1408 users online (267 members and 1141 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 114 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Dr. Phil Interviews Burke Ramsey (9/12 & 9/13 2016)

In his season opener, Dr. Phil exclusively interviews Burke Ramsey, who was 9 years old at the time of his sister's murder.

Discuss your impressions of this interview.

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Hi Everyone.

Chat for the Dr. Phil show will be open at 2:00 PM Eastern.

https://www.rumbletalk.com/client/chat.php?5T*D4Dq5

My apologies for not opening this thread sooner. Sorry Madeleine74. You were on top of things and I wasn't. My bad. I will ban myself.
    Help our Administrator Bessie
    Check out Websleuths Facebook page
    Follow Websleuths on Twitter
    Read Websleuths on
    Wikipedia

Tricia Griffith
    triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

Maybe not a ban... just a timeout
    The Seeker / Sports Freak /

Most of the show is not actually interviewing Burke, most of it is interviews from other people and snippets from John Ramsey's interviews.

Precious little time has actually been devoted to the Burke segments, I think when you add it together he maybe comprises 20% of actual air time.

Dr. Phil Interviews Burke Ramsey (9/12 & 9/13 2016)

I wanted to smack the smirks off Burke's face. He seemed like a giant a$$hat!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I always wondered why somebody doesn't do something about that. Then I realized I was somebody.

Lily Tomlin

His smile is alot like the Joker's. Permanent smirk.
    The Seeker / Sports Freak /

Dr Phil: Burke statements...

I don't post much, but am an avid follower of this case and Websleuths in general. Here are just two of the many statements within this treasure trove of body language and statement analysis fodder that immediately stood out to me:

Using NoIt'sNot's video upload of Part I (Media Links #146), at around 18:50:

Dr Phil asks, "Do you remember the last time you saw Jonbenet alive?" Burke responds, "I want to say it was in the car on the way back from the White's". I'm sure you do want to say this ...but as opposed to what? ...The truth?

Directly following, Dr Phil shows Burke a JBR photo, which DP represents as the last pic of her alive. (Many of us might technically disagree, but whatever: It is an absolutely darling, known pic of JBR smiling impishly from that XMAS morning.) The point is, Burke then blandly states, "Really?...huh...I don't remember the hair being that long...but...(shrug)." Now, he might have said "her" hair, but I think he said "the" hair. (Anyone want to double check?) In any case, Burke's lack of emotion, the lack of connection, the absolute cavern of distance, makes me want to weep.

In certain instances his smirks reminded me much more of dupers delight- especially the smirks when he is 9 doing the interviews.

Wow, I've been firmly BDI for some time now, but this interview actually gave me doubts. Yes, the constant smiling is a bit creepy, but I'm getting a vibe of truthfulness from him. Weird.
    MOO

Oh, I think he is being truthful for the most part (entirely avoiding anything that might be really incriminating) but remember he can never be charged for this crime- he knows this and has been free ever since it occurred.

Quote Originally Posted by OverthinksIt View Post
    I don't post much, but am an avid follower of this case and Websleuths in general. Here are just two of the many statements within this treasure trove of body language and statement analysis fodder that immediately stood out to me:

Using NoIt'sNot's video upload of Part I (Media Links #146), at around 18:50:

Dr Phil asks, "Do you remember the last time you saw Jonbenet alive?" Burke responds, "I want to say it was in the car on the way back from the White's". I'm sure you do want to say this ...but as opposed to what? ...The truth?

Directly following, Dr Phil shows Burke a JBR photo, which DP represents as the last pic of her alive. (Many of us might technically disagree, but whatever: It is an absolutely darling, known pic of JBR smiling impishly from that XMAS morning.) The point is, Burke then blandly states, "Really?...huh...I don't remember the hair being that long...but...(shrug)." Now, he might have said "her" hair, but I think he said "the" hair. (Anyone want to double check?) In any case, Burke's lack of emotion, the lack of connection, the absolute cavern of distance, makes me want to weep.
    BR: Really (looks at photo)
    DP: That was ever taken of her alive
    BR: ha, I don't remember the hair being that
    long, but

I think that's such an odd thing for a brother to notice- even under normal circumstances but here it is absolutely detached and bizarre when speaking about the last photo of your sister alive.

Wow wow wow just watched and that did Burke no favors , that creepy look on his face just sealed my opinion period just Wow!
    Suzanne Marie Sevakis Welcome home.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetCaroline View Post
    Wow, I've been firmly BDI for some time now, but this interview actually gave me doubts. Yes, the constant smiling is a bit creepy, but I'm getting a vibe of truthfulness from him. Weird.
    WHAT that was pee wee Hermanish to me , super creepy like it would be a normal thing to off a family member ( I'm aware its not a word lol)
    Suzanne Marie Sevakis Welcome home.

Page 1 of 114 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast