Ivan
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 1259DFFL
SFNorman.jpg
SThompson.jpg

Right:Norman, circa 1983;Left:circa 1984

Sandra Faye Norman
Missing since July 2, 1984 from Florida.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

• [*]Date Of Birth: February 13, 1958
    [*]Age at Time of Disappearance: 25 years old
    [*]Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3"; 100 lbs.
    [*]Distinguishing Characteristics: Straight, thick blackish brown hair; brown eyes. Very slender frame. Was a smoker.
    [*]Dentals: Had good teeth.
  • AKA: Her married name is Thompson.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Norman was last seen in Florida July 2, 1984. No one is really sure of circumstances surrounding her disappearance. A friend of hers told her family that she had been hanging out with a drug dealer shortly before she went missing. It is unknown if a missing persons report was filed.
Norman had a daughter with her husband prior to her disappearance.
She was known as a prostitute.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Jacksonville County Sheriff's Office
904-630-0500
Agency Case #: 84-329446
Source Information:

Namus https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/25293/6

FDLE

FDLE

:bump: Wish the family would provide DNA

Do you know if she's been compared to LPJD?
ETA: FL should have fingerprints on file for her somewhere, if she were a known prostitute and had been arrested. They were able to get one print from the the remains, so it would be worth a try if this hasn't already been done.

She was submitted however the family did not want to provide DNA .... The post about it is in LPJD's thread

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

She was submitted however the family did not want to provide DNA .... The post about it is in LPJD's thread

Yes, I confess, I didn't read the whole thread. Weren't we just talking about this, LOL? I started at the beginning but hadn't gotten that far. That's odd about the DNA, however, I'm thinking there are fingerprints out there maybe, given her lifestyle.

Yes, I confess, I didn't read the whole thread. Weren't we just talking about this, LOL? I started at the beginning but hadn't gotten that far. That's odd about the DNA, however, I'm thinking there are fingerprints out there maybe, given her lifestyle.

Lol.... Thats OK ... But at this moment I wish there was a dislike button ... Joking .. See post #525 on LPJD thread

Wow. Coming up on 4 years since she was put into NamUs and still no identifiers.

This is so sad and frustrating. She could have been found years ago as a Jane Doe for all we know but no way of ID'ing her if she was found. :gaah:

Is her family all deceased? Did she have any arrests for the alleged prostitution? Maybe her fingerprints are on file somewhere?

Also, Doe Network says "has good teeth" -- how is that known if there are no dental records? She must have seen a dentist at some point, right?

Still NO DNA/Fingerprints/Dental for Sandra in NAMUS: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/25293/

:(

Lake Pontchartrain Jane Doe
Post # 137 - # 139 - Indianagirl contacted the case manager it was stated the family did not want to provide DNA.

Post # 137
Several weeks ago, I sent an email to the case manager listed on namus about Sandra Norman being a possible match and still haven't received a reply. Any help you can give would be great! I'm pretty new at this and have never called LE. I've only had email correspondance.

Post # 138
Just a little update!

I received an email from the case manager in regards to Sandra Norman.

Email:
I spoke with the agency where Sandra was reported missing. There are no dental records available and her family is refusing to give DNA. We cannot do a comparison without one of those. I am making a file note to look into this later if the situation ever changes. However, I think Sandra is more similar to our case 85-01 than she is to 03-35.
Helen

Fingerprints and Dental charts ... is a good question however it may not be available for various circumstances whom knows you did pose a great question.

I'm thinking, given Sandra's lifestyle, that there may be fingerprints on file somewhere, or were, if they weren't lost or destroyed by accident.

I'm thinking, given Sandra's lifestyle, that there may be fingerprints on file somewhere, or were, if they weren't lost or destroyed by accident.

Your right if their previous arrests then LE should have her fingerprints, like we have seen in many cases before.. their lost some where in a filing cabinet or have been destroyed in some natural disaster.

This is a sad case

Investigators need to dig a little deeper into any possible arrest reports for Sandra

1259DFFL - Sandra Faye Norman

Right:Norman, circa 1983;Left:circa 1984

Name: Sandra Faye Norman
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: July 2, 1984
Location Last Seen: Florida.

Physical Description

Date of Birth: February 13, 1958
Race: Unknown
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 100 lbs.
Hair Color: Straight, thick blackish brown
Eye Color: Brown
Nickname/Alias: Her married name is Thompson.
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Very slender frame. Was a smoker.  

Identifiers

Dentals: Had good teeth.
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Unknown

Clothing & Personal Items

Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance

Norman was last seen in Florida July 2, 1984. No one is really sure of circumstances surrounding her disappearance. A friend of hers told her family that she had been hanging out with a drug dealer shortly before she went missing. It is unknown if a missing persons report was filed.

Norman had a daughter with her husband prior to her disappearance.

She was known as a prostitute.

Investigating Agency(s)

Agency Name: Jacksonville County Sheriff's Office
Agency Contact Person: N/A
Agency Phone Number: 904-630-0500
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: N/A
Case Case Number: 84-329446

Information Source(s)

FDLE
FDLE

Family unwilling to submit DNA always leaves me thinking they have something to hide. Even if one was paranoid about the gov't using your DNA or having some other odd theory, this is your family. How could you NOT want to help in anyway possible?

I know we can't sleuth family members but it does make one wonder. Does her family have a criminal background, drug dealing history, domestic violence or something that would make their fear override the kindness of helping?

Let's hope someone in that family tree has tested and the genealogists can eventually work their way into IDing her. I know there's people in my line that will never test. But oh well, too late now because I did and there's a murderer on one branch.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pandamom76
Back