OK OK - Stephen Hurder, 45, Oklahoma City, 2006

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
Police search property for man missing 10 years.
Missing persons report was not filed until this year.

The search was underway at 7200 S. Post Rd in Oklahoma City. Police used a backhoe to dig into a junk pile behind the home where a creek ran nearby. At one point, the digging stopped so investigators could take a closer look at a tarp that had been unearthed.
According to police documents, Hurder's mother says her son left with a friend ten years ago, leaving his wallet, car and wife behind when he disappeared.
The property being searched is Hurder’s last known address. Neighbors say the house was mostly vacant, except for the occasional squatters. One neighbor said the home had also be foreclosed on. Police said she tried to file a missing person report in 2006, but there wasn't any evidence of foul play, so police did not take the report. However, last month a report was filed.

Read more: http://www.newson6.com/story/32979137/crews-investigate-10-year-old-missing-persons-case-in-e-okc

11667309_G.jpg

How sad that 10 years went by before he could be officially reported missing. He left behind a wife--why didn't the wife report anything? I guess she thought he had just taken off and was fleeing the drug charges against him? I wonder if he is an unidentified case somewhere?

How sad that 10 years went by before he could be officially reported missing. He left behind a wife--why didn't the wife report anything? I guess she thought he had just taken off and was fleeing the drug charges against him? I wonder if he is an unidentified case somewhere?

Good thinking! He definitely could be!

34999_185378.jpg
34999_185381.jpg

<<Stephen Michael Hurder has been missing from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma since July 5th, 2006. Police refused to take a missing persons report until 2016.

Stephen was last seen leaving his home located on the 7200 block of south Post Road with a friend. He left behind all his belongings, including his wallet and car. Stephen has a criminal history that includes attempted burglary and possession of cannabis.

Stephen was 45-years-old at the time of his disappearance. He had brown hair and mustache with brown eyes. He was 5’9-5’10 and 200-220lbs. He went by Steve. He is #MP34999 in NaMus.>>

I highlighted in red that the police refused to take a missing person report until 2016. How odd, I wonder why?

• hurder_stephen.jpg
  • hurder_stephen2.jpg
  • hurder_stephen3.jpg
Hurder, circa 2006
  • Missing Since 07/05/2006
  • Missing From Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Age 45 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'9 - 5'10, 200 - 220 pounds

• Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Hurder had a mustache at the time of his disappearance. He has a scar on his left arm. His nickname is Steve.

Details of Disappearance​

Hurder was last seen at his residence in the 7200 block of south Post Road in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma on July 5, 2006. His wife stated he left home with a friend, leaving his wallet, car and other belongings behind. He has never been heard from again.

Because there was no evidence of foul play in Hurder's disappearance, the police refused to take a missing persons report until 2016. His case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency​

• Oklahoma City Police Department 405-297-1129

Source Information​

Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated April 15, 2019; casefile added.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood
Back