GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 Aug 2014 - Enrique Arochi kidnapping trial #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldpizza

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Trial set for man accused of kidnapping Christina Morris from Plano's Shops at Legacy

Valerie Wigglesworth

1472180295-morris-and-arochi.JPG

After two years, hundreds of tips and an arrest, family and friends still don't know what happened to Christina Morris.

The 23-year-old woman hasn't been seen since she walked with an acquaintance into a Plano parking garage. The time stamp on the Shops at Legacy surveillance video was 3:55 a.m. Aug. 30, 2014.

Despite intense, high-profile pleas and searches by authorities and those close to Morris, her whereabouts remain unknown.

On Sept. 6, all eyes will shift to a Collin County courtroom where the man accused in her disappearance is set to go on trial. Enrique Arochi, 26, is the acquaintance from that surveillance video. He has said he doesn't know what happened to Morris.

Plano police charged him with aggravated kidnapping, a first-degree felony that carries a penalty of up to life in prison. Arochi has pleaded not guilty.

Media Thread

Thread 1 Thread 2 Thread 3 Thread 4

Gabriel Roxas CBS 11

Valerie Wigglesworth Dallas News

L.P. Phillips CBSDFW

Natalie Solis FOX4

Jobin Panicker WFFA

Alice Barr NBC5

Alex Boyer Fox4

The Mercury

Prosecution Set To Rest In Christina Morris Kidnapping Trial
September 19, 2016 6:20 AM By Jennifer Lindgren

Jurors in the Christina Morris kidnapping trial have been listening to arguments which all point to Enrique Arochi being the person responsible for the 23-year-old woman’s disappearance from a Plano parking garage more than two years ago. But what do the suspect’s lawyers say happened on the night that Morris went missing?

The jury may get the answer to that question on Monday afternoon, as the prosecution is expected to rest their case after eight days of testimony.

Jennifer Lindgren ‏@JLindgrenCBS11 2h2 hours ago
After 8 days of making their case, prosecutors expect to rest today. 1-2 more witnesses before defense gets its turn. #arochitrial @CBSDFW
----

Good morning everyone.

Bringing forward the question about the "thanks for caring" text from the last thread, my guess would be that RA asked EA about his pretend headache from the night before and he was responding to that. JMO

Jennifer Lindgren ‏@JLindgrenCBS11 2h2 hours ago
After 8 days of making their case, prosecutors expect to rest today. 1-2 more witnesses before defense gets its turn. #arochitrial @CBSDFW
----

Good morning everyone.

We haven't heard from Jonni yet, will she testifying today?

We haven't heard from Jonni yet, will she testifying today?

I think so. Valerie Wigglesworth said lead detective, Robyn Busby and one unnamed civilian. I assume that's Jonni. I don't think Cathy Stamm was finished and released on Friday, so they may finish up with her.

Reporters haven't "checked in" yet on Twitter as of 2 mins ago. Impatient!!

Jennifer Lindgren ‏@JLindgrenCBS11 15s15 seconds ago
Jury not yet in - Arochi's defense attnys discussing witnesses they'll call. One is flying in from out of state. @cbsdfw #arochitrial

Valerie Wigglesworth ‏@vlwigg 26s26 seconds ago
Defense says Laterance Dunbar, who was subpoenaed as witness, can't be reached to testify. Court files writ against him #arochitrial

oh shiznit...

L.P. Phillips ‏@lpphillips 34s34 seconds ago Manhattan, NY
#BREAKING Defense lawyer says if he gets the case by 8:30 tomorrow, he could rest by noon. Could go to jury tom. or Wed.#arochitrial

Valerie Wigglesworth ‏@vlwigg 6s6 seconds ago
Dunbar is security guard that Morris and Foster met at one point #arochitrial

Valerie Wigglesworth ‏@vlwigg 26s26 seconds ago
.@PlanoPoliceDept Detective Cathy Stamm is still on the witness stand; defense gets to cross-examine her. Jury walking in now #arochitrial

Seems to me their defense ia going to be there is not enough evidence to convict my client. Doesnt sound like EA will testify. Just my opinion.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

L.P. Phillips ‏@lpphillips 29s30 seconds ago Manhattan, NY
Jury in, PPD det. Cathy Stamm back on stand. #arochitrial

Valerie Wigglesworth ‏@vlwigg 4m4 minutes ago
Defense says Laterance Dunbar, who was subpoenaed as witness, can't be reached to testify. Court files writ against him #arochitrial
1 retweet 4 likes
Reply Retweet 1
Like 4
More
s ‏@xxxxx 2m2 minutes ago
@vlwigg what's his significance?
0 retweets 0 likes
Reply Retweet
More
User Actions
Following

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account
‏@vlwigg
.@xxxxxxx Defense believes Morris sought his help after some threat; prosecutor says they were friends #arochitrial

Jennifer Lindgren ‏@JLindgrenCBS11 11s11 seconds ago
Happening now: Defense attorney Keith Gore cross examining Plano Police Detective Cathy Stamm (state's witness). #arochitrial @cbsdfw

Jennifer Lindgren ‏@JLindgrenCBS11 58s59 seconds ago
Gore is showing Detective Stamm photographs she took. @cbsdfw #arochitrial

Valerie Wigglesworth ‏@vlwigg 6s7 seconds ago
Defense asks about photos Stamm took of Arochi & Camaro after first interview 9/3/14; she doesn't recognize some pics #arochitrial

Just a thought I had. Unless there is more texting or calls that we dont know about between Hunter and Christina, it doesnt seem like they had a fight. It feels to me like she wanted him to meet her. His text messages to her didnt seem nasty. He just stopped responding. She seemed to get more upset the longer he didnt respond. If circumstances were different, I feel like she would have gone home and the following day would have been just another day.

Valerie Wigglesworth ‏@vlwigg 15s15 seconds ago
Defense says these are police photos turned over by state in discovery; Stamm says she isn't familiar with some of them #arochitrial

Just a thought I had. Unless there is more texting or calls that we dont know about between Hunter and Christina, it doesnt seem like they had a fight. It feels to me like she wanted him to meet her. His text messages to her didnt seem nasty. He just stopped responding. She seemed to get more upset the longer he didnt respond. If circumstances were different, I feel like she would have gone home and the following day would have been just another day.

Totally. I think she was just drunk and exaggerated him not replying bc she was drunk

Natalie Solis ‏@Fox4Natalie 57s57 seconds ago McKinney, TX
Stamm on cross: attorney showing her photos she took of Arochi's car & othrs of his arm @FOX4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail