Utah Cheerleaders Feel 'Body Shamed' After Male Classmate Complains That Their Skirts

Fairy1

VOTE!!!
Reaction score
This INFURIATES me!!!

https://www.yahoo.com/style/utah-cheerleaders-feel-body-shamed-190453362.html

Last week, when a male student at Timpview High School in Provo, Utah, complained to a school counselor that the uniforms worn by cheerleaders on game day were causing him to have “impure” thoughts in class, the conversation could have ended there. But it didn’t.

After the teen said that he was distracted by the cheerleaders’ skirts and his mother emailed an administrator, the school’s cheerleading coach was alerted about the concerns, and 44 girls on the Timpview Thunderbirds’ cheer squads were told not to wear their uniforms to school last Friday before the football game against the Alta Hawks.

Ok..."impure" thoughts is offensive enough. But I would like to know of ONE high school boy that isn't having "impure" thoughts about females - or others - in general...ever.

This makes me sick.

Why hasn't anyone sat the boy down, told him he's normal & having normal thoughts - get used to it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I doubt he's even having the scary "impure thoughts." More likely he disapproves of their uniforms for not being modest enough.

Men want to control women and some of them start early.

Is this school in a highly conservative, Mormon area? Is there a large FDLS population nearby? I cannot imagine a teen boy telling his mom his thoughts are impure, unless there is a strong religious influence on him. Geographically, it does fall near some of those communities that treat women like second class citizens.
I'm in the BIble belt, in strong conservative NC, and even our cheerleaders are never told they cannot wear their UNIs. I will be surprised if this isn't a Mormon community or the complaining family.

Why hasn't anyone sat the boy down, told him he's normal & having normal thoughts - get used to it?

its possible he was raised in such a way that having those thoughts are a sin and not normal. JMO

its possible he was raised in such a way that having those thoughts are a sin and not normal. JMO

Schools are to educate. He obviously needs to be educated.

He might be happy in countries that go for the burka. He could have discussions on how women cause men to be lustful.

Perhaps that he has such impure thoughts that he cannot control, he should either start wearing a mask that covers his eyes or get intensive counseling to find out what his impure thoughts are and if he is tempted to rape.

This infuriates me too!!! This guy is a rapist in the making. It's all about how he can't control his urges based on what they were wearing, and I saw a photo of the skirts- not that immodest! What does he want? Burquas??? How about teaching men not to rape and that "No means NO!".:stormingmad::stormingmad::stormingmad:

Has the world gone mad? That's what cheerleading outfits are FOR. They're SUPPOSED to inspire lust in the boys on the team. Why is the boy upset, and why are the girls making statements like, this is sexualizing the cheerleader outfits? Of course they're sexualized!! These are not debate squad uniforms or marching band uniforms, or girls basketball uniforms.

I will say, in the picture in the original article, those are hands down the ugliest cheerleader uniforms I've ever seen in my life. I wonder if those are the real cheerleading outfits.

I keep getting surprised that so many are themselves surprised about this. Then I remember not everyone's been or lived in Utah. The predominant church there fosters this attitude, IMO. I grew up in that culture and, as a female there was a great deal of emphasis on purity, chastity, modesty. I remember visiting my sister at either byu or ricks college (now BYU Idaho) and going to class with her where there was a discussion about how the men should be willing to lay down their lives to protect a lady's virtue. I went to dance camp at BYU one summer and we weren't allowed into the dining halls while wearing shorts and so we took turns putting sweats on over our shorts to go eat. We had numerous church lessons that involved things like passing an unwrapped piece of chocolate around the class then asking for a volunteer to eat it and comparing the candy to a female who had been sullied by having sex. Elizabeth Smart has recently been in the news because she's speaking out about this. She had to sit through lessons comparing women to fences and how having sex before marriage is like putting a bunch of nails in a fence... Even when you take the nails out the fence isn't whole and pure anymore. It's disgusting and infuriating and very very shaming. Victims don't speak out when they're sexually assaulted because who wants to admit to being a dirty piece of chocolate or a used up piece of wood? And yes it's pretty much put on the females to make sure they stay pure by not wearing immodest, provocative clothing, or only going on group dates until you're super serious... It's very clear the girls are supposed to be sexually attractive but not TOO ENTICING, while the boys are told to only date and marry the virtuous girls. I could go on for days.

Finally got around to reading the People Magazine article at the link. I love this:

““Baseball players get to wear their tight pants,” one cheerleader tells PEOPLE, “and nobody ever makes a fuss. So if anybody is bothered by us wearing our uniforms to represent our school, then maybe they shouldn’t come to the football games.”

“Or maybe we should show up at the next game to cheer in our pioneer clothes,” she adds. “We’ll see if they have any 'impure’ thoughts about that.””​

This country has gone mad!

Oh, flourish! I'm glad you reminded me.

Utah:

[video=youtube;oartIE7rKuM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oartIE7rKuM[/video]

Oh, flourish! I'm glad you reminded me.

Utah:

[video=youtube;oartIE7rKuM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oartIE7rKuM[/video]
Oh goodness I feel like I need to go outside in this immodest tank top I'm wearing and shake my money maker over at the stake house down the street just to make up for watching that.

Yes, integrity and modesty are great, but geez peeps, have some self control... "if you could only see what I can see you'd understand why I need your modesty"??? Because you're a freaking pervert apparently who can't see me as a person if I don't have my knees and shoulders covered?

Most likely - and this is how you make effed up freaks who grow up to believe that all women are evil hos and sexuality is bad. And never mind about hormones and biology.

Take a look at the "pioneer" dresses worn by the women of the FLDS and then count how many children each of them have.

That video had a lot of suggestive moves . The pants are way too tight

The following is part of a poem, in part about this:

No more sharing what the hunter brings,
Now work for money then pay it back for things.

One time naked, felt no shame.
Now wear clothes to hide whats-his-name....

It goes on for a few other verses, but you get the idea.
It would take me too long to find the poem on the internet. :floorlaugh:

I doubt he's even having the scary "impure thoughts." More likely he disapproves of their uniforms for not being modest enough.

Men want to control women and some of them start early.

I think your statement is a little BROAD

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back