1141 users online (217 members and 924 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 183
  1. #31
    Older juror pool= jurors with grandchildren= jurors I bet the DT doesn't want seated, all things being equal.

  2. #32
    Number on each panel? Don't know, sorry. I'd guess the standard, anywhere between 12-15, maybe closer to 12 by the grim look on the faces of defense counsel.

    Eta.. will know when Staley finishes up asking individual jurors about children, grandchildren, what part of the county they're from. She's on juror #17 now.
    Last edited by Hope4More; 09-12-2016 at 04:28 PM.

  3. #33
    On juror 31. Lots of grandparents.....

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    WestCoast, MI
    Posts
    1,871
    In this post from Christian Boone, he says each group has 36.

    Christian Boone ‏@ReporterJCB 3h3 hours ago
    Per Cobb courts spokesman,RossHarris jurors will be questioned in groups of 36, not individually

  5. #35
    36 jurors, 27 of whom have read or seen coverage.

    (The 36 were divided into 3 panels of 12).

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    WestCoast, MI
    Posts
    1,871
    Christian Boone ‏@ReporterJCB 2m2 minutes ago Brunswick, GA

    27 of 36 prospective jurors called for #RossHarris trial say they've heard about case. 19 have formed opinions

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by byo View Post
    Christian Boone ‏@ReporterJCB 2m2 minutes ago Brunswick, GA

    27 of 36 prospective jurors called for #RossHarris trial say they've heard about case. 19 have formed opinions

    If I were the DT I'd be concerned that 19 say they have read or heard about the case and have already formed an opinion on guilt or innocence, yet none of those 19 say they feel any prejudice towards the defendant.

    Difficult to believe that's true, IMO.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    3,595
    Want to get out of jury duty? Say you read Websleuths.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I always wondered why somebody doesn't do something about that. Then I realized I was somebody.

    Lily Tomlin

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,411
    Can the defense ask for a change in locations again since so many heard about the accused? And would the Judge go along with it?

  10. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by MsJosie View Post
    Can the defense ask for a change in locations again since so many heard about the accused? And would the Judge go along with it?

    The defense can ask, theoretically, but won't, not least because there is no chance whatsoever Staley would grant another change in venue.

    27 out of 36 jurors knowing about the case says a change in venue didn't change the fact knowledge of the case extends beyond Cobb County, but jurors simply knowing about the case isn't an insurmountable problem.

    19 out of 36 jurors with formed opinions of guilt versus innocence, if reflective of the balance on other panels, leaves a large enough pool of unbiased jurors to select from, at least theoretically, even if all 19 are excluded.
    Last edited by Hope4More; 09-12-2016 at 05:48 PM.


  11. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    WestCoast, MI
    Posts
    1,871
    Christian Boone ‏@ReporterJCB 15m15 minutes ago

    Majority of jurors familiar with #RossHarris case, even 300 miles away

    http://www.ajc.com/news/news/breakin...-hot-ca/nsW8K/

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    809
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope4More View Post
    If I were the DT I'd be concerned that 19 say they have read or heard about the case and have already formed an opinion on guilt or innocence, yet none of those 19 say they feel any prejudice towards the defendant.

    Difficult to believe that's true, IMO.
    This is how Cobb County jury selection started as well. It wasn't until the interviews started that the inconsistencies became apparent.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    5,273
    Hey, thanks for reporting for us, byo and Hope4More!

    I'm afraid the trial may need to be moved to someplace a bit farther, like New Zealand or maybe Madagascar, lol! Joking aside I believe both prosecution and defense will make it work. We all knew it wasn't going to be much easier in Brunswick but I'm confident they'll find enough impartial jurors to proceed. Hopefully. I guess.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Wolfscratch Wilderness/North GA
    Posts
    8,820
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMarple View Post
    Hey, thanks for reporting for us, byo and Hope4More!

    I'm afraid the trial may need to be moved to someplace a bit farther, like New Zealand or maybe Madagascar, lol! Joking aside I believe both prosecution and defense will make it work. We all knew it wasn't going to be much easier in Brunswick but I'm confident they'll find enough impartial jurors to proceed. Hopefully. I guess.
    I'd like to think so too, MsMarple, but the Justice System, like many law enforcement agencies are living in the past and has yet to realize that we are now living in the communication era. Changes of venue no longer serve their purpose, as they did even a decade ago due to 24/7 cable news, internet & social media, crime sleuthing forums, etc. Times, they are a-changin...jmo

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    WestCoast, MI
    Posts
    1,871
    Claire Simms ‏@Claire_FOX5 3m3 minutes ago
    Happening now: jury selection resumes in #RossHarris trial in Glynn County.

    Claire Simms ‏@Claire_FOX5 2m2 minutes ago
    First juror was previously convicted of a crime, but says he had first offender status. Court checking on if that impacts jury eligibility

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Trial - Ross Harris #7
    By tlcya in forum Cooper Harris
    Replies: 1082
    Last Post: 11-03-2016, 03:28 PM
  2. Trial - Ross Harris #6
    By tlcya in forum Cooper Harris
    Replies: 1027
    Last Post: 11-01-2016, 08:21 PM
  3. Trial - Ross Harris #5
    By tlcya in forum Cooper Harris
    Replies: 1094
    Last Post: 10-31-2016, 11:11 AM
  4. Trial - Ross Harris #3
    By tlcya in forum Cooper Harris
    Replies: 1260
    Last Post: 10-25-2016, 08:42 PM
  5. Trial - Ross Harris #2
    By tlcya in forum Cooper Harris
    Replies: 1728
    Last Post: 10-22-2016, 11:43 AM

Tags for this Thread