994 users online (140 members and 854 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38
Results 556 to 567 of 567
  1. #556
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,192
    Quote Originally Posted by cgon4872 View Post
    Kinda spitballing here, but could this be the unidentified victim Grate claimed he killed?

    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...gham_lynn.html

    She was just added to NamUs yesterday, so I don't know how recently she was reported missing.
    I'd be more inclined to think she was a possible victim of THIS guy because it was the same truck stop he was arrested at:

    http://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-co...ccused-n444321

    But, I wouldn't say out of the question on Grate. Ashland is not far from that truck stop either.

  2. #557
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by Owutatangledweb View Post
    I'd be more inclined to think she was a possible victim of THIS guy because it was the same truck stop he was arrested at:

    http://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-co...ccused-n444321

    But, I wouldn't say out of the question on Grate. Ashland is not far from that truck stop either.
    Wasn't he in prison when she disappeared? If I recall correctly, Rembert was spent six years in prison after he was convicted of manslaughter in 1997.

  3. #558
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,192
    Quote Originally Posted by cgon4872 View Post
    Wasn't he in prison when she disappeared? If I recall correctly, Rembert was spent six years in prison after he was convicted of manslaughter in 1997.


    7/8/98 he was sentenced to six years with credit for 130 days. Assuming that he did all the time with no early release by the Department of Corrections, you are correct.

    http://cpdocket.cp.cuyahogacounty.us...-FK_IZYXkUNrg2

  4. #559
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,192
    30 minutes to Ashland from the truckstop and 1.5 hours to Marion, Ohio from the truckstop.

  5. #560
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    31,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Owutatangledweb View Post
    7/8/98 he was sentenced to six years with credit for 130 days. Assuming that he did all the time with no early release by the Department of Corrections, you are correct.

    http://cpdocket.cp.cuyahogacounty.us...-FK_IZYXkUNrg2
    If this report is correct, he served the full six years. But it's still close timing.

    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...php?p=12122403

    Rembert's thread is in this forum under Long Haul Truckers.
    Last edited by bessie; 02-03-2017 at 12:19 AM.
    PODCAST ROW

    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK
    __________________________________
    Always give generously of yourself to support your beliefs. And when you're knocked down, give more.




  6. #561
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,192
    Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post
    If this report is correct, he served the full six years. But it's still close timing.

    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...php?p=12122403

    Rembert's thread is in this forum under Long Haul Truckers.
    Whoa Bessie! Did you see the dump site in this one victim of Rembert's (Hall) East 83rd and Kinsman. That's awful spot on to the East Cleveland killings thread! Sorry, off topic, I posted it in Rembert's thread.

  7. #562
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    31,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Owutatangledweb View Post
    Whoa Bessie! Did you see the dump site in this one victim of Rembert's (Hall) East 83rd and Kinsman. That's awful spot on to the East Cleveland killings thread! Sorry, off topic, I posted it in Rembert's thread.
    Yes! That's why I fully expected him to be charged in other cases.
    PODCAST ROW

    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK
    __________________________________
    Always give generously of yourself to support your beliefs. And when you're knocked down, give more.




  8. #563
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,192
    The DNA must not have matched or they don't have DNA, which I find hard to believe they wouldn't have DNA

  9. #564
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6,287
    Shawn Grate status hearing delayed for one week
    ASHLAND A status conference for accused serial killer Shawn Grate has been rescheduled from today to next Monday, March 6.

    The hearing in Ashland County Common Pleas Court was set to share the results of the not guilty by reason of insanity evaluation report completed by the Forensic Diagnostic Center in Mansfield. However, Judge Ronald P. Forsthoefel filed a judgment entry indicating the center needed more time to complete the report.

  10. #565
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    125
    i don't believe Shawn grate is a prolific killer


  11. #566
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6,287
    Attorneys for Shawn Grate, accused Ashland serial killer, seek delay
    Attorneys for accused serial killer Shawn Grate say their experts need more time to examine their client and have asked for a delay in his trial.

    Attorneys Rolf and Robert Whitney filed a motion Monday, Aug. 21, seeking a continuance. A hearing on the matter has been scheduled for 4:30 p.m. Monday, Aug. 28, before Ashland County Common Pleas Judge Ronald P. Forsthoefel.

  12. #567
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6,287
    Trial of accused serial killer Shawn Grate delayed until next year
    Suspected serial killer Shawn Grate will have to wait until next year for his day in court.

    Grate's trial was moved from Nov. 6 to April 9 on Monday. Ashland County Common Pleas Judge Ron Forsthoefel granted a defense motion to continue the trial to give two expert witnesses more time to prepare.

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38


Similar Threads

  1. Found Deceased OH - Stacey Stanley, 43, Greenwich, 8 Sept 2016 *Arrest*
    By Gardener1850 in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-02-2017, 01:49 AM
  2. Found Alive IL - KD, 13, & CD, 2 weeks, Madison County, 18 Sept 2016 *Arrest*
    By los2188 in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 473
    Last Post: 10-26-2017, 12:36 AM
  3. Found Safe VA - Tahjaia Corum Hill, 17, Ashland, 28 Sept 2016
    By Gardener1850 in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-02-2016, 06:26 PM
  4. Found Safe UT - Michael Laughlin, 21, Utah County, 30 Sept 2016
    By Gardener1850 in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-01-2016, 06:20 PM

Tags for this Thread