Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to thread # 3 of "Was Burke Involved?"

It will be interesting to read how many of you have changed your opinion of Burke after watching two out of the three interviews with Burke and Dr. Phil.

What a lot of people came away with (myself included) is how in the world could Lin Wood or John Ramsey allow Burke to be interviewed?

Burke is an adult so perhaps there was nothing they could do to stop him. However, I got the impression that Burke would rather be anywhere else in the world than with Dr. Phil answering questions.

Continue posting and thank you for participating.

Tricia

Was Burke Involved ? # 1

Was Burke Involved ? # 2

My posts aren't showing for me, so here goes nothing. The only reason I can possibly fathom for Burke doing Phil is the CBS documentary is about to make him look really really bad and he has to do something because after what we've just seen there's NO WAY Lin Wood is going to sue anyone and have them question Burke under oath. Burke is involved like a mistress and a married man.

*The truth is out there*

The reason they wanted BR to go on Dr Phil is to counter the CBS special, which from all indications hints at a BDI theory. Also, the ID documentary, which if you read between the lines, seems to be going in that general direction as well (the family friend who opened tonight's epidose by mentioning BR hitting JonBenet with a golf club).

I think they reasoned that it would look far worse for BR to remain silent.

Just bringing this over from thread #2. I want to thank you, IBsleuthin, for your kindness.

(My greatest condolences on the passing of your child).

This is the exact response from a child that I would expect. They often continue to include the loved one who had passed as a way of dealing with the loss. As I've posted before, when I watched the video of him talking about why he didn't include her in the drawing, I got chills down my spine.

...And also to add that as a family we are very open and encourage our kids to talk about their feelings, we aren't the type of family that tries to pretend the trauma of loss never happened. This could also be why my youngest feels so secure in including his sibling in drawings and generally having moments of remembrance. IMO it does seem like there is some suppression going on with BR, intentionally or subconsciously, maybe he was never encouraged to remember, discouraged even.

I think the DP show is not going the way the Ramsey's and their team planned for it to go.
I just wonder if they are about to bring out a surprise for BR. They must have something on him maybe a friend he confided in is going to come forward? I can't imagine another reason at the moment. I feel like he was part of her death whether he witnessed it or hit her. PR wrote that RN. She wouldn't cover for an intruder. But she would cover for Burke. Or herself. It wasn't an intruder in my opinion. I'm sticking with my possible scenario theory for right now.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what to make of Dr. Phil interview just yet.

I will say I'm surprised that the interview is presented in a way that makes Burke seem suspicious. I think most of us (myself included) assumed beforehand that it would be presented in a way to make audiences sympathetic with him and make him less suspicious.

I think maybe that was DP's initial idea until he watched the unseen videos and knew what he was seeing. After meeting BR in person it probably made it even more apparent that JBR story needed to be told even if it had to be done by "reading between the lines."
I think DP knew exactly what he was dealing with and wanted it out there. You can tell that DP is almost in shock as BR sits there with that creepy smile and answers questions about his murdered sister like he could care less.
Both of those kids were wetting the bed. Someone was abusing them imho. Classic red flag.
He was cold, detached and uncaring. He didn't even seem to care that it's coming across that way. He had to know.
I wish DP would tell him to wipe that smile off his face and question him hard about what really happened.
I think he would break easily and spill the beans.
Here's the chance to get to the truth. Go for it!

Episode 2 was way better than the 1st one too. You got to see more lies from both JR and BR.

I think maybe that was DP's initial idea until he watched the unseen videos and knew what he was seeing. After meeting BR in person it probably made it even more apparent that JBR story needed to be told even if it had to be done by "reading between the lines."
I think DP knew exactly what he was dealing with and wanted it out there. You can tell that DP is almost in shock as BR sits there with that creepy smile and answers questions about his murdered sister like he could care less.
Both of those kids were wetting the bed. Someone was abusing them imho. Classic red flag.
He was cold, detached and uncaring. He didn't even seem to care that it's coming across that way. He had to know.
I wish DP would tell him to wipe that smile off his face and question him hard about what really happened.
I think he would break easily and spill the beans.
Here's the chance to get to the truth. Go for it!

ita.thats why he refused to talk to police a few years back.he woul crack instantly.it is easier to lie when you are nine.lets not call it lying...to hold things back

