GUILTY AZ - Phoenix driver hits officers, faces attempted murder charges, Sept 2016

GeeEm

Reaction score
September 13, 2016

Arizona driver hits officers, faces attempted murder charges

A man is facing three counts of attempted first-degree murder for driving toward a group of Phoenix police officers outside a gas station, striking two of them, authorities said.
Three officers were injured after Marc LaQuon Payne apparently drove his vehicle at the officers before hitting a patrol car and crashing into the front of the QuikTrip store around 2 a.m. Tuesday.

"We are confident that this is an intentional act," Phoenix Police Chief Joseph Yahner said at an afternoon news conference. "Our officers were targeted. I'm outraged by this incident. This stuff needs to stop."

<SNIP>

Police released a store surveillance video of the incident. It shows a vehicle backing out of a parking space, circling the parking lot and then accelerating toward the three police officers.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/09/1...-officers-faces-attempted-murder-charges.html

September 13, 2016
8:05 PM ET

Surveillance Video Shows Moment Suspect Tries to Run Over 3 Phoenix Police Officers With Car&#8203;

HT_surrveliance_hb_160913_12x5_1600.jpg

http://abcnews.go.com/US/surveillan...-suspect-run-phoenix-police/story?id=42068647

The video is terrible to watch.The officer who flew through the air actually hit the glass of the storefront and immediately jumped right in to help apprehend the perp. And he is the one who is in the hospital. A mere concussion, you know. His first day on the job, too . . . he's quite a guy!

The perp deliberately drove the car straight at the officers, and all three officers responded as a team. I am so proud of them and so glad that none of them were killed.

Sadly, this didn't get much notice, did it?

I am thankful all three of these officers survived and I hope the officers that were injured will fully recover.

The video is terrible to watch.The officer who flew through the air actually hit the glass of the storefront and immediately jumped right in to help apprehend the perp. And he is the one who is in the hospital. A mere concussion, you know. His first day on the job, too . . . he's quite a guy!

The perp deliberately drove the car straight at the officers, and all three officers responded as a team. I am so proud of them and so glad that none of them were killed.

Sadly, this didn't get much notice, did it?

No, it didn't get much notice at all, which is unfortunate. What's amazing (and commendable, in my opinion) is that the officers took the perp down while they were injured and without shooting him, deploying a stun gun "multiple times" to finally subdue him (source). In my opinion, the officers showed incredible restraint, all things considered.

September 18, 2016

Suspect driver who hit Phoenix police officers hospitalized

A suspect accused of deliberately plowing his car into three Phoenix police officers has been hospitalized.

The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office said Sunday that 44-year-old Marc LaQuon Payne was transported to a hospital Wednesday and has yet to return to the jail.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/09/1...hit-phoenix-police-officers-hospitalized.html

Why in the H*** did that nut do this? This takes mean and stupid to a whole new level! Very happy to hear the officers and the people in the store are all going to be OK.

A Jan. 28 trial has been set for a man accused of deliberately plowing a car into three Phoenix police officers two years ago outside a convenience store in west Phoenix.

Marc Laquon Payne has pleaded not guilty to attempted murder, aggravated assault and other charges in the September 2016 attack.

Trial set for man accused of plowing car into 3 officers

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back