1392 users online (260 members and 1132 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Still no update. Forrest has officially been added to NamUs.
    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/poster/35136

Do people swim in the Bayou? I'm not familiar with this part of the country and having an idea if Forrest would have voluntarily entered the water would be quite helpful.

TX - Forrest Nearing, 39, Alvin, 30 August 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Jesikah1 View Post
    Do people swim in the Bayou? I'm not familiar with this part of the country and having an idea if Forrest would have voluntarily entered the water would be quite helpful.
    The bayou is very murky muddy at the end of Wickwillow. The road dead ends to a culdesac. There are a few houses on acreage also. It's in Brazoria County. If a person wanted to swim there, I suppose you could, but I certainly wouldn't want to. Forrest lives up near the entrance to Wickwillow, maybe 6 or 7 houses on the left going towards the culdesac/bayou. Chocolate Bayou is to the left of the culdesac, you can see how it winds around corners and is covered by trees and foliage as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Stella888; 09-11-2016 at 03:27 AM.

Thank you for your response. Forrest's dog being wet made me wonder if he could have had an accident while swimming, although it seems unlikely that this would be the case now. I knew Forrest very briefly over twenty years ago as a friend of a friend but can confirm that he is a very special soul, one that deserves all the good energy and prayers that can be made at this time. I feel awful for his family and loved ones, and hope answers to his disappearance come soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesikah1 View Post
    Thank you for your response. Forrest's dog being wet made me wonder if he could have had an accident while swimming, although it seems unlikely that this would be the case now. I knew Forrest very briefly over twenty years ago as a friend of a friend but can confirm that he is a very special soul, one that deserves all the good energy and prayers that can be made at this time. I feel awful for his family and loved ones, and hope answers to his disappearance come soon.
    I didn't know Forrest, but we live close by and a friend of mine lived on that road for more than 20 years and we've walked up and down it many times. My husband and I volunteered several times and drove over to help search, but Texas Equusearch turned us away every time. Very disappointing. I even called TES and was still told our help was not needed. So we drove up and down what parts of the bayou we could access by truck. The bayou was only knee deep in the area he went missing. The media made it sound as if he might have drowned in the deep bayou. Maybe further down that could happen, but not right where the dog was found. Now I've seen post on our local forums that in my opinion, I think he's possibly alive and just needs time to sort things out. That is my opinion of course, after actually driving to the area he went missing from. I hope and pray that this is the case, as I feel for his family the not knowing. I have heard and read nothing but kind words about Forrest. He is loved by many.

Born and raised in Texas, 25 years in Arizona
    Going by the article on the second post in this thread, are they inferring this is most likely a suicide ?

Normally when we see family members referencing "mental issues" it's an indication they believe the person may harm themselves.

Looks like they may be right this time, 2 weeks in and no sign of him.

This is a post from the Find Forrest Nearing Facebook page made today:

TxEq, true to their word, came out this morning ready to roll out! They hauled all of us around, chasing leads and possibilities.

Unfortunately, we did not find any new definitive information, BUT TxEq is interested in some areas that they would like to investigate. If you are interested in joining their efforts, another search group is forming for this Wednesday (09/21/16) At 8:00AM.
    The search group will meet at the culdesac of Wickwillow Ln, near Chocolate Bayou at 8:00AM. Wickwillow is off ct. rd. 185 between Parker School House Rd. and FM 1462 (in Alvin, TX 77511).
    Please contact me or comment below if you can make it out so that we can have an idea of how many we will have. Also, please let us know if you may have any special skills or resources that may be pertinent to our search efforts.
    Thank you to those that aided our efforts in the search groups today. Words cannot describe our heartfelt gratitude and your dedication. ❤️
    Thank you all and Find Forrest Nearing!

Forrest Nearing was found deceased per his sisters FB account. The family is asking for privacy at this time.

https://www.facebook.com/MissingPiec...000258772813:0

RIP Forrest. Prayers for his family and friends.
    "Hope itself is like a star... not to be seen in the sunshine of prosperity, and only to be discovered in the night of adversity. " - C.H. Spurgeon

It is confirmed here in this article..

http://www.texasequusearch.org/2016/...n-texas-83016/
    Do more than belong: participate.
    Do more than care: help.
    Do more than believe: practice.
    Do more than be fair: be kind.
    Do more than forgive: forget.
    Do more than dream: work.
    William Aruthur Ward

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2