FL - Palm Harbor Florida father arrested after son left in truck for 8 hours

GeeEm

Reaction score
September 10, 2016

Florida father arrested after son left in truck for 8 hours

Florida authorities have charged a father with aggravated manslaughter after his 23-month-old son was left in his pickup truck for eight hours.

The Pinellas County Sheriff's Office says 41-year-old Troy Whitaker of Palm Harbor placed his son Lawson and 5-year-old daughter in the truck Friday morning and took the girl to school.

Detectives say Whitaker drove home without taking Lawson to day care and didn't realize the boy was still in the truck until about 4:30 p.m.

Lawson was pronounced dead at a hospital. Whitaker was released from Pinellas County jail late Friday on $50,000 bond.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/09/1...sted-after-son-left-in-truck-for-8-hours.html

Damn it. I'm so sick of people forgetting their babies! And how did he drop off the 5 year old, and presumably forget the 23 month old, less than an hour later? I'm guessing they were both in the back seat. What gives?

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

And he works for fire and rescue!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Damn it. I'm so sick of people forgetting their babies! And how did he drop off the 5 year old, and presumably forget the 23 month old, less than an hour later? I'm guessing they were both in the back seat. What gives?

He is probably asking himself the same question.

If you have another child you have to go on but if it were me I can't imagine being able to. I don't think I could live with myself.

He is probably asking himself the same question.

If you have another child you have to go on but if it were me I can't imagine being able to. I don't think I could live with myself.
I couldn't. These cases break my heart. Either the parent truly forgot, which just pains me to think about. I truly feel sad for them. Like you said, how could you go on?

And when it's purposeful, well...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsongirlfriend