GUILTY TN - Toby Willis charged with child rape, Sept 2016

kimi_SFC

Reaction score
Toby Willis from TLC's The Willis Family is charged with raping an underage child
d3b16d11e29ef211832b00a480f259a0.jpg

[...]

While Willis and his family live in Nashville, Tennessee, investigators reportedly picked up Willis in Kentucky after he attempted to flee from law enforcement.

Willis is being held in the Muhlenberg County Jail in Kentucky without bond as a fugitive from justice.

He will be extradited to Cheatham County Jail in his hometown, where he will also be held without bond.

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigations initially began looking into the matter at the end of August.

Over the course of their investigation, they claim to have discovered that Willis had a sexual encounter with an underage girl 12 years ago.

[...]
The Willis Family aired for two seasons on TLC. The family was informed in May that the show had been canceled.
[...]

As of Saturday, the network has removed all links to the show from the official TLC website.

[...]

More@Link:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...lis-Family-charged-raping-underage-child.html

:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's all I could find on this case via MSM. It's really disturbing to me that TW would willingly leave the state of TN to avoid prosecution, as has been stated via multiple reports. The investigation, per the NYDN reporter on the embedded video, began on 29 August. Hopefully we will receive an update from the TBI soon.

My heart goes out to the victim, first and foremost! As a child SA survivor, I truly empathize with her. The road ahead will not be easy for her, and I wish her all the strength she will need throughout the adjudication process.
I also have to say that I truly feel for the W children. He is the leader of the Willis Family (he is their sound tech). This is something no family deserves, and to suffer through this in the public eye has to be nearly unspeakable for them. :twocents:

:anguish:

Whoa, he looks completely different with that beard. I only saw a couple episodes of their show but I would not have known that was him. He looks both scary and angry in that photo.

TLC star Toby Willis charged with child rape - NY Daily News

Direct link to video
ETA: this report has the most updated info so far):
Father Of 'The Willis Clan' Arrested On Child Rape Charge
https://social.newsinc.com/media/js...deoPlayer/16x9&widgetId=2&trackingGroup=69017
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...y-willis-charged-child-rape-article-1.2786875

You just can't make this stuff up. TLC needs to stop with the reality shows.

You just can't make this stuff up. TLC needs to stop with the reality shows.

RBBM:

You said it! #PostOfTheDay!
It seems like this level of felonious dysfunction ( and that's putting it mildly) is a prerequisite for casting!
:eek:
:sick:

I was going to link to the TV show webpage to show what he looked like on TV but it looks like TLC has swiftly removed it: http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/the-willis-family/

(In case they put it back up, hope it's okay to put the link).

Thank you for posting the link.

I think it should be OK :cow:
It is mentioned in the linked article in Post #1 that it was removed. Time will tell.

I hate to ask, but does Tennessee have a statute of limitations for this kind of crime? (I'm afraid to google it)
It says this happened 12 years ago. What are the chances he will face trial?
I worry for his 12 kids if he gets out. Ugh. :mad:

This article is a couple years old, but gives a lot of info on the very large Willis family and how they got their start toward fame. I honestly knew nothing about them until I looked at this thread.
http://wgntv.com/2014/11/06/tragedy...van-crash-that-claimed-6-of-their-9-children/

Have there been any reality shows that have not ended in some disastrous manner?

Wow, what a heartbreaking read (about the elder generation losing 6 of 9 children in the car crash. I had no idea.

I don't understand how TW got to this place.

Have there been any reality shows that have not ended in some disastrous manner?

The Simple Life???
I mean... Paris and Nicole are still alive and not in prison for messing with kids

I think it's a little strange (or ironic to the point of being hilarious) that many of the reality stars that wind up in big trouble with the law (or with God) are the ones that are conservative Christians that purport to have fairly sin-free lives.
And it seems like the fallen ones may not do it outside of marriage, but they definitely seem to know how to make themselves plenty of babies.

The Simple Life???
I mean... Paris and Nicole are still alive and not in prison for messing with kids

I think it's a little strange (or ironic to the point of being hilarious) that many of the reality stars that wind up in big trouble with the law (or with God) are the ones that are conservative Christians that purport to have fairly sin-free lives.
And it seems like the fallen ones may not do it outside of marriage, but they definitely seem to know how to make themselves plenty of babies.

My theory has always been that the smaller the corner you paint yourself (and others) into, the bigger you screw up.

It's not just with religion. Many vocal homophobes turn out to be secretly gay. Many vehement racists are found to secretly have spawned mixed children.

This doesn't sound right when you think about it. But I think that the more "conformed" you are, you're more than likely that way because you're trying to hide some heavy "Scheiß" that nobody would suspect you of.

Many states don't begin a statute of limitations until the victim turns 18, then can be eight years. Some states don't have any limit for child sexual assaults. I'm curious if the child was 4 or 16 or what age, and also his relationship with her/him.

https://tbinews.wordpress.com/2016/...pects-whereabouts-prior-to-child-rape-arrest/

NASHVILLE
– The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation is seeking the public’s assistance in locating individuals who may have had contact with a suspect now charged in connection to an ongoing child rape investigation.

At the request of 23rd District Attorney General Ray Crouch, TBI Agents began investigating Toby Nathaniel Willis (DOB 4-29-70) on August 29th. During the course of the investigation, Agents developed information Willis had a sexual encounter approximately 12 years ago with an underage female. TBI Agents arrested the 46-year-old on Friday in Greenville, Kentucky, where he traveled in an effort to avoid law enforcement, and charged him with one count of Rape of a Child.
Ongoing investigative efforts revealed Willis hitchhiked sometime between Monday, September 5th and Tuesday, September 6th from Shepherdsville, Kentucky, just south of Louisville, to Greenville, approximately 115 miles away. During the course of travel, Agents believe he accepted rides from at least two individuals. Agents would like to locate and speak with those individuals as part of the investigative process. Anyone with information that may be of assistance should contact the TBI at 1-800-TBI-FIND.
At the time of this release, Willis remained in the custody of the Muhlenberg County Jail on a Fugitive from Justice warrant. He waived extradition during a court hearing earlier today and will soon be transported to Cheatham County, Tennessee, where once booked, he will be held in the Cheatham County Jail without bond.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back