1565 users online (340 members and 1225 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 239
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Posts
    20,703

    Graphic Photos/ Day 6 The Garotte, The Cord, and Paint brush/12 Days of JonBenet

    WARNING! GRAPHIC PICTURES OF JONBENET AT MEDICAL EXAMINER'S OFFICE.

    The garotte, the cord, and the paintbrush.

    The garotte. Is it a complicated knot that makes the garotte or is it a simple knot that anyone can do.

    The cord. Where did it come from? Where did the rest of the cord go? Was there more cord?

    The paint brush handle. It was broken to make the garotte. It came from Patsy's paint tote.

    Was the garrote, the ligatures around JonBenet wrists, all part of staging? Was this staging done by someone trying to think like a criminal?

    There are two great places to look into the garrote. One place is our own thread started in 2006 on Websleuths. CLICK here to read the thread

    As always acandyrose.com has extensive coverage of the garotte, paintbrush, and cord. CLICK HERE

    There is so much to discuss here. Let's put all of these things to rest in this thread by explaining each piece of evidence.

    Below are some pictures of the garotte and the crime scene. WARNING GRAPHIC pictures of JonBenet at the medical examiner's office.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Garotte 1.jpg 
Views:	626 
Size:	9.4 KB 
ID:	101156   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Garotte 2.jpg 
Views:	595 
Size:	5.9 KB 
ID:	101157   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Garotte 3.jpg 
Views:	588 
Size:	7.2 KB 
ID:	101158   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Garotte front view.jpg 
Views:	789 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	101159   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Garotte side view.jpg 
Views:	1063 
Size:	6.4 KB 
ID:	101160  

    Join us at CrimeCon.com
    Check out Websleuths Facebook page
    Follow Websleuths on Twitter
    Read Websleuths on
    Wikipedia

    Tricia Griffith
    triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT
    84098






  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,965
    I tend to agree with Kolar on this one and think strangulation was not part of the staging but part of the crime.I just don't see the point of staging something like this, it is a waste of time,a lot of time.plus you gotta be really sick to be able to do it.It is not like the head wound wouldn't have been discovered at the autopsy.The reason IDI insists it came first is IMO just to mud the waters and destroy the real timeline.It could have started with the blow and the rest could have been part of an overkill.Finish her off.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3,333
    Having just read the "Bonita papers" for the first time, I was unaware until now that the autopsy findings included bruising at both shoulder areas. And now, seeing the side photo of JB's body, the bruising on her right shoulder is visible. That is some heavy bruising on that shoulder!

    Madeline: The autopsy results I just read said she was alive at the time of the blow to the head (as evidenced by bleeding in the brain) and was also alive at the time of strangulation (as evidenced by petechiae). Cause of death was asphyxia due to strangulation, so yes, absolutely the rope was more than just staging. Not that she would not have likely died from the blow to the head, but the strangulation is what killed her.
    Last edited by AlwaysShocked; 09-12-2016 at 02:47 AM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,965
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysShocked View Post
    Having just read the "Bonita papers" for the first time, I was unaware until now that the autopsy findings included bruising at both shoulder areas. And now, seeing the side photo of JB's body, the bruising on her right shoulder is visible. That is some heavy bruising on that shoulder!
    yeah I remeber L.Smit saying that she was pushed or grabbed so hard that they might wanna check her shirt for touch dna.wonder if they did.even if i dont think she was wearing that shirt when it happened.reminds me of the touch dna found on her nightgown.BR's ?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3,333
    Quote Originally Posted by madeleine View Post
    yeah I remeber L.Smit saying that she was pushed or grabbed so hard that they might wanna check her shirt for touch dna.wonder if they did.even if i dont think she was wearing that shirt when it happened.reminds me of the touch dna found on her nightgown.BR's ?
    It doesn't look like a grab, though. Too me, a "grab" would produce marks to the front and the rear of the shoulder area. The mark seen in the photo appears to be at the very top surface area of the shoulder. Like the shoulder would have been struck with something from above it.

    Trying here to figure out what could have caused such a mark. And I'm sure the ME was trying to figure out that very same thing. But they cannot put any guesses or suppositions into an official autopsy report. So all we get is a description of the bruise and a photo of the bruise.

  6. #6
    otg's Avatar
    otg is offline Reports of my death are greatly exagerated... but not completely unfounded.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,206
    AlwaysShocked: The right shoulder injury was also abraded. The photo does not show much definition, but part of the reason for the deep color might be because of the abrasion. If this injury occurred perimortem, there was probably some bleeding on the inside of her shirt, but I've never read anything about whether or not it was found. Here's what the ME wrote about it the right shoulder:
    On the posterior aspect of the right shoulder is a poorly demarcated, very superficial focus of abrasion/contusion which is pale purple in color and measures up to three-quarters by one-half inch in maximum dimension.


    On the left shoulder, the Bonita Papers don't agree with the AR. Here's the Bonita Papers:
    The upper front surfaces of JonBenet's left shoulder contained horizontal scrapes with blue-green bruising apparent in the area of the injury.
    (If true, the "blue-green bruising" would indicate a healing bruise from at least several days earlier.)


    But here's what Dr. Meyer wrote about the left shoulder in the AR:
    Several linear aggregates of petechial hemorrhages are present in the anterior left shoulder just above deltopectoral groove. These measure up to one inch in length by one-sixteenth to one-eighth of an inch in width.
    (No mention of a bruise -- just "several linear aggregates of petechial hemorrhages.")

    All views expressed in my posts are my opinion and are protected under the First Amendment to the United States Constitution as “freedom of speech.”

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    South Georgia
    Posts
    2,095
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    WARNING! GRAPHIC PICTURES OF JONBENET AT MEDICAL EXAMINER'S OFFICE.

    The garotte, the cord, and the paintbrush.

    The garotte. Is it a complicated knot that makes the garotte or is it a simple knot that anyone can do.

    The cord. Where did it come from? Where did the rest of the cord go? Was there more cord?

    The paint brush handle. It was broken to make the garotte. It came from Patsy's paint tote.

    Was the garrote, the ligatures around JonBenet wrists, all part of staging? Was this staging done by someone trying to think like a criminal?

    There are two great places to look into the garrote. One place is our own thread started in 2006 on Websleuths. CLICK here to read the thread

    As always acandyrose.com has extensive coverage of the garotte, paintbrush, and cord. CLICK HERE

    There is so much to discuss here. Let's put all of these things to rest in this thread by explaining each piece of evidence.

    Below are some pictures of the garotte and the crime scene. WARNING GRAPHIC pictures of JonBenet at the medical examiner's office.
    MOO~
    The knot looks intricate to me. JR was in the navy. Maybe he taught BR how to tie knots? The knot makes me think a male made the garotte.
    (I'd find it interesting to see statistics on how often women use ligature strangulation vs. men)

    Was there touch DNA on the cord?

    Was BR in boy scouts? Maybe dad and son visited the army store for items like the swiss army knife and cord for boy scout tasks. My daddy was a Boy Scout troup leader for 18 yrs. He was a eagle scout and silver beaver. Highest you can go. My brother was an eagle scout. I spent a lot of time with all of the scouts and am familiar with what they learn and badges earned. My daddy and my brother could tie any knot. They learned it in the scouts. It was an important part for them to learn. This is why I ask if BR was in the boy scouts at some point.

    The paint brush was an opportunity item as was the cord. The train room BR had was also in basement. Maybe he kept things in the room like his knife and cords and such.

    There was a lot of anger in whom ever choked her. That cord was deeply embedded in her neck. Also looks like there were several attempts like the person doing it wasn't quite strong enough to choke someone. It took some time. I think this is actually when the blow to the head happened. I notice a bruise on her shoulder too. Possibly the perp wasn't strong enough to finish choking her or wanted it over quickly.

    Ok the cord around the wrist and long section to other wrist. This is some possibilities that come to my mind. Maybe the reason the cord was so long was because it was originally tied around an object to the other wrist to restrain her to a location.

    It was supposedly tied in front of her. To make this situation make sense let me set up the scene.
    JBR on tummy hands tied around something like a pipe. Choking was also from behind. Possible head injury from behind too?
    After she was deceased, the perp undone the cord around wrist and wrapped her in her favorite blanket (which would mean the perp knew it was in the dryer.)

    Question: Was both wrists still bound or only one wrist when she was found?
    I think this would be an important fact due to the thought that if it was someone who loved her they may have tried to "undo" what they did by putting her clothes back on and wrapping her in blanket.
    If it was a intruder, I feel they would have left her exposed.
    Could BR have been caught by mama after the fact and she tried to give her back some dignity covering her up and staging scene.
    I read somewhere that BR and JBR was caught by the housekeeper playing doctor. Maybe it got out of hand.

    JMOO though and what the scene seems to say to me.
    I'd be interested to know if there were any pipes or an object she could have been tied to in the basement.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,965
    Tricia, when will we have a DNA day?
    Everybody around here knows I am not IDI so I am posting this only because I wanna understand things better.
    There was this expert on the A&E show claiming that contamination is excluded because matching DNA was found on BOTH sides of JB'S pants.Is he right, is he wrong, can someone pls elaborate?TIA

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    WARNING! GRAPHIC PICTURES OF JONBENET AT MEDICAL EXAMINER'S OFFICE.

    The garotte, the cord, and the paintbrush.

    The garotte. Is it a complicated knot that makes the garotte or is it a simple knot that anyone can do.

    The cord. Where did it come from? Where did the rest of the cord go? Was there more cord?

    The paint brush handle. It was broken to make the garotte. It came from Patsy's paint tote.

