GUILTY NC - Wyatt Rivens, 26, slain, body burned, Davidson, 29 Oct 2005

JTF09042

Reaction score
Police Suspect Foul Play in Missing Davidson Man
Wednesday, November 2, 2005

Police in Davidson suspect foul play in the disappearance of a man reported missing last week.

This is a picture of Wyatt Rivens. He is 26 years old.

Davidson Police said he was supposed to pick up his daughter from a relative Saturday, but never showed up.

Rivens was last seen at the Burger King on I-77 at exit 25. Investigators believe he left there and either got back on I-77 or took Statesville Road.

Police said he was last seen driving a White 1996 Nissan Altima GXE with NC license tag RZH -9122.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Davidson Police Department at 704-892-5131 or Detective Steve Ingram at 704-940-9612.

http://www.wbtv.com/news/news_detail.cfm?ns_id=1203&hdr=2

Hmmm, what do you think is the foul play circumstance? Drugs, ex-wife issues, owed someone money? I'd like to see some more info.

This is from a local tv channel, NOvember 4. Not anything since then, though.

www.wbtv.com

Musician Wyatt Rivens disappeared last Friday and police are still trying to figure out what happened to him.

In the past week, Davidson police have interviewed more than 75 people in hopes of obtaining clues about Rivens' mysterious disappearance. Many of the people who have been questioned by police are fellow musicians.

WBTV News 3 spoke with one of Rivens' cousins who works for radio station 100.9 Praise FM in Charlotte.

"Its a close-knit community in North Mecklenburg and normally things like this don't happen very often," said DJ Tonya Rivens.

Wyatt Rivens is described as a local musician with much promise who was breaking out with a second CD, but producers like Mike Lee at Record Producers worry about the backlash that can occur.

"We hate to hear when folks come up with problems and if someone is missing, your loved ones, that kind of thing is not good for music, its not good for the community," said Lee.

Rivens' family continues assisting police in their investigation. WBTV News 3 has also learned that Rivens' father from Georgia is in town.

If you have any information as to where Wyatt Rivens may be, please call Crime Stoppers at 704-334-1600.

This happened in my neck of the woods. Suprisingly, there has been very little information on the news. They have not found his car either and the last time he was seen was very near Interstate 77. He could have just taken off, or he certainly could have run into some unsavory characters traveling through. I hope he is found safe.

Police Search For Missing Person In Davidson

UPDATED: November 10, 2005

DAVIDSON, N.C. -- A detective has been assigned to a case of a missing person in Davidson.

Davidson Police has been searching for 26-year-old Wyatt Scott Rivens who was last seen on October 29.

Police describe Rivens as approximately 5 feet 5 inches tall and weights 140 pounds with a slender build. Police said Rivens has a tattoo of a cross on his left shoulder and was last seen wearing a gray jogging suit with red letters on the front.

According to police, Rivens was drving a 1996 white Nissan Altima GXE with North Carolina license No. RZH-9122.

Police are canvassing neighborhoods and passing out flyers. They believe Rivens didn't disappear on his own and police think there was possible foul play.

If you have any information please contact North Mecklenburg Crime Stoppers at (704) 896-7867 or contact Detective Ingram at (704) 940-9612.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/5294855/detail.html

Search For Missing Person Leads To Dead Body

DAYTON, Ohio -- Police in Dayton said detectives trying to find a missing person discovered a dead body on Thursday. They believe the man may have been a victim of foul play.

Authorities said the man was shot to death in a home located at 56 West Norman Avenue.

Police said officers have been working the missing person case for several days after relatives became concerned of the man’s whereabouts. Officers said they found the man’s car abandoned with a gun in it near North Main Street.

Detectives said the investigation led to the home where the body of a man was found. Police have not identified the man as the missing person they were looking for, but are waiting for positive identification.

Family members told police that they became concerned because it was out of the man’s nature to not be in contact with relatives.

Police said the man that was found inside the home had been shot multiple times.

More: http://www.whiotv.com/news/5298361/detail.html?rss=day&psp=news

DAVIDSON, NC -- Davidson police and the family of a missing man who may have been kidnapped are offering a reward for help in finding him.

