GUILTY WI - Christina Ross, 20, found strangled, Neenah, 13 Nov 2004

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
A Neenah man who plead no contest to murder by strangulation now claims the 2004 death was caused accidentally while engaging in a dangerous form of sexual activity.

Thomas J. Blake, 21, filed a motion for withdrawal of his no contest plea Wednesday on a charge of first-degree intentional homicide in the death of 20-year-old Christina Ross of Menasha.

Blake was scheduled for sentencing last month, but instead asked for new representation within weeks of the hearing.

Defense lawyer Len Kachinsky in the Wednesday motion argued that Blake wasn’t adequately advised of a possible defense, and the possibility of conviction on a lesser charge.

Evidence recovered from the crime scene included a handwritten journal attributed to Blake in which homicide was discussed, according to a search warrant affidavit.

“My thirst for killing won’t go away,” he wrote. “I know someday they will use this against me.”
http://www.wisinfo.com/northwestern/news/local/stories/local_23231195.shtml

From November 2008:

https://www.wicourts.gov/ca/opinion/DisplayDocument.html?content=html&seqNo=34510

Thomas J. Blake appeals a judgment convicting him, upon a plea of no contest, of first-degree intentional homicide...

Blake related that he invited Christina Ross to his apartment, sexual contact ensued and Ross agreed to do “something kinky.” Blake handcuffed her, turned her face down, lay on top of her and wound an extension cord four times around her neck. As Ross struggled for about ten minutes, Blake tightened the cord and covered her mouth when she tried to scream. Blake held the cord around her neck for another half hour to make sure she was dead. Blake then told a friend who was in another room that he “just killed Christina”...

After hearing the victim impact statements and considering the recommendations of the presentence investigation report, the State and the defense, the court sentenced Blake to life in prison without the possibility of extended supervision.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back