1093 users online (239 members and 854 guests)  

Websleuths News

Germany - Father Gregory Arflack for sexually assaulting enlisted men, Bamberg, 2005

A U.S. Army chaplain has been sentenced to five years in prison after pleading guilty to three counts of forcible sodomy against enlisted men.

Capt. Gregory Arflack, a 44-year-old Roman Catholic priest, apologized at his court-martial in Germany. He sobbed and said, "I've had a lot of time to pray and consider what I've done as a priest and an officer and I'm ashamed."

One of the victims, whom Arflack had been counseling about homesickness and family troubles, told the court, "I don't understand how a person of the cloth could do something like that."

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...90/detail.html

Quote Originally Posted by Casshew
    A U.S. Army chaplain has been sentenced to five years in prison after pleading guilty to three counts of forcible sodomy against enlisted men.

Capt. Gregory Arflack, a 44-year-old Roman Catholic priest, apologized at his court-martial in Germany. He sobbed and said, "I've had a lot of time to pray and consider what I've done as a priest and an officer and I'm ashamed."

One of the victims, whom Arflack had been counseling about homesickness and family troubles, told the court, "I don't understand how a person of the cloth could do something like that."

FIVE YEARS???? That's it???

Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ
    FIVE YEARS???? That's it???
    I know! Unbelievable!

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Quote Originally Posted by Casshew

This scares me. I have a nephew in the army training under a chaplain.

How did he get to 3 before he was arrested???! And only 5 years for 3 rapes? That's just sick.

And again a priest... there's something seriously wrong there. It may have been corrected in the newer priests, but the older generation seems to have a lot of bad apples, enough to wonder how that many got there.