Dr. Phil Interviews Burke Ramsey (9/12 & 9/13 2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madeleine74

Knower of Things
Reaction score
In his season opener, Dr. Phil exclusively interviews Burke Ramsey, who was 9 years old at the time of his sister's murder.

Discuss your impressions of this interview.

Hi Everyone.

Chat for the Dr. Phil show will be open at 2:00 PM Eastern.

https://www.rumbletalk.com/client/chat.php?5T*D4Dq5

My apologies for not opening this thread sooner. Sorry Madeleine74. You were on top of things and I wasn't. My bad. I will ban myself. ;)

Maybe not a ban... just a timeout ;)

Most of the show is not actually interviewing Burke, most of it is interviews from other people and snippets from John Ramsey's interviews.

Precious little time has actually been devoted to the Burke segments, I think when you add it together he maybe comprises 20% of actual air time.

I wanted to smack the smirks off Burke's face. He seemed like a giant a$$hat!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His smile is alot like the Joker's. Permanent smirk.

I don't post much, but am an avid follower of this case and Websleuths in general. Here are just two of the many statements within this treasure trove of body language and statement analysis fodder that immediately stood out to me:

Using NoIt'sNot's video upload of Part I (Media Links #146), at around 18:50:

Dr Phil asks, "Do you remember the last time you saw Jonbenet alive?" Burke responds, "I want to say it was in the car on the way back from the White's". I'm sure you do want to say this ...but as opposed to what? ...The truth?

Directly following, Dr Phil shows Burke a JBR photo, which DP represents as the last pic of her alive. (Many of us might technically disagree, but whatever: It is an absolutely darling, known pic of JBR smiling impishly from that XMAS morning.) The point is, Burke then blandly states, "Really?...huh...I don't remember the hair being that long...but...(shrug)." Now, he might have said "her" hair, but I think he said "the" hair. (Anyone want to double check?) In any case, Burke's lack of emotion, the lack of connection, the absolute cavern of distance, makes me want to weep.

In certain instances his smirks reminded me much more of dupers delight- especially the smirks when he is 9 doing the interviews.

Wow, I've been firmly BDI for some time now, but this interview actually gave me doubts. Yes, the constant smiling is a bit creepy, but I'm getting a vibe of truthfulness from him. Weird.

Oh, I think he is being truthful for the most part (entirely avoiding anything that might be really incriminating) but remember he can never be charged for this crime- he knows this and has been free ever since it occurred.

I don't post much, but am an avid follower of this case and Websleuths in general. Here are just two of the many statements within this treasure trove of body language and statement analysis fodder that immediately stood out to me:

Using NoIt'sNot's video upload of Part I (Media Links #146), at around 18:50:

Dr Phil asks, "Do you remember the last time you saw Jonbenet alive?" Burke responds, "I want to say it was in the car on the way back from the White's". I'm sure you do want to say this ...but as opposed to what? ...The truth?

Directly following, Dr Phil shows Burke a JBR photo, which DP represents as the last pic of her alive. (Many of us might technically disagree, but whatever: It is an absolutely darling, known pic of JBR smiling impishly from that XMAS morning.) The point is, Burke then blandly states, "Really?...huh...I don't remember the hair being that long...but...(shrug)." Now, he might have said "her" hair, but I think he said "the" hair. (Anyone want to double check?) In any case, Burke's lack of emotion, the lack of connection, the absolute cavern of distance, makes me want to weep.

BR: Really (looks at photo)
DP: That was ever taken of her alive
BR: ha, I don't remember the hair being that
long, but

I think that's such an odd thing for a brother to notice- even under normal circumstances but here it is absolutely detached and bizarre when speaking about the last photo of your sister alive.

Wow wow wow just watched and that did Burke no favors , that creepy look on his face just sealed my opinion period just Wow!

Wow, I've been firmly BDI for some time now, but this interview actually gave me doubts. Yes, the constant smiling is a bit creepy, but I'm getting a vibe of truthfulness from him. Weird.

WHAT :) that was pee wee Hermanish to me , super creepy like it would be a normal thing to off a family member ( I'm aware its not a word lol)

Am I crazy?! Did DP actually say that JR put Burke to bed using a flashlight?! And did Burke say he was downstairs after everyone was in bed?!

Please tell me someone else heard that!

http://www.insideedition.com/headli...ocial-media-uproar-can-he-please-stop-smiling

JonBenet Ramsey's Smirking Brother Draws Social Media Uproar: 'Can He Please Stop Smiling?'
September 13, 2016
Behavior expert Dr. Lillian Glass gave her analysis to Inside Edition.
"I look at this as one of the most disturbing interviews I have ever seen," she declared.
When Dr. Phil asked Burke about what his mother’s reaction on the night of the murder, he described it while smirking.
“You see he has a genuine smile. For any other kid, they would have been terrified," Dr. Glass said. "He is elated about it. Maybe he had a bad relationship with the mother? Maybe he didn’t like the mother?"
People are also pointing out that Burke bizarrely moves his fingers.
"When Burke is fidgeting with his hands it shows that he is nervous. The body doesn’t lie. It shows that he is leaking out some nervous energy, which is coming out through his hands," Dr. Glass said.
Dr. Phil describes Burke as “socially awkward” and revealed that he works from home as a software engineer.
Read: JonBenet's Father Speaks Out in New Documentary: 'We Were the Victims of a Lynch Mob'
“He didn’t grow up like a normal kid. He couldn’t go to school. He has a siege mentality,” Dr. Phil said.
Dr. Glass said: "It is though he is not socialized, he doesn’t know how to react. There is something off about Burke."

I guess I'm the only one who didn't get the " bedtime by flashlight " memo? This is common knowledge, and I just somehow missed it before today?

He and I are about the same age and even when I was a kid, he'd creep me out. And he STILL creeps me out. Of all the things to say about JB while at her viewing, you talk about her eye drooping? So bizarre to me!

I can only comment as an outsider looking in, since I have never followed the case. I am not in any "camp" referenced by the interview. Right now I am trying to put myself in his position before picking a part everything I'm seeing. I don't remember practically anything when I was nine years old. I dislike cameras so whenever I have to take a picture I am very bad at it (you should see my driver's license!). So I am hesitant to say if he is creepy or not. I ask myself how I would look in a room alone with Dr. Phil with numerous cameras staring at me. It would be very disconcerting. Considering that J&PR sheltered Burke from cameras makes me think he doesn't really know how to act in front of them or he may just be a normal guy with anxiety issues. I just don't know what to think right now....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123