense of the day's timeline rather than helping to clarify it, imo. But I have been known to be completely wrong so I leave a bare shard of possibility open that sex did occur and/or the time stamps are correct. lol

    I too hope one day he'll write a follow up book with all of the things he knew but hasn't revealed yet, may not be earth shattering but for folks like us, it'll be something of a treasure trove of info.

  14. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by geevee View Post
    I'm looking forward to reports from both of you on your separate endeavors. I fully agree with the points you've made about JM, I think he realized early on how easy it would be to become mired in the spiderweb of details she liked to spin and he simply didn't need any more than he had, nudie/shower pics with time stamps at least corroborated by EnCase (if never authenticated further). I still disregard those time stamps, as including them makes less sense of the day's timeline rather than helping to clarify it, imo. But I have been known to be completely wrong so I leave a bare shard of possibility open that sex did occur and/or the time stamps are correct. lol

    I too hope one day he'll write a follow up book with all of the things he knew but hasn't revealed yet, may not be earth shattering but for folks like us, it'll be something of a treasure trove of info.

    I'd have dropped all this long ago if I believed JM would ever hand over the answers to even just our central questions, in book form or otherwise.

    I trust JM is honest and plain spoken, so I take him at his word. He was done with the POS's case when it was turned over to the PP2 jury. He did want to tell a story about preparing and prosecuting the case from his own perspective , and he did, but that's different than reexamining anything about the case itself. He's done.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3,365
    Quote Originally Posted by pocketaccent View Post
    BBM, That is exactly what I wanted to say but don't have skills to put into words like you do so well
    Yes!! there is plenty of merit for what we've been doing here, including my brave rejection of all of the timeline related evidence.

    (Bravely looking into MM related issues currently.)
    The most astounding new tidbit I've heard on the MM front. When H4M looked over the POS' direct, POS says that she called MM on June 4 BEFORE she started looking for her phone charger (just short of the Nevada border).

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #7
    By Coldpizza in forum Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias
    Replies: 1675
    Last Post: 08-31-2016, 08:21 PM
  2. Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #6
    By KateB in forum Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias
    Replies: 1416
    Last Post: 05-10-2016, 02:19 PM
  3. Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #5
    By KateB in forum Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias
    Replies: 1647
    Last Post: 03-26-2016, 09:56 PM
  4. Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #3
    By KateB in forum Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias
    Replies: 1365
    Last Post: 01-10-2016, 11:35 PM
  5. Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #1
    By Harmony 2 in forum Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias
    Replies: 1218
    Last Post: 06-21-2015, 12:42 PM