1160 users online (216 members and 944 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

MI - Caitlin, 8, & Charlotte Peck, 5, Northville Township, 13 Aug 2016

Northville Township man pleads for help finding 2 missing daughters

A Northville Township man is pleading for help in finding his two young daughters after he says his ex-wife failed to return them.
    The girls have been missing for 10 days, and the woman is being sought on two federal kidnapping charges.
    The children were supposed to be back with their father on Aug. 21, but police said they have evidence that they were with their mother in South Carolina on Aug. 24 and in Georgia Aug. 26. Police said she also has ties to Florida.
    http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/n...sing-daughters
    "When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

MI - Charlotte, 5, and Caitlin, 8 w/mother Courtney Peck, Northville, 13 August 2016

Northville father concerned after his exwife did not bring his girls back from a roadtrip:

On August 13th, Courtney Peck picked up her two daughters for a scheduled visitation. She said she was taking the girls on a road trip, just a couple hours away.

They were scheduled to return August 21 at 4:00 pm.

Courtney has yet to bring 8-year-old Caitlin and 5-year-old Charlotte home.
    Read More: http://www.wxyz.com/news/region/wayn...h-their-mother

In a weird way, I hope she did kidnap them and that they didn't have a car accident. Either way, we need to find these cuties fast!

MI - Caitlin Peck, 8 & Charlotte Peck, 5, Northville Township, 13 August 2016

The federal kidnapping complaint says 8-year-old Caitlin and 5-year-old Charlotte, and a baby that Courtney Peck had with another man during the divorce, are believed to be headed to Florida with their mother.

"Weíre just looking at all the information thatís available to us, taking advantage of any information we get," Northville Township Police Chief Todd Mutchler said.

Peck said he's haunted by "what ifs" because of Courtney Peckís sometimes unstable behavior. She was charged last August with fleeing Grosse Pointe Farms police after they discovered her in a no-trespassing zone with the baby at 3 a.m.

Police used stop sticks to stop her.

"Iím afraid that, you know, maybe theyíre gone," Peck said. "Maybe Iíll never see them again. And itís concerning and makes me really upset."

By fleeing, Courtney also missed sentencing on the Grosse Pointe complaint. Her family and friends said they have not heard from her. Police said they are also concerned.

In the interim, the court has given James Peck sole custody of the children, which he believes might make his ex-wife's urge to run even stronger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by lovinlife83; 09-02-2016 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Adding link

Sounds like mom is on the run, not good!

Quote Originally Posted by lovinlife83 View Post

The federal kidnapping complaint says 8-year-old Caitlin and 5-year-old Charlotte, and a baby that Courtney Peck had with another man during the divorce, are believed to be headed to Florida with their mother.

"Weíre just looking at all the information thatís available to us, taking advantage of any information we get," Northville Township Police Chief Todd Mutchler said.

Peck said he's haunted by "what ifs" because of Courtney Peckís sometimes unstable behavior. She was charged last August with fleeing Grosse Pointe Farms police after they discovered her in a no-trespassing zone with the baby at 3 a.m.

Police used stop sticks to stop her.

"Iím afraid that, you know, maybe theyíre gone," Peck said. "Maybe Iíll never see them again. And itís concerning and makes me really upset."

By fleeing, Courtney also missed sentencing on the Grosse Pointe complaint. Her family and friends said they have not heard from her. Police said they are also concerned.

In the interim, the court has given James Peck sole custody of the children, which he believes might make his ex-wife's urge to run even stronger.
    So she's running from the law, and she took all the kids with her. And the kids' dad is fearful she may harm them and herself. Oh no! Please please please find these 3 darlings before anything else happens.

Here's the incident from 2015: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/w...-infant-in-car
    Courtney Ann Peck, 38, was charged Tuesday with fleeing and eluding police, reckless driving and fourth-degree child abuse.

Police said Peck sped off when an officer found her around 3 a.m. Monday parked in a no trespassing zone in the 140 block of Lakeshore Drive in Grosse Pointe Farms.
    Why was she allowed to take the girls "on a road trip" when she had a charge of 4th-degree child abuse?
    Did she still have legal custody of the 1 month old after that incident?
    I wonder if the baby she has with her now was also taken on the "road trip" without it's father's permission or knowledge?

I just hope she is found and relinquishes the kids without a fight.

ETA another article from 2015 with more details of the incident: http://www.wxyz.com/news/region/wayn...ld-baby-in-car
    Last edited by Gardener1850; 09-02-2016 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardener1850 View Post
    What happened to this lady's mind that she's making these horrible decisions? The three kids are absolutely adorable. I hope they are found today!

Courtney's mom is posting on fb about her daughter and grandchildren being missing. I know I can't link to her fb due to TOS but her mom's comments are interesting. Now I'm worried something bad could have happened like a car accident or another person involved... Please let those babies be found safe!
    Last edited by Gardener1850; 09-02-2016 at 10:07 AM.

I went to the same high school as her, but she graduated a few years earlier!

Quote Originally Posted by Gardener1850 View Post
    Courtney's mom is posting on fb about her daughter and grandchildren being missing. I know I can't link to her fb due to TOS but her mom's comments are interesting. Now I'm worried something bad could have happened like a car accident or another person involved... Please let those babies be found safe!
    Omg, this can't be good,

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    If I hadn't seen this thread, I wouldn't have known anything about this local case. Even the WDIV article is down the page on the website; I only saw the article because of the link here. Nothing on WWJ radio so far this morning. No other media coverage.

Why no Amber Alert? I hope there's an APB out for the mother and children. Doesn't sound good. the girls are safe and will be found soon.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...id=80221381134

That's a MSM link, WXYZ

Lots of interesting comments

Especially by JM

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    No mention of the missing children on Channel 4 (WDIV) noon news. School starts on Tuesday for most Michigan students. I'm sure both girls want to return to school, meet their teachers, see their friends. I hope no harm has come to them and that they are returned to their father's custody soon.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast