JonBenét: An American Murder Mystery September 12-14 10/9C On Investigation Disovery

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This special about JonBenet on the Investigation Discovery (ID) channel should be good because it features and incredible document examiner named Cina Wong.

Ms. Wong's work on the ransom note is outstanding. I've been told Cina has a large part in the Investigation DiscoveryProgram.

Here is a sneak peak: http://www.investigationdiscovery.c...seys-handwriting-to-the-jonbenet-ransom-note/

Monday we have Dr. Phil with Burke then Investigation Discovery 10 PM Eastern/9 PM Central/ 8 PM Mountain and I'm not sure about the pacific time zone.

The ID show runs September 12-14. I am not sure if that means the 12th-13 and 14th or just the 12th and the 14th. I would appreciate help clearing this up if possible. Thank you.

Feel free to discuss the ID show here.

Of course, the chat room will be open. It will be open all day Monday for Dr. Phil and then in the evening for the ID program.

https://www.rumbletalk.com/client/chat.php?5T*D4Dq5

Busy day on the way. See you tomorrow, Monday!

Tricia

Hi, guys. I was just watching the link with the examiner Tricia mentions. Below it is a preview of the exploration of the so-called "bedwetting theory," and it actually depicts how that might have gone down, with actors as Patsy and JonBenet. It's not presented graphically, but it is CHILLING. There's a moment when "Patsy" swings her arm, followed by a teddy bear falling onto the floor in slow-motion, capping with "JonBenet" lying lifeless on the bedroom floor and "Patsy" bringing her to the basement. Brrrrrr

And all that airhead Diane Dimond can say is that, if this happened, it's, and I quote, "very sinister indeed." Yeah, that's not the word I'd use.

The ID preview regarding the handwriting analysis was great. No doubt left about who wrote the RN after seeing that.

Very much looking forward to this week.

if BR is telling the truth and he heard his mom yelling where's my baby and she went to check for her in his room like he claims in his police interview..
who was she acting for?JR?BR?both?wouldnt this mean that she did it all by herself?

http://nypost.com/2016/09/12/jonbenet-ramsey-series-questions-key-dna-evidence/

The three-part series also casts doubt on the DNA evidence used to exonerate the Ramsey family — parents John and Patsy, and son Burke — in 2008.

Supporting that claim is Gordon Coombes, who worked as an investigator in the Boulder County district attorney’s office — though not directly on the JonBenet case — from 2008 to 2011. He joined the office under DA Mary Lacy when they were testing the victim’s long johns for “touch” DNA. According to Coombes, during this time, Lacy used to host occasional lunchtime sessions for the staff to make the case, internally, that JonBenet was killed by an intruder — which struck the former cop as odd.

“I was told when I went to the DA’s office, ‘Don’t voice against the intruder theory because you may be forced out if you don’t fall in line. If you don’t believe in it just keep your mouth shut,’ ” Coombes tells The Post. “It just seemed weird the whole premise of … this attempt to influence the entire agency.”

“We all shed DNA all the time within our skin cells. It can be deposited anywhere at any time for various reasons, reasons that are benign,” Coombes says. “To clear somebody just on the premise of touch DNA, especially when you have a situation where the crime scene wasn’t secure at the beginning . . . really is a stretch.”

Wow. I never thought I'd hear someone who'd worked for the Boulder DA (ML) speak out in public about this.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/cbs-jonbenet-ramsey-1201858136/

CBS Scales Back JonBenet Ramsey Miniseries Plans
September 12, 2016

"CBS has cut its planned true-crime special about the murder of JonBenet Ramsey from six hours to four. The move comes as a glut of projects investigating the 1996 murder of the six-year-old beauty-pageant contestant make their way to television.

Production on “The Case Of: JonBenet Ramsey” wrapped earlier this month. Producers and network executives subsequently came to the decision that, given the material gathered, the project would make more sense as a tighter, two-part, four-hour miniseries than as a more languid six hours spread out over three parts. The move frees up valuable real estate in the fall schedule as CBS looks to launch its new primetime season.

Part one of “The Case Of” will premiere, as originally planned, Sunday, Sept. 18 at 8:30 p.m. ET and 8 p.m. PT, with part two following Monday, Sept. 19 at 9 p.m. CBS will no longer air a third installment, as previously scheduled, on Sunday, Sept. 25. Filling that schedule space, CBS will expand the season premiere of “NCIS: Los Angeles” — making its debut on a new night — from one hour to two, with back-to-back episodes beginning at 8:30 p.m. ET and 8 p.m. PT. The network will close out the night with an hour of reruns."

(rsbm)

September 12, 2016

"CBS has cut its planned true-crime special about the murder of JonBenet Ramsey from six hours to four. The move comes as a glut of projects investigating the 1996 murder of the six-year-old beauty-pageant contestant make their way to television.
Oh, noes! Looks to me like Woody got to them. Maybe they decided to make it a little more... uhhh... bland?

Uh oh -- sounds like Lin Wood threats to sue got to CBS maybe?

(rsbm)
Oh, noes! Looks to me like Woody got to them. Maybe they decided to make it a little more... uhhh... bland?

Right OTG - sorry, I posted my reply before reading your earlier one, but my sentiments exactly!!

if they cut out the most significant two hours then whats the point...it was too good to be true and thats why I was pessimistic.

i might switch to idi cause i wanna be on the winning team just for once😩

if BR is telling the truth and he heard his mom yelling where's my baby and she went to check for her in his room like he claims in his police interview..
who was she acting for?JR?BR?both?wouldnt this mean that she did it all by herself?

Yes. She's seeking her close up for Mr. DeMille.

Don't forget the ID show starts in a few hours

September 12, 2016

Production on “The Case Of: JonBenet Ramsey” wrapped earlier this month. Producers and network executives subsequently came to the decision that, given the material gathered, the project would make more sense as a tighter, two-part, four-hour miniseries than as a more languid six hours spread out over three parts. The move frees up valuable real estate in the fall schedule as CBS looks to launch its new primetime season.

Part one of “The Case Of” will premiere, as originally planned, Sunday, Sept. 18 at 8:30 p.m. ET and 8 p.m. PT, with part two following Monday, Sept. 19 at 9 p.m. CBS will no longer air a third installment, as previously scheduled, on Sunday, Sept. 25. Filling that schedule space, CBS will expand the season premiere of “NCIS: Los Angeles” — making its debut on a new night — from one hour to two, with back-to-back episodes beginning at 8:30 p.m. ET and 8 p.m. PT. The network will close out the night with an hour of reruns."

That seems really unusual, especially after being announced for so long and with so much publicity, but after reading Lin Wood Twitter and how litigious he seems, it is hard not to wonder if this is part of it, as others have mentioned.

I also wondered when I read CBS was doing this series, which seemed set to push buttons, about this aspect.

It is one thing for Netflix to do this type series; it is quite another for CBS, a corporate, very establishment channel...to do so. And while the series may be bold no matter what from the description, and continue to be, I can see why this network might back down under threat way more easily. But that was, presumably, why they did this to begin with: because it was bold, more like recent series which have garnered respect, attention, and been ground breaking. It was pretty clear what the intent of the show was. The scaling back of time certainly sends a bizarre signal. Thanks for the information.

I agree Merribe. This is very strange.

Let's hope and pray it is NOT because of Lin Wood and has more to do with the glut of JBR shows and CBS deciding to give that last hour to another, more profitable show.

This is one time I hope it comes down to corporate greed and wanting more money for the two hours and the only way to get the money was to dump the last 2 hours and replace with another show more appealing to the advertisers.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back