NY - Joanna Beauzier, 22, stabbed to death, Brooklyn, 13 Sept 2016

GeeEm

Reaction score
September 13, 2016
10:57 AM ET

Mom stabbed to death while pushing tot in stroller

A young mother who was trying to get her life in order was stabbed to death in Brooklyn as she pushed her infant son in a stroller early Tuesday, cops said.

Joanna Beauzier, 22, was walking near the corner of Bristol Street and Lott Avenue with the 9-month-old boy at around 12:45 a.m. when she got into a fight with another woman in front of 531 Bristol Street, according to police.

As the drama escalated, the female assailant pulled out a knife and stabbed Beauzier — a former foster kid — in the chest. Officers later found her lying a short distance from the stroller.

She was rushed to Brookdale Hospital, where she was pronounced dead. Her baby was not hurt.

<SNIP>

Cops arrested a woman on Tuesday afternoon in connection to the stabbing, police sources said. She was still awaiting charges as of 6 p.m.

<SNIP>

Cops said they don’t yet have a motive for the murder and are still investigating.

http://nypost.com/2016/09/13/mom-stabbed-to-death-while-pushing-tot-in-stroller/

So sad. On a side note, I cannot believe the term "baby daddy" was used to describe the child's father by the journalist.
ITA. Identifying the victim as a "former foster KID" is also demeaning, IMO. I'm appalled by so-called journalists today who use slang terms that are offensive to readers and in some cases offensive to the subject of their writing. I consider this downright disrespectful. It's hard to determine whether the writer is being judgmental or simply lacks skills in proper English usage.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suvendudash
Back