OK - Duncan Mom, daughter charged with incest after getting married in Oklahoma

GeeEm

Reaction score
September 7, 2016

Mom, daughter charged with incest after getting married in Oklahoma

A woman and her daughter are facing incest charges after authorities learned the pair were legally married in Oklahoma this year, and that the mother had married her son a few years earlier.

The motivation behind the March marriage was unclear Wednesday, when 43-year-old Patricia Ann Spann and her daughter, 25-year-old Misty Velvet Dawn Spann, made initial appearances in Stephens County district court.

Under Oklahoma law, marrying a close relative is considered incest whether or not a sexual relationship exists.

Neither woman had an attorney listed in court documents. No publicly listed phone number could be found for their home in Duncan, about 80 miles southwest of Oklahoma City.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/09/0...incest-after-getting-married-in-oklahoma.html

September 7, 2016

Mom, daughter charged with incest after getting married in Oklahoma

A woman and her daughter are facing incest charges after authorities learned the pair were legally married in Oklahoma this year, and that the mother had married her son a few years earlier.

The motivation behind the March marriage was unclear Wednesday, when 43-year-old Patricia Ann Spann and her daughter, 25-year-old Misty Velvet Dawn Spann, made initial appearances in Stephens County district court.

Under Oklahoma law, marrying a close relative is considered incest whether or not a sexual relationship exists.

Neither woman had an attorney listed in court documents. No publicly listed phone number could be found for their home in Duncan, about 80 miles southwest of Oklahoma City.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/09/0...incest-after-getting-married-in-oklahoma.html
Wtf

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

I just want to point out another quote from the above article:

"She said she thought a marriage was OK because her name wasn't on her daughter's birth certificate, the affidavit states."

I'm speechless.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

September 7, 2016
6:30 PM

Mother, daughter accused of incestuous marriage

57d07f3b03fd7.image.jpg

57d07f78a151f.image.jpg

Judge Ken Graham entered a plea of not guilty for daughter Misty Velvet Dawn Spann, 25, and mother Patricia Ann Spann, also known as Patricia Ann Clayton, 42, who married in Comanche County March 25, 2016, according to court documents.

Felony incest is punishable with up to 10 years imprisonment.

According to court documents, Department of Human Services Child Welfare Division gave a referral to the Duncan Police Department regarding incestuous relations between two family members at a household after DHS representatives visited on a child welfare investigation.

While at the residence, DHS workers “uncovered information that led (the worker) to believe there was an incestuous relationship occurring between one Patricia Ann Spann and one Misty Velvet Dawn Spann,” reports state.

According to the DHS referral, an interview with Patricia Spann indicated she is the biological mother of Misty Spann and two others living inside the residence. Documents state Patricia Spann told the worker she had lost custody of the three children previously, each of whom were adopted by their grandmother.

<SNIP>

Records searched by DPD found Misty Spann and Patricia Spann had in fact married in Comanche County March 25, 2016, but records indicated Patricia Spann had also previously married another one of her children in 2008 and the marriage had been annulled in 2010 because of incest.

http://www.duncanbanner.com/news/mo...cle_588f321e-753d-11e6-92d9-23bf54e2fff1.html

I just want to point out another quote from the above article:

"She said she thought a marriage was OK because her name wasn't on her daughter's birth certificate, the affidavit states."

I'm speechless.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
Or they hit it off immediately..

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

She had married her son previously

I can't even...
Yeah. Aren't there any checks done before people are allowed to be married to avoid this?
(I'm in the UK, we certainly check this stuff out first)

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

Facebook, surprisingly normal: https://www.facebook.com/misty.spann.54

The headline alone makes me want to throw up lol.

Looks like she calls her grandmother mom. I guess she maybe she never considered her bio mom her mother? She's clearly a lesbian, so my theory of maybe this was just some sort of monetary swindle going on (???? no clue what that would be...) is probably not accurate.

WTF is up with Patricia marrying her son AND her daughter! And whose babies are those? Are they Misty's? Who is the daddy? Hopefully not the brother!

Just when you think you've heard it all!

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

There are some definite mental health issues here and probably drug abuse on top, looking at mom. Misty looks and Facebooks like she is 15, when she is in her mid 20s. The marriage is probably a combination of things - ignorance of law, financial fraud, and an attempt by Patricia to be reattached to her gay daughter who she hasn't really been allowed to raise. I can't piece together who the little girls belong to but I think they may be nieces. It creeps me out to see all those pics of the two of them with the little girl. The mom needs jail. Misty needs metal health assistance IMO.

OK, now imho, mom belongs in a mental hospital stat. Not county jail. The daughter and other kids need severe intervention. I mean isn't it obvious how sick this woman is???

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Looks like she calls her grandmother mom. I guess she maybe she never considered her bio mom her mother? She's clearly a lesbian, so my theory of maybe this was just some sort of monetary swindle going on (???? no clue what that would be...) is probably not accurate.

WTF is up with Patricia marrying her son AND her daughter! And whose babies are those? Are they Misty's? Who is the daddy? Hopefully not the brother!
On the comments on one of the cover photos Misty states "her name is Sarah the baby is mine and hers" but a previous comment by someone else says it is her great grandson... hmm!

https://m.facebook.com/OKLAHOMAANGEL9172?pn_ref=ec_friends_card ?the mom's Facebook
Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

what a hot mess! remember that mother who married her son that was adopted out years before, he found her at 18 and they hooked up???? GAG! what a mess

Sep 9 2016, 9:57 am ET

Mom, Daughter Charged With Incest After Marrying in Oklahoma

by Associated Press

DUNCAN, Okla. — A woman and her daughter are facing incest charges after authorities learned the pair were legally married in Oklahoma this year, and that the mother had married her son a few years earlier.

The motivation behind the March marriage was unclear Wednesday, when 43-year-old Patricia Ann Spann and her daughter, 25-year-old Misty Velvet Dawn Spann, made initial appearances in Stephens County district court. Under Oklahoma law, marrying a close relative is considered incest whether or not a sexual relationship exists.

Neither woman had an attorney listed in court documents. No publicly listed phone number could be found for their home in Duncan, about 80 miles southwest of Oklahoma City...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/mom-daughter-charged-incest-after-marrying-oklahoma-n645386

She married her son in 2008, he filed for annulment a year later.
She also lost custody of three of her children, they were adopted by their paternal grandmother. They were lucky. Hopefully they got a chance at normal life.

Politicians cannot legislate against mental instability. :silly:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back