1112 users online (260 members and 852 guests)  

Websleuths News

CO - Christopher Harvey, 14, Hinsdale County, 11 July 1984

NamUs

Doe Network

Charley Project

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
    Missing Since: July 11, 1984 from Hinsdale County, Colorado
    Classification: Non-Family Abduction
    Date Of Birth: August 9, 1969
    Height and Weight: 5'11, 135 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian male. Light brown hair, hazel eyes. Christopher has moles on both of his arms and on the upper right side of his chest. His nickname is Chris.
    Clothing/Jewelry Description: A long-sleeved brown or tan plaid shirt, blue jeans, a leather Western-style belt with the buckle inscribed "CHRIS", Nike hiking shoes with red laces, and a black digital watch.

Details of Disappearance
    Christopher and his family were staying at their summer trailer home in Hinsdale County, Colorado in July 1984. The residence was located in a mobile home park on the edge of the San Juan National Forest, approximately 17 miles northwest of Pagosa Springs, Colorado. Christopher visited a neighbor's trailer on July 11, 1984 and spoke to him about a band camp he planned to attend later in the summer. He left the friend's home at approximately 3:30 p.m. He disappeared when he went to go walk his dog. The dog came back home, but Christopher has never been seen again. Authorities initially believed he had gone for a hike and gotten lost. They stated he is an excellent backpacker, but did not have the necessary supplies for an extended time in the forest. An extensive search of the surrounding area turned up no sign of him, and investigators concluded he was almost certainly not in the county.

A badly beaten teenager was found wandering around on a mountain road in Eagle County, Colorado six weeks after Christopher's disappearance. He couldn't say who he was and he wasn't carrying any identification. He was taken to the hospital and fell into a coma, suffering from extensive brain damage. The boy had severe facial injuries, but Christopher's parents identified him as their son. Several days later, they began to have doubts about the identification and did a dental records comparison. The injured boy was not Christopher.

Foul play is now suspected in Christopher's disappearance. His case remains unsolved. He was a resident of Andrews, Texas in 1984; Texas authorities are assisting with the investigation.

A Family Presses Search for Son Who Is Missing - November 1984

Did they ever identify whom the other boy with the facial injuries was? If these kids were both victims of a disappearance and they both were in or around the same area doesn't that raise some flags being that the kids were closely correlated in time and distance ? What ever happened to this wrongly identified boy?

This is a odd story but as a parent I can't imagine how badly these guys wanted that kid to be there lost child, crushing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks JusticeWillBeServed. You beat me to it.

I've moved this thread into Missing Persons Discussion so it has more visibility.

Quote Originally Posted by VT802 View Post
    Did they ever identify whom the other boy with the facial injuries was? If these kids were both victims of a disappearance and they both were in or around the same area doesn't that raise some flags being that the kids were closely correlated in time and distance ? What ever happened to this wrongly identified boy?

This is a odd story but as a parent I can't imagine how badly these guys wanted that kid to be there lost child, crushing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    (modsnip)

ETA: MSM link: http://www.nytimes.com/1984/11/04/us...s-missing.html

ETA2: A bit more on Scoot Yoos via MSM: https://news.google.com/newspapers?n...,2508852&hl=en
    Last edited by bessie; 09-18-2016 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Snipped copy and paste from banned site.

Bringing this link over from JG's thread: It's not the article, it's the first comment under the article from 2011, the poster states she saw Christopher in California with two men and he was in trouble and terrified. She called "lost children" but doesn't say anything about calling LE. I wonder if it was really him.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/02/10...-year-old-boy/

http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...caseNum=603350