<snip>

Police said they are looking into new leads in the case, but they are looking for help. The Rivens family is offering a $3,000 reward and Crime Stoppers is offering $1,000 for a $4,000 total reward.
If you have any information in this case police are asking you to call Detective Steve Ingram at 704-940-9617 extension 224.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/topstories/stories/wcnc-120205-jmn-new_missingman.2f6caf85.html

Human remains found in Gaston woods

News 14 Carolina found out that the owner of a piece of property near the road was trying to sell it, so he had a land surveyor come out and survey the area this week. The surveyor found nothing unusual over the past few days, but around 8 a.m. Friday he made a gruesome discovery. He told neighbors he saw a badly decomposed body.

More: http://www.news14charlotte.com/content/local_news/?AC=&ArID=110007&SecID=2

Sounds like whoever it was has been there a long time ,I hope they get an ID and its not another unidentified case.:(

Sounds like more than one body. Whose missing in the area? Aren't there several missing woman in that part of the state?

aussiegran said:
Sounds like whoever it was has been there a long time ,I hope they get an ID and its not another unidentified case.:(
I watched the news video and I am unclear about how long the remains were there. It could have been that they were there the whole time or it almost sounded like the remains were not there one day and then were there the next day, as if they had been stored somewhere and then dumped out.

Beyond Belief said:
"legs all over the place", I wonder what we have here.
...According to neighbors, there were body parts found all around.

“(The surveyor) come by here and told us; he said that there was legs lying everywhere, that . . . just nasty, nasty,” said neighbor Austin Walker.

Ewwww that is so gross, this place wasn't a body farm was it?

Beyond Belief said:
"legs all over the place", I wonder what we have here.

Does that mean pieces of two legs or more than two legs? If it is more than two legs it sounds like the Green River type killings where he used a particular area to dump the bodies.

The story appears to have just been updated a bit ago.

The remains have been badly burned. They can't determine as of yet if they belong to a man, woman, child or if it's even more than one person :(

Another scary situation. People need to spend more of their incomes on self protection...living in gated communities, alarm systems, deadbolts, etc. Even if you think some of it is more than you need. Criminals will go the path of least resistence. Don't leave your doors unlocked or your cars. Even if you think it is just for a minute. These minutes are what we are seeing over and over. I lock my car to go to the community mailbox. I am 25 feet away but still, if my purse got stolen? Not even counting a perv hiding in the backseat.

It isn't about paranoia as much as so many seize opportunities to make your life hell.

That is really creepy. I wonder how many people are missing in that area. Sounds like the man who came upon the scene was pretty shook up. Must have been pretty bad. I hope they can ID the victim or victims.

Posted on Sat, Dec. 31, 2005

Body found at side of road

Surveyor discovered charred remains at Gaston County turnout

CLEVE R. WOOTSON JR.

cwootson@charlotteobserver.com

SPENCER MOUNTAIN - A land surveyor discovered a body, apparently charred, on winding Lowell-Spencer Mountain Road early Friday.

The body was found in a turnout on the two-lane road in front of wooded property owned by Edwin Elliott, who is getting the land surveyed before he sells it.

Surveyors had been on the almost 5-acre vacant parcel for a couple of days. But neither they nor loggers who parked their truck in the turnout in front of his parcel saw anything Thursday night, "so we know the body wasn't there then," Elliott said.

Elliott, who sells antiques and gives music lessons across the street from the where the body was found, said the surveyor told him "the body was burned and apparently a leg was detached. It looked like someone tried to tape it all back together. ... (Police have) been in the woods all day pulling things out."

Elliott said he had seen no unusual activity in the past few days. People often pull into the turnout to use their cell phones, Elliott said. Sometimes, people dump dead dogs there.

Gaston County Police Sgt. Steve Myers said officers don't know much yet, including the victim's gender. They got a call at 8:56 Friday morning about skeletal remains.

Myers wouldn't comment on Elliott's reports that the body had been burned and one of its legs detached . He said police would have more information after an autopsy is done in Chapel Hill.

Police are investigating the case as a homicide -- the 11th reported in Gaston County this year and the fourth investigated by county police, who operate in areas of the county without their own police force.

Anyone with information should call Gaston County Police, (704) 861-8000.

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/observer/news/local/states/north_carolina/counties/gaston/13521758.htm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back