CA - Ramon Salcido facing execution in '89 killing spree

cinsbythesea

Reaction score
I looked and didn't see this posted anywhere-hopefully this is not a duplicate thread. Ramon Salcido and his horrendous murders of his wife in 1989, his wife's relatives and his three daughters made me realize for the first time that maybe the death penalty wasn't such a bad thing after all. After murdering his wife, his wife's mother and his wife's sisters, then his employer he took his three young daughters, youngest about 22 months and slit their throats and threw them away to die in a dump :razz: :razz: :razz:

One of the daughters, Carmina lived. I always wondered how she fared, emotionally and physically. Now after all these years, she is telling part of her story. What a strong young woman she is.

http://www.kron.com/Global/story.asp?S=4072174&nav=5D7i

As an aside--I know one of the San Mateo's deputies that transported Salcido to San Mateo County for the trial due to change of venue. As they were driving past San Quentin to get to Redwood City, he said he looked at Salcido, pointed out San Quentin and said see that place, that's going to be your new home. Thank god he was right.

I was working in the area at the time. I have always thought of the little girl that managed to survive. Thank you for sharing the link.

Thank you Cins. I remember that horrific tradegy & I have often wondered what had happened to any survivors. Isn't it time he was put down????? Lets clear the monsters off the Earth!. I wish I could do something to help.

I recall this case. What a horrific ordeal for this young girl to remember. Hope she finds peace.

fran

Wow. What a sad story. I am so glad that this little girl fought and survived. What a monster her father is. Good riddance.

how can people do these things, its madness!!!

We were discussing this in our criminal law class because, of course I'm here in Sonoma County and the professor works in the Public Defenders office.

There are many people here in LE and the medical community that will never forgert the MASS murder spree here. The fact that he slit the throats of his three young daughters is madness.

Carmina went to visit him in San Quentin - can you imagine?

She is very strong. I wish her the very best and I'm going to buy her book so that I know my money will be going to a person who could use a great break.

It's the anniversary of that time around here so everyone's been talking about it and we are all disgusted that the monster hasn't been executed yet.

Ramon Salcido murdered his wife, two daughters, mother-in-law, two young sisters-in-law, and a co-worker in April 1989. Carmina survived her throat being slashed. Lots of interesting comments at the end of article about whether Carmina should have custody of her daughter.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20140413/articles/140419786

Yet today, as Carmina approaches her 28th birthday, a sustained upturn in her life continues to elude her.

She is minimally employed and relies on others for most basic needs, but her greatest crisis is the prospect that she may permanently lose custody of her own daughter, Zophia Angela Salcido. The child, nicknamed Zoe, is virtually the same age that Carmina was at the time of the 1989 killing spree that left her an orphan with nightmares and a scar clear across her neck.

Zoe, who turned 3 on Sunday, lives with foster parents in Santa Rosa. County child-protection officials took her from Carmina and her former boyfriend, Matthew Inocencio, early last year upon finding evidence that her safety was in jeopardy from factors that included drug use, poor judgment and “chronic domestic violence.”

Wow! I remembered when her father committed the murders. It was big news at the time and I had just moved up here. Never found out what happened to her. I feel sorry for her because it looks like she went from one bad environment to another without ever having good parenting role models. No wonder she turned to drugs. I sincerely hope she is able to turn her life around and be able to be a good mother to her daughter.

Poor woman, what a difficult life she has had. It sounds like she is trying hard though, which is more than can be said for some who had it much easier than she did.

Many blessings to her. :rose:

http://www.ktvu.com/videos/news/cotati-daughter-who-survived-fathers-ramage/vCXwYL/

COTATI, Calif. —
25 years after the infamous rampage by winery worker Ramon Salcido left seven people including his wife and two daughters dead in Sonoma County, KTVU talked to Salcido's sole surviving daughter about finding healing through her voice.
Her first name "Carmina" means song. Her last name "Salcido" brings back memories of the horrific crime committed by her father on April 14, 1989. She told KTVU she thinks of the mother and two sisters she lost every day.
"I tell them how much I miss them. I know that they're with me," said 27-year-old Carmina.

Wow! I remembered when her father committed the murders. It was big news at the time and I had just moved up here. Never found out what happened to her. I feel sorry for her because it looks like she went from one bad environment to another without ever having good parenting role models. No wonder she turned to drugs. I sincerely hope she is able to turn her life around and be able to be a good mother to her daughter.

I plan to get the book she wrote several years ago "Not Lost Forever", which has more about the murders and Carmina's (her name was changed to Cecelia) later life in Missouri.

Her grandparents were members of the fundamental Catholic group The American Society for the Defense of Tradition, Family and Property (known as TFP) as were the couple who adopted her. I had read that Carmina's mother Angela when a teenager rebelled against the religion and that's what brought Ramon into their lives. Angela had three brothers, I'm wondering if they are still involved in the group.

Here's a picture of teenage Carmina, in prairie clothes, with her grandfather.

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/slideshow?id=8816764&imageid=8816393

More about TFP
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Society_for_the_Defense_of_Tradition,_Family_and_Property

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back