853 users online (114 members and 739 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 179
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Who Dat Nation
    Posts
    29,888

    Suspect: Daniel Heinrich - #3

    Continue the discussion regarding suspect Daniel Heinrich here in thread #3 of the topic.

    Thread #1
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...php?p=12150493

    Thread #2
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...php?p=12177710
    Last edited by bessie; 09-12-2016 at 06:06 PM.
    __________________________________
    Muddy water in the street
    ; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"

    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    12,979
    In the podcast, there were quite a few references to the monster being in that neighborhood and harrassing children at different levels. Such as car chasing or perhaps taking a boy with a bear hug.

    I wonder what brought him to the neighborhood. At the other end of the cul de sac, the houses were somewhat close. Maybe 75 feet or more apart. Then nothing until the cul de sac. . Was it because of the Tom Thumb? Kids were always there? A convenience store is a kid magnet.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    789
    Dear Bessie,

    Thank you for this thread. You are a marvel.
    "Every thought you produce, anything you say, any action you do, it bears your signature."
    - Thich Nhat Hanh

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Central MN
    Posts
    645
    Quote Originally Posted by human View Post
    In the podcast, there were quite a few references to the monster being in that neighborhood and harrassing children at different levels. Such as car chasing or perhaps taking a boy with a bear hug.

    I wonder what brought him to the neighborhood. At the other end of the cul de sac, the houses were somewhat close. Maybe 75 feet or more apart. Then nothing until the cul de sac. . Was it because of the Tom Thumb? Kids were always there? A convenience store is a kid magnet.
    I vaguely remember him working nearby. Where was the fingerhut located in 1989?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "One day, I want to look him in the eye and say, 'I never gave up.'" ~Patty Wetterling

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,128
    Quote Originally Posted by human View Post
    In the podcast, there were quite a few references to the monster being in that neighborhood and harrassing children at different levels. Such as car chasing or perhaps taking a boy with a bear hug.

    I wonder what brought him to the neighborhood. At the other end of the cul de sac, the houses were somewhat close. Maybe 75 feet or more apart. Then nothing until the cul de sac. . Was it because of the Tom Thumb? Kids were always there? A convenience store is a kid magnet.
    I think perverts get really acquainted with areas where there are kids and secluded areas. I bet the monster drove and drove. In his guilty plea allocution, I recall he admitted to cruising. He had worn out his welcome in Paynesville and probably would have been caught (and knew it) soon enough. We know he cruised neighborhoods after Jacob because there was a police report of him cruising. I am sure that there was no shortage of the monster finding places where he could procure victims/survivors.

    In the neighborhood I grew up in, we had tons of kids, a large lake down a hill that kids would fish and hang out near, a mall with a large secluded parking lot, and tons of perverts who cruised the area.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh (of course)
    Posts
    2,478
    It's almost inconceivable that DH could have stopped altogether. ELOCsoul's discussion of the profile done of JW's abductor, in the 2nd edition of his book, talks about the kind of life situations that spur escalation in predatory behavior. But what happens after the first killing? There is a lot of evidence in serial killer studies that reliving the peak experience satisfies for a while but that eventually they need new victims. I'd like to see what a great profiler says about a guy like DH.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    St. Cloud MN
    Posts
    2,519
    Quote Originally Posted by pittsburghgirl View Post
    It's almost inconceivable that DH could have stopped altogether. ELOCsoul's discussion of the profile done of JW's abductor, in the 2nd edition of his book, talks about the kind of life situations that spur escalation in predatory behavior. But what happens after the first killing? There is a lot of evidence in serial killer studies that reliving the peak experience satisfies for a while but that eventually they need new victims. I'd like to see what a great profiler says about a guy like DH.
    It is doubtful that Heinrich will ever confess again. We just have to rest on the fact that Heinrich is gone now, he's not coming back.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    12,979
    Quote Originally Posted by pittsburghgirl View Post
    It's almost inconceivable that DH could have stopped altogether. ELOCsoul's discussion of the profile done of JW's abductor, in the 2nd edition of his book, talks about the kind of life situations that spur escalation in predatory behavior. But what happens after the first killing? There is a lot of evidence in serial killer studies that reliving the peak experience satisfies for a while but that eventually they need new victims. I'd like to see what a great profiler says about a guy like DH.
    The more info that can be gathered on these monsters, the more the proflles can be accurate and maybe lead to the perp. He fits profiles so well except what hs he done for 27 years?

    He can lie with a straight adamant face so who knows what truth could be gleaned
    from him

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    12,979
    The curious thing is that he may have tried to attack a boy five years previously,

    Hunting. That term just scares the heck out of me.

    He took pics after and put money down so they would go bend to get it. What a life. The thoughts and planning all related to perversion.

    I cannot believe looking was enough. It does not seem like he would drive far away. The last job he had was for,ten years and it does not seem he would,have the opportunity to drive that far?