    Was the garrote, the ligatures around JonBenet wrists, all part of staging? Was this staging done by someone trying to think like a criminal?

    There are two great places to look into the garrote. One place is our own thread started in 2006 on Websleuths. CLICK here to read the thread

    As always acandyrose.com has extensive coverage of the garotte, paintbrush, and cord. CLICK HERE

    There is so much to discuss here. Let's put all of these things to rest in this thread by explaining each piece of evidence.

    Below are some pictures of the garotte and the crime scene. WARNING GRAPHIC pictures of JonBenet at the medical examiner's office.
    This is from the acandyrose link Tricia posted. Click it to read all the details, but I think this says quite a bit:*"The way the cord had been made into a noose-with the stick tied 17 inches from the knot-suggested staging rather than a bona fide attempt to strangle JonBenet. It suggested that the killer was a manipulative person, with the courage to believe that he or she could control the subsequent investigation. In short, everything about the crime indicated an attempt at self- preservation on the part of the killer."

    If it were an intruder, the only self preservation they needed was to LEAVE. The only reason for any other self preservation was if the killer couldn't leave because they lived there.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysShocked View Post
    It doesn't look like a grab, though. Too me, a "grab" would produce marks to the front and the rear of the shoulder area. The mark seen in the photo appears to be at the very top surface area of the shoulder. Like the shoulder would have been struck with something from above it.

    Trying here to figure out what could have caused such a mark. And I'm sure the ME was trying to figure out that very same thing. But they cannot put any guesses or suppositions into an official autopsy report. So all we get is a description of the bruise and a photo of the bruise.
    It is possible that she was swung and hit something (a dresser, a doorway), instead of something being swung to hit her. It doesn't fit with what I think probably happened but I figured I would put it out there as a possibility.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    25
    I do have a question about the idea of staging vs part of the crime - is it possible that the garotte was not a part of the crime, but that the strangulation in general was? I'm trying to think how to explain my thought process. As in, whoever strangled her did it in a "normal" fashion, just a rope around the neck, but then the garotte and those knots were part of the staging, to make it seem too complicated/strange for people in the house to have thought of?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    531
    The garrote is one of the things that makes me think JR was involved in the coverup. As a middle aged woman with no military experience, a garotte is completely alien and unfamiliar to me.

    Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk
    .
    .

    Amy’s entry to Casey on Facebook:"Amy Huizenga (Orlando, FL) wrote
    at 8:18am on May 26th, 2008
    You lost my duct tape! I was excited to have so much left! Thats why I get for giving you my purse… Stupid costume that didn’t work the way it should have…. what a waste of gaff tape…"

    Did police ever ask Amy what brand of duct tape???

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Launceston, Tasmania
    Posts
    82
    I hate that the device is always referred to as a garrote.
    It clearly is not a garrote.
    And to me it is clearly a toggle rope.

    Toggle ropes



    Garrote




    Toggle ropes or commando ropes are used in hiking/rock climbing (JAR), the military (JR) and boy scouts - they call it a buddy rope (BR) and probably a lot of other uses too.
    The house keeper said she saw a similar device on a box in the basement during her time working at the Ramseys.(I'll try and find her exact wording)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	toggle-rope.jpg 
Views:	3040 
Size:	7.6 KB 
ID:	101170   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	splice and toggle - connected.jpg 
Views:	3070 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	101171   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	garotte.jpg 
Views:	3070 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	101172   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	garrote mechanism of action.jpg 
Views:	3063 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	101173  
    Last edited by Airasae; 09-12-2016 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Added detail

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    South Georgia
    Posts
    2,095
    Quote Originally Posted by Airasae View Post
    I hate that the device is always referred to as a garrote.
    It clearly is not a garrote.
    And to me it is clearly a toggle rope.
    Toggle ropes

    Garrote
    YES! Good point. Because this also points to the manner of choking. If it was a garrote it is twisted. If it is as you say a toggle rope, that would require pulling am I correct?
    Points me back to BR being in scouts.
    Or JR being in the Navy.
    JMO

    Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." Albert Einstein

    Everything I write is my very own opinion unless I give a link. I can and will change my mind when the evidence leads me in another direction.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    26
    The cord on her neck was deeply imbedded due to the swelling that occurred after death.

    The garotte cord itself was 17" long from neck knot to paintbrush, which could allow for the cord to be run under the door and outside the room. By someone who didn't want to watch her being strangled? Could tugging on it from outside the door have caused the shoulder abrasion, the paintbrush stick to snap?



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Photos of the Couple - *WARNING: Graphic Images*
    By christine2448 in forum Mystery couple murdered South Carolina 1976
    Replies: 171
    Last Post: 02-26-2017, 11:53 PM
  2. Day 7 The DNA/ 12 Days of JonBenet
    By Tricia in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 149
    Last Post: 11-03-2016, 04:27 PM
  3. Replies: 52
    Last Post: 08-26-2005, 08:09 PM