CA CA - San Bernardino Co, WhtMale UP8678, 55-69, in hobo camp, Hamilton watch, Jun'64

Romulus

Ivan
Reaction score
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1628umca.html

The Doe Network

1628UMCA1.jpg
1628UMCA2.jpg
1628UMCA.jpg

victim's pocket watch (front and back); Replica of the pocketwatch

Unidentified Male

Date of Discovery: June 18, 1964
Location of Discovery: Colton, San Bernardino County, California
Estimated Date of Death: 10-14 days prior
State of Remains: Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction
Cause of Death: Unknown
Physical Description

** Listed information is approximate

Estimated Age: 55-69 years old
Race: White
Height: 5'6" to 5'8"
Weight: 140-160 lbs.
Hair Color: Gray, balding.
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Wore a gray mustache and a few days growth of beard.
Dentals: Not available. Edentulous except for one lower molar (unknown if right or left).
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: Available. Head (frontal sinus) x-rays are available.
Clothing & Personal Items

Clothing: Gray plaid shirt, two pairs of gray or green pants, brown lace boots, blue socks, gray cap, tan jacket. Other clothing was present at the scene but no description is available.
Jewelry: Found at the time of exhumation for DNA (April 15, 2011) was an open-face, railroad-style Hamilton Watch Company(Lancaster, PA, Model 992 Serial #1233971, Manufactured 1915). The watch case was manufactured by Illinois Watchcase Co. - Spartan (serial #958339). Inside the back cover of the cases were two etched number/letter groups which appear to be as follows: "M11374H" and "P249-8" - the obscured numbers may be "7" and "2".
Additional Personal Items: A leather key case bore the initials "W.D.P."
Case History

The victim's body was located in a hobo camp near the Southern Pacific Railroad tracks in Colton.
Investigating Agency(s)

If you have any information about this case please contact;

Agency Name: San Bernardino County Sheriff Department - Coroner Division
Agency Contact Person: Robert Hunter
Agency Phone Number: 909-387-2978

Agency Case Number: ME: 25975; John Doe #01-64
NCIC Case Number: N/A
NamUs Case Number: UP #8678
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.
Information Source(s)

NamUs

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/4021dmtx.html

The height and weight are both off a bit. All three initials match the W.D.P. The circumstances don't seem to match up.

Name: William Durrell Patterson
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: March 5-6, 1957
Location Last Seen: El Paso, El Paso County, Texas
Physical Description
Date of Birth: July 23, 1904
Race: White
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 200 lbs.
Hair Color: Gray
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown
Identifiers
Dentals: Unknown
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Unknown
Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Unknown, but known as a good dresser.
Jewelry: Unknown, but usually wore expensive jewelry.
Additional Personal Items: Unknown
Circumstances of Disappearance
<
William and his wife Margaret Patterson left their home at 3000 Piedmont Avenue the night of March 5, 1957, or possibly early the next morning, without any indication they intended to be away more than a few hours.
The house was found in disarray, with dishes unwashed, underwear and a pair of Mrs. Patterson's stockings on a bed, and other indications the Pattersons did not know they were leaving for a long time. Tommy, the yellow-and-white cat that was Mrs. Patterson's most precious possession, also was left behind. Their automobiles were left at their house. There was no sign of a struggle.
Associates of the Pattersons told authorities in the 1950s that the couple left to go on an extended vacation to Florida, and later, that they sent word that they weren't coming back. A friend of the Pattersons, reported the couple missing August 15, 1957, five months after they were last seen in El Paso. A neighbor stated that she was at the Patterson's home the night they disappeared and that Mrs. Patterson seemed very upset and Mr. Patterson seemed unhappy that the neighbor was there. The neighbors also noted unusual activity at the Patterson's later that night.
El Paso authorities convened a rare court of inquiry, also known as an inquest, to look into the couple's whereabouts, but the inquiry failed to find them.
The Pattersons owned Patterson Photo Supply near Downtown. Patterson also owned an interest in a high-end boat company, property in Guaymas, Mexico, the house, a boat and a Cadillac. Associates told police that William Patterson had sent written instructions on how he wanted to dispose of his business and private properties. A letter signed "W.D. Patterson" stated that Patterson wanted his properties to be distributed among Doyle D.G. Kirkland, a friend and manager of Duffy's Photo Supply store; his business auditor; and an employee of Patterson who was 24 at the time. It was unusual for Patterson to leave his property to those people, considering that he had at least two living relatives at the time, his father and a sister. Kirkland was the last person who was at the Patterson house before the couple vanished. He was helping Patterson work on his boat in the garage at the house.
Several sightings of the couple were reported in Mexico and the United States, but sheriff's officials were never able to confirm any of them.
The case was reopened in 1984 when an undocumented worker who was hired to clean the home after the Pattersons vanished said he saw blood under and around the water heater in the garage, and a piece of human scalp on the propeller of Patterson's boat. He found a pair of jeans with a Rolex watch that belonged to Patterson, and said he also saw one of Patterson's associates remove bloody sheets from the home and put them inside the trunk of a car. He did not talk to police sooner because he was an illegal immigrant at the time.

I've report this case as Mr Patterson it's been sent to Le.

I've report this case as Mr Patterson it's been sent to Le.
I wish I had searched this website closer because I just submitted the same possible match on the doenetwork. I think the fit is really close personally, but maybe I am creating a scenario to make this man work. Weight loss could happen when on the run or hiding for seven years. The only thing is the height but they are estimates. Can someone tell me once a match has been submitted do you ever here back on if they considered it or not?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back