This is my first post here and I haven't figured out how to quote people.
Having watched the two episodes of Dr Phil interviewing Burke things which have me puzzled/wondering
How was Burke educated after the death of JBR if he (as Dr Phil reports) didn't go to school? To me this indicates the parents wanted to keep Burke from giving away family secrets rather than that they wanted to protect him from media etc. Plenty of high profile kids go to school.
Interesting that John said he put Burke to bed with the torch after first denying it was even their torch and then saying it was one his older son had given him.
John also said he helped Burke complete the model he wanted to play with - now Burke says he sneaked downstairs. Was John lying and if so why?
I thought I read somewhere that the lifelike doll was given to JonBenet when she was younger, not this Christmas, also he already had a train set which he used in the basement and moved upstairs to go under the tree in his room. Did he get another? I thought it was just Jon Benet and Patsy who received bicycles this Christmas.
When Dr Phil shows him the ransom note he says the writing is sloppy which is the same word as John used to "prove" it wasn't Patsy's at depositions. It seems weird that someone whose sister suffered this terrible fate would say 20 years later that he had never read the note. Unless you already knew who had killed your sister why wouldn't you read it????
James Kolar states in his book that he was puzzled by the fact that Burke is smiling in photos taken by police of the three Ramseys on the afternoon of the 28th Dec.Looks like Burke smiled inappropriately even then.

Welcome Petal! You have some excellent points and questions!
I believe that he finished the school year in Bolder and the family basically couch surfed until school was out for the summer. I don't believe they went back to the house.
He continued school in Atlanta, Georgia and if I'm not mistaken they lived either across the street or very close to the school.
Yes agreed about the torch! So many lies over something so simple. I swear if this family's mouth is moving they are lying.
Agreed on the train too. Very weird. Don't forget that during the time he had snuck down stairs, someone was trying to kidnap his sister.
So many levels and layers of deceit it just gets deeper and wider at every turn.
He also said he hadn't read the ransom note but he'd seen pictures of it. Again weird!
That smile of his is super creepy too. Shivers.

I was always RDI strictly because of dolls the Ramseys removed from the crime scene. I had a Patsy leaning, it seemed blatantly abusive to bleach the hair of a child so young. As the years progressed the dolls were not investigated and no charges were filed so it seemed Burke was involved and his age prevented prosecution. Knowing doll fibers linked the parents to a cover-up fostered this theory. That is where I've been for years now, BDI. Burke struck her and the parents staged the rest. Kolar's revelation about Burke's encopresis cemented my theory. Now that I've seen 2 Dr Phil tapes I'm more convinced. Burke is as creepy as Charles Manson. Burke is off the charts emotionally. Dr Phil glosses over this and says he's "socially awkward" because of Jonbenet's death. It's more likely Jonbenet is dead because he was socially awkward. Both kids exhibited symptoms and behaviors associated with being the victim of sexual abuse, most likely by the half brother. A teenager from a broken home with a bedroom down the hall.

John can't face the truth, it's too dark. JAR and Pam Paugh hold answers to solving the mystery but in the end Burke can never be charged, that will never change, he was too young.

If he did attend school then why did Dr Phil say he didn't and use this as an excuse for his social awkwardness? I agree that it is more likely that JonBenet is dead because of Burke's social awkwardness.

I'm not sure what to make of Dr. Phil interview just yet.

I will say I'm surprised that the interview is presented in a way that makes Burke seem suspicious. I think most of us (myself included) assumed beforehand that it would be presented in a way to make audiences sympathetic with him and make him less suspicious.
I will say that on another forum I am on...not a crime forum but a certain vacation destination forum...they are talking about the JBR case and they are mostly IDI and do see the Dr P interview in sympathetic ways. Like 'that poor boy's life has been ruined and now he's a mess'.

I will say that on another forum I am on...not a crime forum but a certain vacation destination forum...they are talking about the JBR case and they are mostly IDI and do see the Dr P interview in sympathetic ways. Like 'that poor boy's life has been ruined and now he's a mess'.

Yes it's a shame that they have also destroyed Burkes life as well , even if he did kill Jon that night it's all down to his upbringing and emotionally his parents have failed him from the get go IMO

And if he is innocent they have still destroyed his life by the continual lies and keeping him on a dog lead in case he screwed up and reveals something. John must be prettified that he will die and Burke will reveal all as he is the weakest member of that team and they know it.

MOO

Wow, Charles Manson! And I was thinking that the one positive thing about these interviews is that Burke didn't come across like a Charles Manson type. I stand corrected.

This is my first post here and I haven't figured out how to quote people.

Welcome. I'm new here too. I watched the interview and dropping eye contact looking to the side is pretty telling for me.

Of course John and Patsy covered for him. They haven't been consistent from the get go.

Speaking of Kolar I'm re-reading his book on Kindle right now. Linda Arndt states John disappeared around 1040 and didn't reappear until noon. That's a red flag too.

Pam is the one who removed the dolls from the home.

That's interesting. I was wondering how folks less familiar with the story would perceive Burke. This may work out better for him than we think. Maybe google will invite him over for a tour.

Are they older or retired? I find older people going by the A&E documentary. The ones who read People magazine and take it as truth. There's a couple grandmas on People forum who have a hard on for Burke and they shoot down everyone who dares "attack poor Burke" or the Ramseys. They spend the whole day there yenta-ring about how it was an intruder and nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member