703 users online (78 members and 625 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 91 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Wow. Finally an answer for his family.

I am glad the family will have some sort of "closure." But it's heartbreaking, all the same. I will be praying for them. Especially if Heinrich gives horrifying details of what happened.

I am just in shock. I knew of the mans arrest last fall but never thought he'd give up Jacob's location. I was 26 when Jacob was taken and living in Minnesota so I've tried to follow this story over the years. Every fall I would think of it again and wonder what really happened and if his family would ever know the truth, ever have closure - whatever that can possibly be.

Rest in peace sweet Jacob. Come home and be at rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Limecat

"Live together, or die alone." Jack Shephard

All posts are jmo.

I just read the news and started crying my eyes out. I remember when he went missing. He's only a few years older than me. I'm glad they can put him to rest, but how horrific knowing what he went through at the hands of that monster. Poor baby and poor family. I'm so sad for them.

Prayers for the family. RIP Jacob.

My only thought is that maybe he was never getting out anyway on the other charges, and would prefer to spend his time in state prison as opposed to federal prison. He'd most assuredly go to Oak Park Heights prison because of the high profile nature of his crimes, it's not as bad as some other supermax prisons.

It's also possible that there's some investigations that we aren't privy to that might have led (or he thought they might) eventually lead to the discovery of the body anyway.

While it's incredibly heartbreaking to know the worst fears were realized, it must give hope to many others that one day their missing loved ones will be found and laid to rest properly. God bless his dear family. They never gave up.

Thoughts and prayers to the family.

RIP Jacob. I am so heartbroken and at a complete loss of words.

I have a question for my fellow WS'ers. Have any of you followed a case like this, for so many years, where there were finally answers after you were certain there never would be?

Suspicions yes, evidence leading one way or another, yes. I lived in MN when Jacob was taken. I was 26 and now I'm 53. I followed this for years. Would revisit it over and over again. Formed personal opinions based on new information, heart in my throat every time there was a new search or new hint at a suspect, only to be so disappointed again and again.

Now, at last, Jacob is found and I'm in shock. Not only do we know where he is, but who took him. And his family can now bring him home.

It's a strange feeling. Like I can't trust it. How can there be answers when I'd been so sure we'd never really know?

Do any of you feel like I do? I am not putting this in words very well at all. I wonder if I was addicted to the speculation and never knowing. To the what ifs? In all my sleuthing did I truly forget that this was real? That these were real people in real pain, not just posts on a forum? I don't like to think that of myself, but I wonder. I really do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Limecat

"Live together, or die alone." Jack Shephard

All posts are jmo.

Discussion, links also here, starting with #39 and following:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...tterling/page2

I can't believe it, And to think we were just talking about the shoe print being a match to Heinrichs shoe. I'm in shock , and so sad what sweet Jacob was put through by this vile man. And his wonderful family, I'm so sorry for what they've had to endure all these years. God Bless them.

Jacob Wetterling's remains have reportedly been found

Some say the main suspect in the case has led the FBI to remains believed to be Wetterlings

http://kstp.com/news/jacob-wetterlin...ation/4253499/

My heart is broken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "One day, I want to look him in the eye and say, 'I never gave up.'" ~Patty Wetterling

My hope is that he didn't suffer long, if at all. So, I wonder if they suspect accomplices, will they keep the site of the remains private?.
    All statements made by me in this venue, in the past, now and in the future, are my opinion and my opinion alone. There is no intent or design, ulterior or otherwise, in the content I provide save for the determination of a most probable narrative of events. Any other effects are purely coincidental and unintentional.

Page 2 of 91 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast