739 users online (128 members and 611 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Man sues Home Depot for being glued to toilet

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/11/03/to....ap/index.html

Glued to toilet, man sues Home Depot

DENVER, Colorado (AP) -- Home Depot is defending a lawsuit filed by a man who claims one of the chain's stores ignored his cries for help after he fell victim to a prank and was glued to a toilet seat.

Bob Dougherty, 57, of nearby Nederland, said he became stuck to a bathroom toilet seat last year after somebody smeared glue on it.

fran.................sorry, can't help it!

Omg!

Bahahahahahaha...Bahahahahaha

I know this guy!!!!!!

He's the type who would sue for anything, too.

This guy was left for a whole 15 minutes, sheesh.......

Of course he is hoping that Home Depot settles out of court. I hope they don't

Well, if I were on this jury, I would think this was just a frivilous lawsuit. I would need proof that this could happen!

Demonstration, please!!!!!!!!

fran

I hope I don't really need this but.........

PS, Just kidding!..........on the demonstration part. Frivilous, yesssssssss

Wow guys- IMO you are being harsh. The guy was recovering from open heart. It would be one thing if noone had heard his cries. They purposefully declined to investigate to confirm if it was a hoax. That is BS. That is what store mgmt is there for. How hard is it to stick your head in the restroom and see what is going on? I am in retail and I can tell you that many areas have panic buttons for this purpose. What if a woman was crying for help because she was being raped in a public restroom, and was ignored cuz folks assumed it was a joke. How would you like to get your ass glued to a toilet seat. I know at first glance this sounds funny, but I doubt any of you would be laughing and letting the store mgmt off the hook.

I wonder if the store's surveillance cameras picked up the traffic, in, and out, of the restrooms. If so, it wouldn't take very long to determine if this was a hoax, or not. If it can't be proven to be the guy's own doing, it would seem that he will be able to pick up some easy money, very quickly. Home Depot would not want their name associated with a suit over this, as it would certainly be bad publicity.

Schmerty_Jones is offline ________________ Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there!
    Did he come away with some of the powerful glue .???...OR did he leave behind some skin??????????? DNA solves everything

I thought he had sat down on one of the toilets on display in the store to take a rest. If this happened to me I'd be so embarassed.

Happiness...consists in giving, and in serving others.
    - Henry Drummond

He had to leave Home Depot with the dang seat still blued to his butt. And he passed out on the way to the ambulance. I too, would be mortified.

Schmerty_Jones is offline ________________ Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there!
    Quote Originally Posted by lcookster
    He had to leave Home Depot with the dang seat still blued to his butt. And he passed out on the way to the ambulance. I too, would be mortified.
    How did he get the seat off the toilet?? Did they unbolt the whole toilet. ?? OH NO!!!! This is NOT funny did he have to drip & dry????? I think I probably would have died of embarassment. SUE 'EM!

I don't think that this is funny. I'd be suing the heck out of
    'HD too if this happened to me. How utterly embarrassing and painful for this man to have to go through this all at the hands of joksters. Unforgiveable in my books.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmerty_Jones
    How did he get the seat off the toilet?? Did they unbolt the whole toilet. ?? OH NO!!!! This is NOT funny did he have to drip & dry????? I think I probably would have died of embarassment. SUE 'EM!
    I just saw this man on TV today and I felt so sorry for him, he said that they had to unbolt the toilet seat to get him out to the ambulance. They said he's suing for 3 million dollars and that Home Depot would not settle out of court, that they are going to go to court, they dont want to pay the 3 million.
    Caylee Marie Anthony 2005-2008
    Ethan Stacy 2005-2010
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I could see that happening to a guy, not to a woman. I never sit on toilet seat that's not in my own house. If there's no paper covers, I use toilet tissue on the seat as do many women in public restrooms. I do feel sorry for the guy if someone else put the glue there! But who's to say he didn't put the glue there himself? Some con artists can be very convincing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast