1083 users online (221 members and 862 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50
    Quote Originally Posted by oswald111069 View Post
    I was wondering about this also. Its seems like Danny Heinrich was calling the shots. What kind of power does this guy have?
    I remember reading that when he was being interviewed the first time that when he got lawyered up they dropped the investigation into his involvement right away. Its seems like they were dragging their feet in looking into him from beginning for some reason. Did they know that he was not guilty or does he know something that is better left hidden?
    Heinrich had the power because of the lack of evidence and he knew it. With Jacob, he took a huge gamble and the unfortunate truth was that there was little to pin on him. I think the police work was not up to par with major metropolitan force capabilities at the time. If he had done this today, the crime scene, warrants for his car and everything else would have been much more about the dna, the timeline, and his day-to-day life.

Heinrich had the power about the plea as well and he knew it. The chances of Jacob ever being found were very low. I am sure that he knew that. Besides pedophilia, it is hard to know the other psychological problems he has. He was aware enough of his power to play the position well given the LEO he was facing.

Respectfully snipped for brevity

Quote Originally Posted by Kojak81 View Post
    in a case like this, could the Wetterlings halt the release of the whole investigative file due to the privacy concerns that they have pertaining to a portion of the documents, and the same scenario being played out in another case file being closed and its information being sealed because of that precedence.
    To me that precedent could circumnavigate freedom of information as it could be used at the whim of the court in concert with the DA or LE Agency. Should be rewritten to redact the sensitive information and release the rest.
    Unless otherwise noted, my posts are opinions or theories only and may not be used outside of WS unless permission is requested in advance.
    Any general subject matter photographs posted by me are solely to give other WS members an "on the ground" frame of reference of satellite views and are visible to anyone from public roads and access points. They may not be used outside of WS unless permission is requested in advance

Please help find Lauren Jackson Missing since 1988 Spring City PA

Pennsylvania Missing Persons Cases:
    Lauren Jackson, Amanda DeGuio, Ray Gricar, Kortne Stouffer, Jamie Metzger, Toni Sharpless, Anna Maciejewska

Quote Originally Posted by Trackergd View Post
    Respectfully snipped for brevity

To me that precedent could circumnavigate freedom of information as it could be used at the whim of the court in concert with the DA or LE Agency. Should be rewritten to redact the sensitive information and release the rest.
    But all information could be considered sensitive to someone and then we would have nothing being released. Are we to trust the authorites and take their word and not demand to look at the records in this case? We should not second guess them. They did everything possible to find Jacob and Danny just was to smart for them and committed the perfect murder? What is Danny's IQ anyway? Should be pretty high to get away for 27 years. They just quit watching him for all these years after they first suspected him in these crimes? Doesn't make sense.

But all information could be considered sensitive to someone and then we would have nothing being released.
    That is definitely a tricky swamp to wade into. What would the parameters be for what is condsidered sensitive and what is not, and who will decide those parameters?

How much longer is it going to take to have this judge decide? Moving kinda slow I think. Lets get a move on please. It's starting to look like the Dallas police department in 1963. Will we get to know if their was a police car or sheriff's car in the vincinity of the are where Danny said it spooked him which causes him to panic and shoot Jacob?
    Last edited by oswald111069; 08-16-2017 at 01:05 PM.

Will we get to know if their was a police car or sheriff's car in the vincinity of the are where Danny said it spooked him which causes him to panic and shoot Jacob?
    I don't think there is any way to know that, and if there is it likely won't be in the case files. We only learned those details in September. You'd have to find out who was on duty that night for the Paynesville PD (or any other LE agency that could have possibly been right outside of Paynesville) and then see if they remember driving down 33 or 23 (he didn't exactly identify where he saw the police car in court, but perhaps he did in his lengthier confession to LE prior to that --- from where the assault and murder took place it could have been either of those streets) with lights and/or sirens on. That's a tall task even for those with a sharp memory, and even if all who knows if those individuals are even still alive. There are just a million things that his court testimony does not cover in order to have a completely accurate picture (assuming he was even telling the truth of course), that I hope were covered in his intial confession.

I just hope the records in this case are released soon.
    I think the law says the judge gets 30 days to decide and it is way beyond that I think the time started on June 30, 2017 and it is now August 17. 2017. Just consider the Weterling family information private then and release the rest. But by taking this long to decide I am thinking that they are trying to decide how they are going to break the bad news to the public that they are going to make all the information private for this case only as this is a special case and the release of ANY information would only cause embarrassment and harm to all the people concerned.( The person who they said was a POI and now isn't just makes it all the more special. Nothing like this has happened before). For me it will only bring up memories of the Warren Commission all over again. I don't think I will be able to take it. I did go through that once and do not want to go through that again.

http://www.house.leg.state.mn.us/hrd/pubs/dataprac.pdf

It seems like the data can be private for 30 years Perhaps they automatically get another two years?

And it seems like the act covers the metro area but now outside? Too confusing to me.

The interevention of several media organizations is what's holding it up, not an attempt to figure out how to announce something to the public. There was a hearing this past Friday. Lawyers for both sides have until August 25th to file additional briefs, after which the judge with then make a decision.

Judge delays decision on releasing full Jacob Wetterling case file

http://www.twincities.com/2017/08/11...ing-case-file/

I feel that this is, sadly, not going to go the Wetterling's way, and that all they will have done by bringing this to court is to shine a spotlight on it so that even more people will now be interested in reading these files simply for the personal information they sought to restrict. I suppose I would have done the same if I were them though.

Sounds like this part is to see if some groups can join the suit.

Hard to believe that today in the one year anniversary of Jacob being found (although we didn't know until the 3rd). It seems like just yesterday to me. Not a single day has gone by this year without me thinking of him at some point, and after 365 days my brain still is unable to process how somebody could look at that poor innocent boy, who just an hour and a half earlier was enjoying a happy go lucky life, and pull the trigger of a gun. It's utterly and completely incomprehensible, and I suppose it always will be. I will be keeping my porch light on tonight and sending many positive thoughts to the Wetterlings today.

Here is an article from yesterday which sums up the events of the past year.

After a 'long and grueling year,' Wetterlings reflect, look forward

http://www.sctimes.com/story/news/lo...ard/609677001/

40 more days and I will be exonerated but given the powers that be I am not really going to get my hopes up as I have said before I am a cynic when it come to this world. The law is the law but it always seems to mean nothing to the authorities who are in charge of the records. But I do believe what the Bible declares: “For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad.” Luke 8:17.
    I just hope this case does not end up like mine.

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50