1216 users online (218 members and 998 guests)  

Websleuths News

AL - Police officer cradling a one-month-old baby after both her parents overdosed

Neighbors in Birmingham called the police to report the sound of children crying, and Officer Michelle Burton arrived to find their 30-year-old father dead on the kitchen floor.

While the unconscious mother, 35, was revived and taken to the hospital.

All four children were taken to the South Precinct, where Burton, an eight-year-veteran, took care of the kids for seven hours while social workers looked into foster homes.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...=1490#comments

Burton's motherly instincts kicked in, by making sure the children had eaten.

"I took all of my equipment off and got the baby and just held her because I know babies like to be held. She slept and slept until she couldn't sleep anymore,” said Burton.

Not everyone is happy with what Officer Burton did, some members of the children’s family have left hateful messages for her at the South Precinct.
    She responded by saying she was just doing her job.

http://www.wbrc.com/story/32944639/v...nto-mommy-mode

I don't understand why she'd get hateful messages left for her? I find it reassuring that an officer is first and foremost a human being.
    I hope the mother gets whatever help she needs and the children are ok

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by popsicle View Post
    Neighbors in Birmingham called the police to report the sound of children crying, and Officer Michelle Burton arrived to find their 30-year-old father dead on the kitchen floor.

While the unconscious mother, 35, was revived and taken to the hospital.

All four children were taken to the South Precinct, where Burton, an eight-year-veteran, took care of the kids for seven hours while social workers looked into foster homes.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...=1490#comments

Burton's motherly instincts kicked in, by making sure the children had eaten.

"I took all of my equipment off and got the baby and just held her because I know babies like to be held. She slept and slept until she couldn't sleep anymore,” said Burton.

Not everyone is happy with what Officer Burton did, some members of the children’s family have left hateful messages for her at the South Precinct.
    She responded by saying she was just doing her job.

http://www.wbrc.com/story/32944639/v...nto-mommy-mode

Love this we need more of this 💕

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

OK, I know you all don't know me but I feel like I know a lot of you as I am a reader; not much of a poster. I overslept this morning; have a nasty UTI. Just getting my first cup of coffee in me. I just read that horrible thread where someone shot and killed someone because the door of the McDonald wasn't held open for a women. Now, an office is receiving ugly comments for comforting children that just lost one parent and may loose another? Am I having a nightmare? Is my fever back???

The world has gone mad!!!

This officer brought tears to my eyes.
    IMO JMO
    -------------------------------------------
    Find Heather
    Find Eric Lee Franks
    https://www.facebook.com/FindEricFranks?ref=bookmarks

"Opinions are like buttholes. Everyone has one." Mikayoyo

I guess we know all we need to know about this adorable child's "family members" if they feel the need to send hateful messages to this caring, giving officer.

I didn't read that article, but maybe the family is mad about lack of privacy. That child is an individual, with a private life. Her face shouldn't be publicized like this in a story about her parents screwing up. There's a reason why foster parents aren't allowed to share photos of their placements on social media, this is no different. That baby should have a right to privacy. The story is just as touching with her face blurred out.