GUILTY AZ - Donna Anthony, 53, Danielle, 14, & Richard Romero, 12, West Valley, 2001

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
Human remains found inside 55-gallon drums at a construction site are those of a 53-year-old West Valley woman and her teenage daughter, whose disappearances in the summer of 2001 eventually led to the murder conviction of the woman's husband, authorities announced Wednesday.

Maricopa County Sheriff's officials say DNA tests of the remains confirmed them to be of Donna Anthony and her 14-year-old daughter, Danielle Romero. Tests are being done to determine whether additional remains are those of the other child Richard Romero, 12.

Two of the drums were uncovered on Oct. 19 by construction workers preparing to build a retail center in the West Valley city of Buckeye. A third barrel containing more remains was discovered on Monday by sheriff's detectives using a metal detector on loan from the U.S. Air Force.
http://www.azcentral.com/12news/news/articles/1102anthony02-ON-CP.html

I'm so glad that this killer has already been convicted and has been sitting on death row. Such a sad thing that one human could do something so horrible to 3 people that he was supposed to love and protect. He must have thought that they would never be found.

There was a cold case that was broken not long ago. The man murdered several women and I remember that he put some of them in barrels and poured something on them that was supposed to destroy the bodies. It took a while but he got busted in the end. I believe there was even a little baby involved. I watched it recently on cold cases...I believe. It is amazing the length killers will go to thinking that bodies will never be found and that they will just carry on with their lives like nothing ever happened.

I'm glad that this family was found. Now the older daughter and the rest of the family can lay them to rest. Just so sad though. I wonder why these killers kill the whole family? Why would anyone want to murder children that they had raised? I'll never understand it.

Incredible luck was credited Wednesday for answers to a four-year murder mystery.

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio said human remains found in three 55-gallon drums buried in Buckeye are those of a Peoria-area woman and her two children, who vanished in July 2001.

Arpaio said the grim discovery not only resolves lingering questions about the case but brings a degree of closure to relatives of the victims.

At his 2002 trial, Vince Imbordino, a deputy Maricopa County attorney, told jurors that Anthony killed his family to cover up his sexual assault of his stepdaughter, steal his wife's money and continue his flirtations with other women.

"This ordinary man committed a very extraordinary crime," Imbordino told jurors, saying the girl's blood and Anthony's semen on a mattress were proof of the sexual assault.

In what Arpaio described as an incredible stroke of luck, two drums were discovered Oct. 18 by workers doing excavation for a Wal-Mart Supercenter. The drums were buried beneath a tree.
http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/1103anthony03.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back