1110 users online (221 members and 889 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Christian Boone ‏@ReporterJCB 21m21 minutes ago
    Jurors still pleading hardship -- may be tomorrow before questioning of jurors begins

Christian Boone ‏@ReporterJCB 11m11 minutes ago Brunswick, GA
    Tedium + repetition = jury selection

#RossHarris trial sked: 2 wks jury selection, off last week of Sept. Openings Oct. 3

Opening statements could come next week if jury selected quickly

Quote Originally Posted by eileenhawkeye View Post
    25/250 = 10% asking to be dismissed because of hardships
    I am going to go out on a limb here. The high number of hardship requests indicates that the jurors are familiar with this case. They don't want their lives on hold for several months. Given their knowledge of the case, Ross is not going to be any more sympathetic in Glynn County than he was in Cobb County. I sense that jury selection is going to be very reminiscent of the first round.
    Last edited by GA_Peach; 09-12-2016 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl View Post
    Staley Clark has set aside two weeks for jury selection and is then expected to take a week off. Opening statements and testimony are scheduled to begin Oct. 3. The trial is expected to last up to six weeks.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/h...me-in-b/nsWqF/

Harris stands accused of both malice murder, which gives jurors the option of finding he intentionally left Cooper in his hot car, and felony murder, which would allow jurors to find Harris guilty of criminal negligence.

Separately, Harris is also being tried for engaging in sexually explicit chats with underage girls. He faces two counts of sexual exploitation of a minor and six counts of disseminating harmful material to a minor.

I thought Staley ruled against the defense's request to sever the charges relating to minors? IIRC, those charges will be brought into (and used against him) during this trial.

Christian Boone ‏@ReporterJCB 2m2 minutes ago

Potential juror pleading has trip planned to Dollywood in mid-October, begs off #RossHarris trial

Break, then more jurors, then ...motions.

Quote Originally Posted by Hope4More View Post
    I thought Staley ruled against the defense's request to sever the charges relating to minors? IIRC, those charges will be brought into (and used against him) during this trial.
    She did. I am not sure why the AJC used "separately."

Quote Originally Posted by GA_Peach View Post
    I am going to go out on a limb here. The high number of hardship requests indicates that the jurors are familiar with this case. They don't want their lives on hold for several months. Given their knowledge of the case, Ross is not going to any more any more sympathetic in Glynn County than he was in Cobb County. I sense that jury selection is going to be very reminiscent of the first round.

Don't know.....I think the average person anywhere would try to avoid jury duty they know will take up months, time few if any of us have to spare.

The good news for Harris, IMO, is that there has been less media saturation here, the bad news is an even more conservative jury pool and the fact that his unlikeability transcends the change in venue.

On Wild's page for livestream. Surprised Harris's face still looks so babyish, for lack of a better term.

Questions about media exposure to be incorporated into standard voir dire rather asked seperately. Motions are for and against reconsideration of a prior ruling

Staley is about to read the bill of indictment to all 3 panels of potential jurors.

Listening to the charges about minors. Still believe the defense has good grounds for appeal that the charges weren't severed.

Hands up on panel one for having already formed and expressed an opinion about guilt or innocence.

4 on panel 2 say yes...more do on panel 3 (at least 6), missed panel one.

On the question of having prejudice against the defendant - zero jurors say they do.
    Last edited by Hope4More; 09-12-2016 at 04:10 PM.

Have you heard or read about this case?

Panel 1. 10 yes
    Panel 2. 8 yes.
    Panel 3. 9 yes

Quote Originally Posted by Hope4More View Post
    Have you heard or read about this case?

Panel 1. 10 yes
    Panel 2. 8 yes.
    Panel 3. 9 yes
    Do you know how many people are on each panel?

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast