1609 users online (354 members and 1255 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SC - Brittany Winburn, 19, Aiken, 24 Aug 2016

Missing Aiken Woman Was Last Seen with Violent Ex-Boyfriend

Authorities have launched a public search for a missing Aiken woman last seen with her estranged boyfriend, a man described as an armed and dangerous criminal with a $500 reward on his head for missing court.
    Brittany Nichole Winburn, 19, was actually reported missing on Aug. 24 by family members who said she had not been seen for three weeks from her home on Crawford Avenue, according to a press release issued Friday.
    http://www.26nbc.com/content/news/In...392923361.html

http://augustacrime.com/missing-aike...-ex-boyfriend/
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Quote Originally Posted by los2188 View Post
    Yikes!!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by los2188 View Post
    Scary! Aiken has grown in the past 10 yrs, but most everything around it is nothing but rural. ..I hope they find her quickly!

Wow what a bad group to get mixed up in :/ From FB it looks like she may have gone to high school with members of this dirtbag's family and somehow got into a relationship with him. I haven't been able to nail down any solid gang connections yet but a few of them have tattoos that suggest it. The media calling him "estranged" makes me think they had broken up or she hadn't associated with him for a time - that could explain why she was no longer posting selfies of them on FB 1 and then created FB 2 which has no Vargases on her friends list.. I also wonder if she was a witness or victim of one of his crimes or if he just came for her because he is a violent and creepy MF that needed to use her for cash/car/leverage? I think this could be her:

Two months ago, Vargas went on trial in the 2015 attempted rape of a 19-year-old Jackson woman, but he failed to appear in court. The judge issued an active bench warrant on him.
    According to a sheriff’s report, the unidentified teenager was found in the roadway needing help on Windsor Road at 7:30 in the morning. The victim told authorities that Vargas pulled a knife on her and threatened to rape her.
    http://augustacrime.com/missing-aike...-ex-boyfriend/

This makes me fear the most that Brit is no longer alive. Also see comments on this post https://www.facebook.com/aikenstanda...54407313372667

I wonder how long it took them to piece together that he abducted her? Is her car missing? Does she have a car? Was she living alone or with her family? This article gives a little more info: http://www.wfxg.com/story/33060271/m...nged-boyfriend

How was she seen, what was she wearing, what was her demeanor? I hope they watch his family closely - one of them knows where he is or will find out when he contacts them.

She's probably in Mexico with him - he's clearly a hardcore gang member.
    I'm so afraid that no one will believe me until after I have taken the seat that I fear has been saved for me in the darkness.

I just saw this this morning: http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/330602...nged-boyfriend

I have a bad feeling

20-year-old Aiken County woman still missing, boyfriend considered armed and dangerous

20-year-old Brittany Nichole Winburn has been missing for more than a month.
    She is believed to be with her estranged boyfriend, Julio Ocampos Vargas, who is considered to be armed and dangerous.
    The Aiken County Sheriff’s Office has put Vargas on its most wanted list for kidnapping, among other things.
    http://wjbf.com/2016/09/12/20-year-o...and-dangerous/
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Thanks so much los2188 for all you do here. It does not go unnoticed.
    All posts are my opinion only unless supported by a link
    Keep calm and carry on
    "Your out of your tree" "It's not my tree"

I hope she is found safe. According to her FB, today is her birthday.

did they get along all the time or where they always fighting??

Quote Originally Posted by jacobd83 View Post
    did they get along all the time or where they always fighting??
    We can speculate based on social media and what her friends say, that it was one of those relationships where they were sweet on each other for periods, and then there was violence and abuse. It seemed to end when he attempted to rape and stab her and she got the restraining order. I haven't gathered whether they had seen each other recently before she disappeared - it would help to determine how willingly she may have left with him. My gut says she was forcefully abducted.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast