1345 users online (258 members and 1087 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Decided to see how the forum loads on my desktop. Not sure if it was having to same problem or not. Seems to load okay with ads galore.

It seems however there are a couple of ads on each page as I jump from page to page that don't load quickly (the little circular arrow goes round and round for minutes) but it doesn't cause the whole page not to load. Again, this is on a desktop iMac, using 10.11.6. I don't know if any of this helps.

Edit to add: the ads on the iPad are not the same as the ads of the iMac (except for the Webseluths ad)

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Hi Everyone,

Please try turning off your Adobe Flash. When I turned mine off it fixed several things at once. If you need Adobe Flash to watch a video just turn it back on.

Try turning it off and let me know if it helped at all with your problems.

Here are the instructions to turn off Adobe Flash I put together when there was a Shock Wave crash issue:

I use Chrome and tried this and the problem was immediately fixed.

Please understand I am not a technical person at all. That's why my directions for technical issues sound just like when I give directions to anyone who is lost. I don't use tech terms. I describe everything in easy to explain landmarks.

Here goes:

Type into your address bar: chrome://plugins

Then scroll until you see "Adobe Flash Player".

Make sure where it says "Adobe Flash Player" that the blue line underneath says, "Enable". This should grey out your box and disable your Adobe Flash Player. This is where the problem originates.

If the blue line below Adobe Flash says, "Disable" then click on the word Disable and "Enable" will appear.

The blue line below Adobe Flash must say "Enable".

Then close out the screen.

This took care of the whole issue for me.

This is an Adobe Flash issue and is happening everywhere.

If you are a visitor or member and have issues please email websleuthscomments@gmail.com

Dave continues to work hard to see we are doing everything possible on our end to make sure the site runs smoothly and without interruption.

Thanks,
    Tricia
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

OR

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Please try turning off your Adobe Flash. When I turned mine off it fixed several things at once. If you need Adobe Flash to watch a video just turn it back on.

Try turning it off and let me know if it helped at all with your problems.

Here are the instructions to turn off Adobe Flash I put together when there was a Shock Wave crash issue:

I use Chrome and tried this and the problem was immediately fixed.

Please understand I am not a technical person at all. That's why my directions for technical issues sound just like when I give directions to anyone who is lost. I don't use tech terms. I describe everything in easy to explain landmarks.

Here goes:

Type into your address bar: chrome://plugins

Then scroll until you see "Adobe Flash Player".

Make sure where it says "Adobe Flash Player" that the blue line underneath says, "Enable". This should grey out your box and disable your Adobe Flash Player. This is where the problem originates.

If the blue line below Adobe Flash says, "Disable" then click on the word Disable and "Enable" will appear.

The blue line below Adobe Flash must say "Enable".

Then close out the screen.

This took care of the whole issue for me.

This is an Adobe Flash issue and is happening everywhere.

If you are a visitor or member and have issues please email websleuthscomments@gmail.com

Dave continues to work hard to see we are doing everything possible on our end to make sure the site runs smoothly and without interruption.

Thanks,
    Tricia
    The problem is not with Flash it's with your ad script that is causing Flash to crash. Tell your developer to look at the console when viewing the website in Chrome. The ad script is going crazy and sending tons of requests over and over.

Same thing happens in Firefox.

I think the website wide problem is with the RumbleTalk. I have noticed it now a few times, when RumbleTalk is running, the site gets weird, slows down and finally just quits. It doesn't seem to matter if one is 'in' or 'out' of the chat. I looked at the RumbleTalk website, and see there are many options to choose from as to how it runs with the site so I would start narrowing it down from there.

I don't think the recent slowdown specifically has anything to do with choice of browser, or Flash, or device, or anything else. I do wonder if the last time I experienced website problems was when the RumbleTalk was first being installed?

Quote Originally Posted by i.b.nora View Post
    I think the website wide problem is with the RumbleTalk. I have noticed it now a few times, when RumbleTalk is running, the site gets weird, slows down and finally just quits. It doesn't seem to matter if one is 'in' or 'out' of the chat. I looked at the RumbleTalk website, and see there are many options to choose from as to how it runs with the site so I would start narrowing it down from there.

I don't think the recent slowdown specifically has anything to do with choice of browser, or Flash, or device, or anything else. I do wonder if the last time I experienced website problems was when the RumbleTalk was first being installed?
    Where are you even seeing RumbleTalk on this website? This is the first I have ever heard of RumbleTalk being on Websleuths.

I'm having problems with the reply with quote feature and sometimes just the quick reply feature. The spacebar won't create spaces between letters. It isn't my computer since it also happens on other computers too. Fairly recent, about a week ago.

Ugh still doing it and I can't reply to PMs. I need to create a new PM. Spacebar not working. allwordswilllooklikethisthankyouverymuch

Been having same issue but figured out it only happens when below the quoted post

Quote Originally Posted by matou View Post
    Ugh still doing it and I can't reply to PMs. I need to create a new PM. Spacebar not working. allwordswilllooklikethisthankyouverymuch
    Beenhavingsameissuebutfiguredoutitonlyhappenswhenb elowethequotedpostwillpostthesamesentenceabovetoil lustrate
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Weird. I always quote below the quoted post, it seems standard.

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Thanks for letting us know.

Again, so sorry you are having these problems.

If you continue to have these problems today don't post here but please post on this thread:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-CAPS-Problems

Thank you.

We are looking into and I will be back as soon as I have information.

Tricia
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

OR

I am having a problem where the page reloads to the ads at the bottom continually, causing the page to jump back to the ads. I don't have Flash or any other program running. I am using Safari. I have updated and done all the things that Safari has said to try. Thoughts?
    Last edited by kaen; 12-01-2016 at 09:36 AM.

This drives me crazy too. It pegs my processors and takes them up to 30% (which rarely happens). It can freeze chrome. If I turn off networking, it goes away. It kind of reminds me of the days when hackers tried to overload a browser to exploit security holes. That was 17 years ago. I'm sure those issues have been fixed. It does, however, cause some anxiety when it happens.

Since this is connected to internet access, this is a simple case of some script going crazy and wanting to access some site over and over again. If I want to post a comment and it's occurring, I turn off networking, write my comment and then turn networking back on again to post the comment.

Quote Originally Posted by kaen View Post
    I am having a problem where the page reloads to the ads at the bottom continually, causing the page to jump back to the ads. I don't have Flash or any other program running. I am using Safari. I have updated and done all the things that Safari has said to try. Thoughts?
    I'm having the same problem with Chrome. The page keeps jumping to the ads whether they're at the bottom or top of the page.
    Who was Walker County Jane Doe?

John Doe - February 9, 1968 - Facebook Page, Websleuths Thread
    John Doe - October 31, 1967 - Facebook Page, Websleuths Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jake479 View Post
    I'm having the same problem with Chrome. The page keeps jumping to the ads whether they're at the bottom or top of the page.
    I am using a chromebook and having same issues in the last 2 days with page scrolling to bottom of page every time I try to scroll back.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast