Found Deceased AZ - Joshua Tourjee, 34, Grand Canyon National Park, 11 Sept 2016

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Search on for missing river tour guide at Grand Canyon park
11798551_G.jpg

Authorities at Grand Canyon National Park say they are searching for missing guide from a commercial trip on the Colorado River.
The National Park Service received a satellite phone call from members of the river trip saying Tourjee failed to return to camp Sunday evening near Pancho's Kitchen.
http://www.azfamily.com/story/33077430/search-on-for-missing-river-tour-guide-at-grand-canyon-park

The Grand Canyon is so massive and so dangerous that yeah, it does not shock me at all that so many people go missing there. It would be easy to get bit by a snake, fall from a cliff, die from dehydration, die from heatstroke/sunstroke, etc. BTW, whenever I drive through the desert, I carry one 5-gallon continer of water for each person in the car.

From the azfamily link above

"Tourjee was last seen wearing a lime colored, short-sleeved shirt and dark colored shorts with an inflatable pool raft, possibly in the shape of a black swan"

It reads as though he was planning to go in the river.

This is from the 28th and so far it's the only article I've found saying he'd been identified, but since there's no quote from the ME or NPS I don't know if it's right. Wouldn't there be an obituary?

Body of missing river guide recovered
National Park Service personnel recovered the body of missing river guide Joshua Tourjee last Tuesday, Sept. 20.

Although I suppose we all know it's him. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back