1159 users online (220 members and 939 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Craigslist...OMG

Has anyone ever checked out Craigslist?????? Holy wow. Not only can you find things for free, but you can find all kinds of crazy stuff!!!!! A friend told me about it, and I was browsing through and was shocked!!!!! Let me warn any of you who go to the personal section.....it's graphic and many are sick!!!! You might find your significant others pic on there looking for a fling...LOL.....

ETA: I only went to the personals cuz my friend told me how bizarre it was......LOL

I LOVE Craigslist! I've gotten so many things from CL.... even found our house on there, and sold my car on it too.

My favorite section of all is the "Rants & Raves"

Quote Originally Posted by SimonSays
    I LOVE Craigslist! I've gotten so many things from CL.... even found our house on there, and sold my car on it too.

My favorite section of all is the "Rants & Raves"
    The Rants and Raves is hilarious!!!!!! I switch cities just to browse. I also like the free section. Amazing what many are giving away! I saw an awesome entertainment center today in my city......we didn't need it though!

Craigslist is my FAVORITE website (other than Websleuths)
    I have been using it for years, and you can get absolutely
    anything.

The Rant & Rave section is hilarious.

I have never heard of this site. I will have to check it out.

The "Best of" Category is hilarious too.... all the best listings from all cities.

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/

They had Craig on last week for a great interview. Just a really mild-mannered guy who still works there, in SF, everyday in Customer Service and is readily accessible through his email address, which is none other than craig@craigslist.org. There are some high-powered types who run the company. Craigslist is great for any number of things---I found someone to transport a bunch of gifts from the Bay Area to Portland--I had over 15 responses in about three days on that ad. Craigslist is really hot in the Bay Area, while some other areas of the country have barely heard of it. i understand it is very popular in New York City also.

I have a lot of friends who use it to buy things, occasionally one will tell me about a good posting. Haven't seen anything bizarre on it.
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Quote Originally Posted by SimonSays
    The "Best of" Category is hilarious too.... all the best listings from all cities.

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/
    oh cool....I've never seen this....I have something to read today...yippeee!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LinasK
    I have a lot of friends who use it to buy things, occasionally one will tell me about a good posting. Haven't seen anything bizarre on it.
    Just go to the main page and look on the left...the personals. That's where the bizarre stuff is, IF you're looking. LOL
    http://www.craigslist.org/

Mods, can you please move this to the Jury Room? That is where it was intended, but posted here on accident. Thanks

I read an article today, in Nassau County, cyberhookers are using this Craiglist to "solicit" services are apparently there are so many cyberhookers, that the Police Department needs hundreds of "undercover" cops to "bust" these women.

Quote Originally Posted by Sassygerl
    The Rants and Raves is hilarious!!!!!! I switch cities just to browse. I also like the free section. Amazing what many are giving away! I saw an awesome entertainment center today in my city......we didn't need it though!
    I've used craigslist to sell a few things, and it's definitely an interesting site. But, I didn't realize people were giving things away on there?? lol ... Where do you find the free stuff? Does it have its own section? One man's (or woman's) trash is another man's (or woman's) treasure, dontcha know! lol

ETA: um, DUH! lol (sorry -- it's under this link aptly named "Free"!)

2luvmy is offline RIP Ragdoll. You don't get to choose how you're going to die, or when. You can only decide how you're going to live now.
    OK.. I am lost....you can only live in or near the cities listed to benefit right? Is there a way to find other cities? Where is the free link ... I don't see it..

Quote Originally Posted by 2luvmy
    OK.. I am lost....you can only live in or near the cities listed to benefit right? Is there a way to find other cities? Where is the free link ... I don't see it..
    The navigation is a bit confusing, in that the default "start" area is San Fran ... But, the cities are over to the right, and basically you just want to find the one "closest" to you. I'm in a small town in Northern VA, and my area is under "Washington,DC" ...

The "free" listings are under the "for sale" section. Some of the stuff people are giving away is a little wierd. lol ... a used shower curtain ... one red seat cushion ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast