1154 users online (238 members and 916 guests)  

Websleuths News

WV - Clay Epperly, 30, Keystone, 29 August 2016

Search for WV man ends after he got separated from friends in an abandoned coal mine:

Epperly and three friends - 38-year-old Steve Cordle, 35-year-old Brandon Collins and 22-year-old Justin Bolen - entered the mine Monday night. Epperly became separated from the group, and the friends went back into the mine looking for him about 2 a.m. Tuesday.
    Read more: http://ap.stripes.com/dynamic/storie...09-01-20-16-55

Family members of Clay Epperly, 30, of Keystone, told the Daily Telegraph Thursday that the search is over, and the man’s body was not found. The family members said the mine is now going to be sealed.

Rescue crews searching for Epperly encountered too many dangerous situations underground to continue the search, the family members said.
    Read more: http://www.bdtonline.com/news/rescue...09ecde4cd.html

Family continues to hope for miracle, despite the mine being sealed and the search ending: http://www.wvva.com/story/33006792/2...-for-a-miracle

I feel for them. I wonder if he could have wandered out of the mine when he got separated from his friends and is injured outside someplace? That's the only chance they have of finding him at this point. Doesn't look good though.

I really wish they'd give it a couple of weeks before they seal it. Miracles do happen even though the probability is low.
    My opinion only, unless referenced or supported by a link! And my websleuth opinions remain exclusive to websleuths. Thank you!

AZ, USA
    According to this news item he has been "pronounced dead". This is what the family states. How do they know that he is even in there? He could have gotten out before his friends. Unless, they have some sort of evidence that he is in there I cannot understand the statement that he is "pronounced dead".

Do more than belong: participate.
    Do more than care: help.
    Do more than believe: practice.
    Do more than be fair: be kind.
    Do more than forgive: forget.
    Do more than dream: work.
    William Aruthur Ward