856 users online (116 members and 740 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thief steals teen girl's artificial leg

A thief walked off with 16-year-old Melissa Huff's prosthetic leg, sidelining the high school softball player from the game she loves.

Such a leg costs about $5,000 to $7,000, said Huff's father, David, but can't really be used by anyone else because it was custom made.

"It's not something you can just sell on the street. Something like that, it's just cruel," Los Angeles County sheriff's Sgt. Tim Phillips said of the theft.

The leg was taken sometime Tuesday afternoon by a thief who cut a hole in a window screen, entered Huff's home in this suburb about 12 miles east of Los Angeles and also took video games, about $1,500 in school fundraising scrip and other items.

The stolen limb is a special shock-absorbent "sports leg" with a flexible foot that allows Huff to play softball. She has other prosthetic legs, including the one she was wearing the day of the burglary.

The Arcadia High School sophomore's right leg had to be amputated two years ago after she was struck by a car.

Story

How RUDE!

Sounds like a teenage theif to me

How cruel!

Hopefully this POS thief will realize he can't sell it, and return it to this poor thing..

Bad enough that he broke into her home, but to steal her leg......OMGosh

JMHO
    fran

Girl's prosthetic leg stolen for second time

Can you believe this???

For the second time in recent months, somebody broke into a 16-year-old girl's home and stole her prosthetic leg -- including one that had been donated following the first crime, authorities said.

The thieves took a $12,000 cosmetic leg and a donated $16,000 leg that MelissHuff uses to play softball, her mother, Lisa Huff, said. She said a camera in the room was untouched.

"It's insane. Who hates her that bad?" Lisa Huff said. "I went back to the girls' room and the room was trashed. Mostly Melissa's stuff." In the first theft, on Nov. 1, someone cut a hole in a window screen and also took video games and other items, authorities said. Her doctor and two real estate finance companies donated money for a new, shock-absorbent "sports leg" with a flexible foot.

Rest of the story here:
    http://www.courttv.com/news/2006/0215/leg_ap.html

For some reason,something is not right with this story.

This is insane, why does everyone want her leg?

Hopefully if they find the leg it will be put to good use...Like using it to kick the thiefs a$$ till he is in a lifelong coma.
    http://proadvocate.proboards74.com/index.cgi death penalty supporters only

I think her mother is right, "who hates her that bad"?

Sounds like someone hates her. Either it's over a boyfriend, or jealousy on her sports team, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by proadvocate
    Hopefully if they find the leg it will be put to good use...Like using it to kick the thiefs a$$ till he is in a lifelong coma.
    LOL....

I have the strongest feeling this is a girl, or a girl's mother who has done this.

This is the kind of crap that competing girls do. And their mothers.

Quote Originally Posted by KatherineQ
    I have the strongest feeling this is a girl, or a girl's mother who has done this.

This is the kind of crap that competing girls do. And their mothers.
    I agree. That or a totally different person thought it would be funny to do it since it had already been done. Poor thing!
    LOCK your window!!!

That is what I said a few posts ago,something does not sound right.

Both legs have been returned. Mom had parked her car at the high school and left it unlocked, when she returned, the legs were in it. Marked with graffiti. http://www.local6.com/news/7645804/detail.html
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Talking

Originally Posted by proadvocate
    lmao!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast