GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 Aug 2014 - Enrique Arochi kidnapping trial #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldpizza

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Trial set for man accused of kidnapping Christina Morris from Plano's Shops at Legacy

Valerie Wigglesworth

1472180295-morris-and-arochi.JPG

After two years, hundreds of tips and an arrest, family and friends still don't know what happened to Christina Morris.

The 23-year-old woman hasn't been seen since she walked with an acquaintance into a Plano parking garage. The time stamp on the Shops at Legacy surveillance video was 3:55 a.m. Aug. 30, 2014.

Despite intense, high-profile pleas and searches by authorities and those close to Morris, her whereabouts remain unknown.

On Sept. 6, all eyes will shift to a Collin County courtroom where the man accused in her disappearance is set to go on trial. Enrique Arochi, 26, is the acquaintance from that surveillance video. He has said he doesn't know what happened to Morris.

Plano police charged him with aggravated kidnapping, a first-degree felony that carries a penalty of up to life in prison. Arochi has pleaded not guilty.

Media Thread

Thread 1 Thread 2 Thread 3

Gabriel Roxas CBS 11

Valerie Wigglesworth Dallas News

L.P. Phillips CBSDFW

Natalie Solis FOX4

Jobin Panicker WFFA

Alice Barr NBC5

Alex Boyer Fox4

The Mercury

Jurors In Christina Morris Case Could Leave To See Car
By Vanessa Brown | CBSDFW.COM
September 16, 2016 6:09 AM

After nearly two weeks inside of a courtroom, the jury in Enrique Arochi’s kidnapping trial could be taking a field trip on Friday. The suspect’s car is a key piece of evidence in this case. Rather than just showing the jury some pictures of the vehicle, they may get to see it in person.

[...]

Prosecutors in this case want to bring the jury members to a secure location where they can see Arochi’s vehicle for themselves and get a better understanding of what is being alleged. It is rare for a jury to leave the courtroom like this. “There’s a lot more emotion tied to actually seeing the car,” defense attorney Stephanie Holan said, comparing it to another high-profile trial

Tow truck has brought Camaro to courthouse. [video=twitter;776755569554100224]https://twitter.com/mhernandezwfaa/status/776755569554100224[/video]

More video of Camaro for the non-Tweeters
[video=twitter;776759224093114370]https://twitter.com/vanessabrowntv/status/776759224093114370[/video]

This is totally O/T but what is EA wearing in that mugshot? I thought maybe it was one of those anti suicide shirts but it doesn't look like one

This is totally O/T but what is EA wearing in that mugshot? I thought maybe it was one of those anti suicide shirts but it doesn't look like one

It's a towel. Some counties in Texas do that in all booking photos so that color of clothing doesn't distract a witness in a photo lineup.

Broke a tooth last night. I am fine but I may have to leave if it starts hurting. lol Only saying this as an FYI don't need any pain pill posting lol

Good Morning !! Exciting news about the camero at the court house this morning !!

Hopefully we will get a lot more incriminating info today than an "Olive jar" LOL
I will try to be following here all day while working also :)

[video=twitter;776762327139921920]https://twitter.com/MHernandezWFAA/status/776762327139921920[/video]

[video=twitter;776764508953911297]https://twitter.com/KRLD/status/776764508953911297[/video]

Too bad someone doesn't get the passenger side so maybe we could zoom in on the front. Maybe they will as it leaves ;)

Kinda makes my tummy queezy looking at that car. :please: And praying for CM family. I can't imagine the emotion of them being at the courthouse and possibly seeing that vehicle go by. Never know.

Too bad someone doesn't get the passenger side so maybe we could zoom in on the front. Maybe they will as it leaves ;)

Kinda makes my tummy queezy looking at that car. :please: And praying for CM family. I can't imagine the emotion of them being at the courthouse and possibly seeing that vehicle go by. Never know.

Interested to hear the rules for the field trip regarding media...

woah

L.P. Phillips ‏@lpphillips 28s28 seconds ago Manhattan, NY
A sign the judge will let the jury see Arochi car--a member of the defense team says snipers are on the roof of the courthouse #arochitrial

I curious too. I bet the court officials really had to go through a lot. Never think about all they had to do till read an article last evening. Court reporter, jury safety, (duh the defendant) but security wise for public and media to view. Then to get the jury, court reporter, defendant all back to courtroom after the 10 min or so viewing. Praying goes off without a hitch

Scott Sidway ‏@ScottyWK 49m49 minutes ago Arlington, TX
Probably won't be there if present this right at 830 but curious how courtroom rules in effect outside #arochitrial

woah

L.P. Phillips ‏@lpphillips 28s28 seconds ago Manhattan, NY
A sign the judge will let the jury see Arochi car--a member of the defense team says snipers are on the roof of the courthouse #arochitrial

Whaaa? Seems a bit drastic but I guess better safe than sorry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member