Craigslist...OMG

Sassygerl

Reaction score
Has anyone ever checked out Craigslist?????? Holy wow. Not only can you find things for free, but you can find all kinds of crazy stuff!!!!! A friend told me about it, and I was browsing through and was shocked!!!!! Let me warn any of you who go to the personal section.....it's graphic and many are sick!!!! You might find your significant others pic on there looking for a fling...LOL.....:eek:

ETA: I only went to the personals cuz my friend told me how bizarre it was......LOL

I LOVE Craigslist! I've gotten so many things from CL.... even found our house on there, and sold my car on it too.

My favorite section of all is the "Rants & Raves"

SimonSays said:
I LOVE Craigslist! I've gotten so many things from CL.... even found our house on there, and sold my car on it too.

My favorite section of all is the "Rants & Raves"

The Rants and Raves is hilarious!!!!!! I switch cities just to browse. I also like the free section. Amazing what many are giving away! I saw an awesome entertainment center today in my city......we didn't need it though!

Craigslist is my FAVORITE website (other than Websleuths)
I have been using it for years, and you can get absolutely
anything.

The Rant & Rave section is hilarious.

I have never heard of this site. I will have to check it out.

They had Craig on last week for a great interview. Just a really mild-mannered guy who still works there, in SF, everyday in Customer Service and is readily accessible through his email address, which is none other than craig@craigslist.org. There are some high-powered types who run the company. Craigslist is great for any number of things---I found someone to transport a bunch of gifts from the Bay Area to Portland--I had over 15 responses in about three days on that ad. Craigslist is really hot in the Bay Area, while some other areas of the country have barely heard of it. i understand it is very popular in New York City also.

I have a lot of friends who use it to buy things, occasionally one will tell me about a good posting. Haven't seen anything bizarre on it.

LinasK said:
I have a lot of friends who use it to buy things, occasionally one will tell me about a good posting. Haven't seen anything bizarre on it.

Just go to the main page and look on the left...the personals. That's where the bizarre stuff is, IF you're looking. LOL
http://www.craigslist.org/

Mods, can you please move this to the Jury Room? That is where it was intended, but posted here on accident. Thanks :)

I read an article today, in Nassau County, cyberhookers are using this Craiglist to "solicit" services are apparently there are so many cyberhookers, that the Police Department needs hundreds of "undercover" cops to "bust" these women.

Sassygerl said:
The Rants and Raves is hilarious!!!!!! I switch cities just to browse. I also like the free section. Amazing what many are giving away! I saw an awesome entertainment center today in my city......we didn't need it though!
I've used craigslist to sell a few things, and it's definitely an interesting site. But, I didn't realize people were giving things away on there?? lol ... Where do you find the free stuff? Does it have its own section? One man's (or woman's) trash is another man's (or woman's) treasure, dontcha know! ;) lol

ETA: um, DUH! lol (sorry -- it's under this link aptly named "Free"!) :D

OK.. I am lost....you can only live in or near the cities listed to benefit right? Is there a way to find other cities? Where is the free link ... I don't see it..

2luvmy said:
OK.. I am lost....you can only live in or near the cities listed to benefit right? Is there a way to find other cities? Where is the free link ... I don't see it..
The navigation is a bit confusing, in that the default "start" area is San Fran ... But, the cities are over to the right, and basically you just want to find the one "closest" to you. I'm in a small town in Northern VA, and my area is under "Washington,DC" ...

The "free" listings are under the "for sale" section. Some of the stuff people are giving away is a little wierd. lol ... a used shower curtain ... one red seat cushion ... :D

The oldest profession has happily adopted the most up-to-date technology, Nassau cops said yesterday in announcing the arrest of an alleged cyberpro.
Nassau Police said Ferdoas Ruzig Afani, 26, posted an ad for erotic services on the Web site craigslist.com and arranged to meet a customer, who was really an undercover cop, at a Marriott in Plainview. When she offered sex for cash, she was promptly arrested, police said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime_file/story/361780p-308174c.html

Heidster said:
The navigation is a bit confusing, in that the default "start" area is San Fran ... But, the cities are over to the right, and basically you just want to find the one "closest" to you. I'm in a small town in Northern VA, and my area is under "Washington,DC" ...

The "free" listings are under the "for sale" section. Some of the stuff people are giving away is a little wierd. lol ... a used shower curtain ... one red seat cushion ... :D

A great source for free items, or to give away items... is Freecycle. I'm a member of the local group, and it's wonderful!

http://www.freecycle.org/

You can use that site to find your nearest group. And.... if there's not one near you, you can start one up! :)

This is awful!!! (She made the post on Craig's List)

Mom Arrested For Offering Toddler For Sex On Web--The Martinez Police Department reports that a 22-year-old resident was arrested Tuesday for allegedly offering her four-year-old child for sex.

Police received a tip from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children regarding a posting on Craigslist that was soliciting for prostitution.

Authorities contacted Shannon Nicole Woods via the computer and learned that she had a four-year-old child and was also pregnant.

During these electronic conversations, an inquiry for sex and one regarding the child were made, police report.

More at link-- http://www.ktvu.com/news/5302937/detail.html

Buzzm1 said:
They had Craig on last week for a great interview. Just a really mild-mannered guy who still works there, in SF, everyday in Customer Service and is readily accessible through his email address, which is none other than craig@craigslist.org. There are some high-powered types who run the company. Craigslist is great for any number of things---I found someone to transport a bunch of gifts from the Bay Area to Portland--I had over 15 responses in about three days on that ad. Craigslist is really hot in the Bay Area, while some other areas of the country have barely heard of it. i understand it is very popular in New York City also.
This is too funny....I was just going to ask, who is this Craig guy anyway and how did his site get so popular? Has all of those failed .com's of the 90's probably scratching their heads? :waitasec:

Buzzm1 said:
Yea, a guy I work with got on craigslist.org and arranged for someone to bring him a shipment of Whitecastle burgers from Brooklyn. He met him in DC, and said it felt like some kind of weird crack deal, or something. lol ... He drove up and met the guy on a street corner, and they exchanged burgers for cash. LOL (apparently the frozen whitecastle burgers don't come close to the ones you get at the actual storefronts, which we don't have here in VA).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back