GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 Aug 2014 - Enrique Arochi kidnapping trial #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldpizza

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Trial set for man accused of kidnapping Christina Morris from Plano's Shops at Legacy

Valerie Wigglesworth

1472180295-morris-and-arochi.JPG

After two years, hundreds of tips and an arrest, family and friends still don't know what happened to Christina Morris.

The 23-year-old woman hasn't been seen since she walked with an acquaintance into a Plano parking garage. The time stamp on the Shops at Legacy surveillance video was 3:55 a.m. Aug. 30, 2014.

Despite intense, high-profile pleas and searches by authorities and those close to Morris, her whereabouts remain unknown.

On Sept. 6, all eyes will shift to a Collin County courtroom where the man accused in her disappearance is set to go on trial. Enrique Arochi, 26, is the acquaintance from that surveillance video. He has said he doesn't know what happened to Morris.

Plano police charged him with aggravated kidnapping, a first-degree felony that carries a penalty of up to life in prison. Arochi has pleaded not guilty.

Media Thread

Gabriel Roxas CBS 11

Valerie Wigglesworth Dallas News

L.P. Phillips CBSDFW

Natalie Solis FOX4

Jobin Panicker WFFA

Alice Barr NBC5

The trial has been a long time coming. I hope we get some answers as to what happened that night. I drive the Alma/121 intersection every day and even if I'm thinking of something else at the time, Christina always pops into my head as soon as I am just north of that intersection.
I hope that jury selection goes smoothly and they can get started quickly.

So sorry if this has been asked but is the trial going to be televised? Thanks in advance. So ready for our girl to get some justice! !!

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

Thinking of Christina, her family and friends and everyone who has been touched by this case.

Let justice be done and questions be answered.

It will not be televised but we should be getting Twitter updates via MSM sources.

So sorry if this has been asked but is the trial going to be televised? Thanks in advance. So ready for our girl to get some justice! !!

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

It will not be televised but we should be getting Twitter updates via MSM sources.

I found this guy L.P. Phillips with CBSDFW who says he is going to be covering the trial:

https://mobile.twitter.com/lpphillips/status/771727012721487872

And of course Valerie Wigglesworth with The Dallas Morning News:

https://mobile.twitter.com/vlwigg?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Reading through the news this morning, I am shocked that EA has been in jail since December 2014. In my mind, I knew it, but wow - he's been sitting and rotting for over a year and a half.

A) How has that much time passed already - it seems like this just happened?
B) I hope he is mentally broken -- we need to #findchristina and I think he's our only ticket at this point.

Here's to a quick trial and a guilty verdict.

L.P. Phillips ‏@lpphillips 26s26 seconds ago

jury selection finally open for reporters in #EnriqueArochi trial. just let in room, Nothing happening yet

Valerie Wigglesworth ‏@vlwigg 31s32 seconds ago

District Judge Mark Rusch has arrived. Jury selection getting started now. #arochitrial

L.P. Phillips ‏@lpphillips 30s31 seconds ago

Judge Mark Rusch on the bench. 125 prospective jurors are being addressed.

L.P. Phillips ‏@lpphillips 19s19 seconds ago
Judge telling prospective jurors they are here for aggravated kidnapping case against #EnriqueArochi

Jobin Panicker ‏@jobinpnews 1h1 hour ago
The question today: Can Collin County seat an impartial jury in a highly publicized case? #arochitrial

Jobin Panicker ‏@jobinpnews 4m4 minutes ago
#NOW Media ushered into courtroom. Morris family sitting in reserved section in front. #arochitrial @wfaachannel8

Jobin Panicker ‏@jobinpnews 2m2 minutes ago
Judge Rusch is now talking with juror candidates. #arochitrial @wfaachannel8

Jobin Panicker ‏@jobinpnews 1m1 minute ago
Judge Rusch: "Our goal is to come up with 12 folks" #arochitrial @wfaachannel8

Natalie Solis ‏@Fox4Natalie 13s14 seconds ago McKinney, TX
Judge Mark Rusch hoping to get 12 jurors & couple of alternates picked today in #Arochi trial @Fox4

Jobin Panicker ‏@jobinpnews 15s15 seconds ago
Judge says the goal is to get the jury picked today. #arochitrial @wfaachannel8

Gabriel Roxas ‏@cbs11gabriel 11s11 seconds ago McKinney, TX
Judge Mark Rusch says he expects to have a jury picked by the end of today #arochitrial

L.P. Phillips ‏@lpphillips 7m7 minutes ago
Judge says the prospective jurors will eventually fill out forms, then lawyers will discuss challenges. Expects to have jury selected today

Valerie Wigglesworth ‏@vlwigg 6m6 minutes ago
Judge explains jury to be made up of 1st 12 not eliminated by preemptive challenge or challenge for cause - plus 2 alternates #arochitrial

Natalie Solis ‏@Fox4Natalie 5m5 minutes ago McKinney, TX
Judge tells potential jurors their role is to be "fact finders" -- who/what/how much they believe up to them @FOX4 #Arochi #ChristinaMorris

Jobin Panicker ‏@jobinpnews 4m4 minutes ago
Enrique Arochi is sitting next to defense team as Judge gives instructions. He is wearing a suit #arochitrial @wfaachannel8

As Arochi was introduced he stood up and nodded his head toward juror candidates #arochitrial @wfaachannel8

Gabriel Roxas ‏@cbs11gabriel 46s47 seconds ago McKinney, TX
One potential juror tells judge she doesn't feel like she can sit in judgement of another person. #arochitrial

Gabriel Roxas ‏@cbs11gabriel 35s35 seconds ago McKinney, TX
A second potential juror says she feels the same. #arochitrial

Natalie Solis ‏@Fox4Natalie 34s34 seconds ago McKinney, TX
2 potential jurors of 125 say they don't feel they can judge someone else bc of religious/philosophical reasons etc @Fox4

Valerie Wigglesworth Verified account
‏@vlwigg
Jury pool sent out to get shuffled & put in a different order. They will be assigned a seat, come back and process to start. #arochitrial

Jennifer Emily ‏@byjenemily 12m12 minutes ago
Jennifer Emily Retweeted Valerie Wigglesworth
The jury shuffle is uniquely Texas. #juryduty #courts

Toby Shook ‏@toby_shook 8m8 minutes ago
@vlwigg the defense must have seen a group they didn't like

Valerie Wigglesworth ‏@vlwigg 18s18 seconds ago
Judge explaining presumption of innocence - state must prove guilt during trial; defense doesn't have to prove anything #arochitrial

Jobin Panicker ‏@jobinpnews 18s18 seconds ago
First juror candidate talks about the high publicity of case. Judge asking all jurors "If they've reached a conclusion on case" #arochitrial

Natalie Solis ‏@Fox4Natalie 2m2 minutes ago McKinney, TX
Judge asking jurors if they've reached conclusion in case based on what they've heard/read. Several say yes. One says "probably not" @FOX4

Judge going down each row asking candidates whether publicity of case has them impartial #arochitrial @wfaachannel8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77