1232 users online (269 members and 963 guests)  

Websleuths News

AZ - Phoenix Arizona driver hits officers, faces attempted murder charges

September 13, 2016

Arizona driver hits officers, faces attempted murder charges

A man is facing three counts of attempted first-degree murder for driving toward a group of Phoenix police officers outside a gas station, striking two of them, authorities said.
    Three officers were injured after Marc LaQuon Payne apparently drove his vehicle at the officers before hitting a patrol car and crashing into the front of the QuikTrip store around 2 a.m. Tuesday.

"We are confident that this is an intentional act," Phoenix Police Chief Joseph Yahner said at an afternoon news conference. "Our officers were targeted. I'm outraged by this incident. This stuff needs to stop."

<SNIP>

Police released a store surveillance video of the incident. It shows a vehicle backing out of a parking space, circling the parking lot and then accelerating toward the three police officers.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/09/13...r-charges.html
    Jesus Wept. John 11:35 KJV

September 13, 2016
    8:05 PM ET

Surveillance Video Shows Moment Suspect Tries to Run Over 3 Phoenix Police Officers With Car

http://abcnews.go.com/US/surveillanc...ry?id=42068647

The video is terrible to watch.The officer who flew through the air actually hit the glass of the storefront and immediately jumped right in to help apprehend the perp. And he is the one who is in the hospital. A mere concussion, you know. His first day on the job, too . . . he's quite a guy!

The perp deliberately drove the car straight at the officers, and all three officers responded as a team. I am so proud of them and so glad that none of them were killed.

Sadly, this didn't get much notice, did it?

I am thankful all three of these officers survived and I hope the officers that were injured will fully recover.

Quote Originally Posted by teedie2 View Post
    The video is terrible to watch.The officer who flew through the air actually hit the glass of the storefront and immediately jumped right in to help apprehend the perp. And he is the one who is in the hospital. A mere concussion, you know. His first day on the job, too . . . he's quite a guy!

The perp deliberately drove the car straight at the officers, and all three officers responded as a team. I am so proud of them and so glad that none of them were killed.

Sadly, this didn't get much notice, did it?
    No, it didn't get much notice at all, which is unfortunate. What's amazing (and commendable, in my opinion) is that the officers took the perp down while they were injured and without shooting him, deploying a stun gun "multiple times" to finally subdue him (source). In my opinion, the officers showed incredible restraint, all things considered.
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality." - Ayn Rand

Posts are my opinion only.

September 18, 2016

Suspect driver who hit Phoenix police officers hospitalized

A suspect accused of deliberately plowing his car into three Phoenix police officers has been hospitalized.

The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office said Sunday that 44-year-old Marc LaQuon Payne was transported to a hospital Wednesday and has yet to return to the jail.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/09/18...pitalized.html

Why in the H*** did that nut do this? This takes mean and stupid to a whole new level! Very happy to hear the officers and the people in the store are all going to be OK.