    His working for ten years at a job does not fit profiles, I feel. Don't they usually keep changing jobs? No one he worked with has any comments?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,128
    Quote Originally Posted by human View Post
    The curious thing is that he may have tried to attack a boy five years previously,

    Hunting. That term just scares the heck out of me.

    He took pics after and put money down so they would go bend to get it. What a life. The thoughts and planning all related to perversion.

    I cannot believe looking was enough. It does not seem like he would drive far away. The last job he had was for,ten years and it does not seem he would,have the opportunity to drive that far?

    His working for ten years at a job does not fit profiles, I feel. Don't they usually keep changing jobs? No one he worked with has any comments?
    I think he cruised lots areas. I think he was using his morphing software to create new visuals that gave him a thrill. He has trophies that fed his proclivities. Lastly, I think that he visited Jacob's burial spot over the years. It is why I think it was so easy to find the site---I think he has gone back and back to that jacket, which is why it was always buried on top. IMHO.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    12,979
    Quote Originally Posted by kaen View Post
    I think he cruised lots areas. I think he was using his morphing software to create new visuals that gave him a thrill. He has trophies that fed his proclivities. Lastly, I think that he visited Jacob's burial spot over the years. It is why I think it was so easy to find the site---I think he has gone back and back to that jacket, which is why it was always buried on top. IMHO.
    Do you feel that was enough for him? I agree with the jacket. So sickening.

    I wonder if he got a thrill out of all of the publicity, posters, teams, etc. That he fooled everyone.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,128
    Quote Originally Posted by human View Post
    Do you feel that was enough for him? I agree with the jacket. So sickening.

    I wonder if he got a thrill out of all of the publicity, posters, teams, etc. That he fooled everyone.
    What if what he said was true that he panicked and killed Jacob. Might it have scared him enough? Also, he was their person of interest--they had talked to him before. The fear of getting caught might have been a deterrent because he felt they were on to him. Jared had told and he had been in a line-up and there was the picture. He was getting very close to making a big mistake and knew he had to lay low. The cruising and having the upper hand that he had done nothing along with the inappropriate photos that weren't against the law. I do think he was holding back. It is why I think he revisited the burial grounds and kept the items close-ish to the surface. Why not burn the jacket and items? Why throw the shoes in the ravine that he passed on the way home? I think he wanted to have access. I think he collected the newspapers as a way of reliving the "thrilling" moment of taking Jacob. I would also assume that he had lots of dysfunctional sexual issues as well. I would love for the FBI to be able to study him and give us all a sense of his twisted thinking.
    Last edited by kaen; 09-13-2016 at 04:13 PM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7,517
    Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post
    Continue the discussion regarding suspect Daniel Heinrich here in thread #3 of the topic.

    Thread #1
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...php?p=12150493

    Thread #2
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...php?p=12177710
    Bessie, I hope you're doing much better. it's so good to see you here!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7,517
    Quote Originally Posted by human View Post
    Do you feel that was enough for him? I agree with the jacket. So sickening.

    I wonder if he got a thrill out of all of the publicity, posters, teams, etc. That he fooled everyone.
    I personally find it hard to believe that a pedophile like Heinrich just stopped molesting boys after Jacob. I just think he widened his territory. On his weekends off? One can travel a good ways, and maybe he took additional time off from work as well. Holiday or sick days? I wonder if the company he worked for still has records of his work schedule and days off.

    If he did, I would for sure consider them "sick" days. That man is not right, at all, he was always "sick", in a very bad way. And I'm not saying that to mean I think he could ever plead insanity. No way, he's a full blown pervert. No excuses. I just wonder if he realizes what he did was perverted, what does he think? I would love to interview him. jmo

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2,095
    Quote Originally Posted by nmogren View Post
    I vaguely remember him working nearby. Where was the fingerhut located in 1989?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not really all that close. It was on 8th street / Veteran's drive across from the Ice Arena in St. Cloud. I think Heinrich admitted that he drove around on back roads looking for boys though, or maybe that was just implied.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Suspect - Daniel Heinrich #2
    By ELOCsoul in forum Jacob Wetterling
    Replies: 1544
    Last Post: 09-12-2016, 06:01 PM
  2. Replies: 70
    Last Post: 12-23-2015, 02:12 PM
  3. Suspect - Daniel Heinrich
    By ELOCsoul in forum Jacob Wetterling
    Replies: 1107
    Last Post: 11-10-2015, 08:22 AM
  4. CO - Denver cop shot, suspect dead in chase; 5th suspect arrested
    By Portabella in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-17-2013, 08:53 AM
  5. SUSPECT: Jeffrey Allan Maxwell - Cops eye "house of horrors" suspect in cold cases
    By JeannieC in forum Texas Killing Fields and Mysteries Along I-45
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-01-2012, 09:37 PM

Tags for this Thread