1168 users online (254 members and 914 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

NJ - Bertha Dyer, 68, Franklin Township, 30 Aug 2016

Missing Franklin woman is Newark school principal

Police are trying to locate a 68-year-old township woman, an elementary school principal in Newark, who has been missing since Tuesday.
    http://abc7ny.com/news/search-underw...cipal/1494363/

http://www.mycentraljersey.com/story...ipal/89724286/
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Quote Originally Posted by los2188 View Post
    Sure hope she is found safe

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk
    MOO

Hurry up and wait....

Yes, I love Minions.

"68-year-old township woman, an elementary school principal in Newark, who has been missing since Tuesday".
    [...]
    Dyer was apparently last seen around 3 p.m. Aug. 30 at the Mt. Vernon Elementary School in Newark, where she is the principal.
    [...]
    white 2011 Toyota 4Runner
    [...]
    U79GXM."
    NJ plates

Suzanne Russell,
    3:23 pm, edt, 9 1, 16

Eyewitness News, ABC 7
    Updated 1 hr 38 mins ago

"The principal's sister, Sheri Dyer, and retired Newark police detective Michael Beasley say Bertha Dyer is always punctual and always shows up at the school early each morning.
    [...]
    She lives alone in a townhouse in Somerset.
    [...]
    She previously complained to her sister that she was busy getting ready for the new school year but did complain that she had a headache."
    Last edited by FindHG; 09-01-2016 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FindHG View Post
    "68-year-old township woman, an elementary school principal in Newark, who has been missing since Tuesday".
    [...]
    Dyer was apparently last seen around 3 p.m. Aug. 30 at the Mt. Vernon Elementary School in Newark, where she is the principal.
    [...]
    white 2011 Toyota 4Runner
    [...]
    U79GXM."
    NJ plates

Suzanne Russell,
    3:23 pm, edt, 9 1, 16

~

That's strange, how she was reported a day after last seen at the school and missing meetings, but not by Edna Randolph.

Can you make sense of that?

~

Eyewitness News, ABC 7
    Updated 1 hr 38 mins ago

"The principal's sister, Sheri Dyer, and retired Newark police detective Michael Beasley say Bertha Dyer is always punctual and always shows up at the school early each morning.
    [...]
    She lives alone in a townhouse in Somerset.
    [...]
    She previously complained to her sister that she was busy getting ready for the new school year but did complain that she had a headache."
    Agree. The principal of a school is like a main doctor at the doctors office.

Jmo.

They are usually missed and reported missing fairly quickly. Jmo.

So it is definitely strange.

But I am glad that at least we know now and not years from now. So hopefully this gets solved quickly.
    You can fool some of the people some of the time; But guess what? The Bus Stops Here (Life No Parole/ Don't Pass Go: Don't Collect Your $200)

Quote Originally Posted by DexterMorgan View Post
    Agree. The principal of a school is like a main doctor at the doctors office.

Jmo.

They are usually missed and reported missing fairly quickly. Jmo.

So it is definitely strange.

But I am glad that at least we know now and not years from now. So hopefully this gets solved quickly.
    Agreed. I hope so too. School starts next week for her kids.

I wonder if she made it home Tuesday after school.....are the clothes she was wearing Tuesday at home or are they missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie in Spokane View Post
    I wonder if she made it home Tuesday after school.....are the clothes she was wearing Tuesday at home or are they missing?
    Last phone call 7 pm.

Sister alerted by colleagues found three rooms lit and her TV on car keys missing and car.

according to, and more details at, 10pm, now

Rick Holmes, News 12 NJ
    Sept 1 16, 8:34 pm

'Principal's Bertha Dyer's friend and retired LE is traveling to join the family to help them seek answer, while her sister hopes this isn't a hostage type situation.'

Phone going to voice mail

paraphrased

Rick Holmes, update, 10:27

NJNews12 live

Jim Dolan's ABC 7
    update @ 5:44 pm
    Last edited by FindHG; 09-01-2016 at 10:58 PM.

NJNews12 live

paraphrased

the 7 pm phone call was to a colleague

the lights on in the hallway bathroom, the guestroom and her bedroom/bathroom?

A patrolman who used to go past her school, now in retirement will help her family retrace her steps (11:41pm)

~

Franklin Township PD, Somerset
    9 hrs ago

"THE FRANKLIN TOWNSHIP POLICE DEPARTMENT IS SEEKING THE PUBLIC'S HELP IN LOCATING A MISSING PERSON:.."
    Last edited by FindHG; 09-01-2016 at 11:52 PM.

Another picture of her: http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/09/...cipal-missing/

She missed multiple Wednesday meetings. I hope she is found soon!

Breanna Edwards, The Root,
    September 2, 2016

“There are no obvious signs of foul play,” Franklin police Sgt. Philip Rizzo added. “Our detectives are using all the tools at their disposal in an effort to locate Ms. Dyer.”

From what I have read Sheri Dyer and Edna Randolph are both her sisters. I'm not sure why someone pointed out that it was strange she wasn't reported by Edna Randolph. Is there information about Edna that was not in the links provided? Sheri has mentioned that she hopes this isn't a hostage situation. Is this area of NJ dangerous? Have people been taken hostage from their homes there before? Hopefully the ATM records or CC use will help to determine if she is traveling alone or if someone else is with her.

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherNancyDrew View Post
    From what I have read Sheri Dyer and Edna Randolph are both her sisters. I'm not sure why someone pointed out that it was strange she wasn't reported by Edna Randolph. Is there information about Edna that was not in the links provided? Sheri has mentioned that she hopes this isn't a hostage situation. Is this area of NJ dangerous? Have people been taken hostage from their homes there before? Hopefully the ATM records or CC use will help to determine if she is traveling alone or if someone else is with her.
    I don't know about Franklin twp, but Newark, where she works, is one of the worst cities in NJ.

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherNancyDrew View Post
    That was me, AND. It was before much else was known and I had the impression ER lived with her, as opposed to family. That was clarified and I removed it from my post, but Dexie was too fast for me.

Quote Originally Posted by bears10 View Post
    I don't know about Franklin twp, but Newark, where she works, is one of the worst cities in NJ.
    The specific alley Principal Dyer parked her car was said to have been the site of a triple murder, it was mentioned in one of the MSM upthread. Her sister recalled that she'd always cautioned Principal Dyer about parking there.

It's interesting that her bathroom lights were said to be left on. The valuables in a bathroom are usually prescription meds, possibly, if this if foul play.

She was also said to suffer from headaches, by her sister, who must be frantic and tired. She's been great about updating MSM. Hopefully they'll know more soon.
    Last edited by FindHG; 09-02-2016 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FindHG View Post
    The specific alley Principal Dyer parked her car was said to have been the site of a triple murder, it was mentioned in one of the MSM upthread. Her sister recalled that she'd always cautioned Principal Dyer about parking there.

It's interesting that her bathroom lights were said to be left on. The valuables in a bathroom are usually prescription meds, possibly, if this if foul play.

She was also said to suffer from headaches, by her sister, who must be frantic and tired. She's been great about updating MSM. Hopefully they'll know more soon.
    I haven't had the chance yet to read too many articles yet, but the story is getting attention in the media here which is good. Scary stuff about the homicides but not surprising unfortunately. Most areas of Newark are no stranger to car theft, guns, violence, and murder. I have a wedding in Newark this weekend and will be thinking about principal dyer and hoping she is located ASAP.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast