Old double-knit polyester never dies...

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
Marlene Wyatt went to a second-hand store to buy a Halloween costume last week. What she found could be just as scary. The prom dress she had made 33 years ago.

"I thought, this material looks familiar," Wyatt said. "Then I thought, `Surely not' and finally, `That's my dress!'"

Melissa Martin, proprietor of The Fashion Exchange, said she knew something special had happened because of the look on Wyatt's face.

"This is amazing," she said. "What are the odds of something like this happening?"

Wyatt, from Yellville, sewed the white double-knit polyester dress when she was in high school.

"We come from a large family, 12 kids," she said. "There were five girls at home at the time, so sewing my own clothes was helpful, but I always loved doing it." Wyatt said the dress has the one of the first invisible zippers she ever sewed.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/news/weird_news/13047767.htm

That is way cool! Too bad they did not include a picture of the dress. One of her in it at prom and one now, would have been really neat!

Would this be considered a serendipity ? :p

I am trying to picture this prom dress. White double knit polyester and prom dress just don't seem to go together!

kgeaux said:
I am trying to picture this prom dress. White double knit polyester and prom dress just don't seem to go together!

It was 1972 and might have been one of those long smooth simple dresses.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woohoo3
Back