1120 users online (172 members and 948 guests)  


Websleuths News

View Poll Results: By Accident or on Purpose Who Killed JonBenet Ramsey?

Voters
482. You may not vote on this poll
  • An Intruder Killed JonBenet and Covered Up the Crime

    32 6.64%
  • Patsy Ramsey Acted Alone in Killing JonBenet and Covering Up the Crime

    22 4.56%
  • John Ramsey Acted Alone in Killing JonBenet and Covering Up the Crime

    2 0.41%
  • Burke Killed JonBenet with Patsy and John Helping to Cover Up the Crime

    358 74.27%
  • John and Patsy Acted Together in Killing JonBenet and Covering Up the Crime

    27 5.60%
  • Other/I Don't Know

    41 8.51%

Page 75 of 75 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1125
  1. #1111
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    .....
    Posts
    4,999
    s(he) be(lie)ve(d)
    Really. That's early on and against the tide of PDI.
    What lead you in that direction?
    a 'common sense' feeling?
    Last edited by Tadpole12; Yesterday at 03:12 PM.

  2. #1112
    Quote Originally Posted by CorallaroC View Post
    This is nothing against you, my fellow poster, especially because you are relating that you and your son have movie night once a week.... that is lovely.

    However, I bristled at the mention of a kid's film titled"Captain Underpants". Considering the multiple disturbing issues about underpants in this case - some horrifying - some just bizarre - I for one do not even want to know what that German film is about UNLESS is was produced prior to JBR's homicide in 1996.

    No disrespect intended.
    I'm sorry if I offended you, not my intent. The movie is based on an American children's book made into a movie. The DVD offers language options for children around the world to enjoy. I promise I didn't mean anything towards JBR and the Bloomies, nor offense to you. The movie is kind of a big deal with children.


    To date no one has profited more off of the death of Jonbenet Ramsey then L Lin Wood!!!!!!

  3. #1113
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadpole12 View Post
    s(he) be(lie)ve(d)
    Really. That's early on and against the tide of PDI.
    What lead you in that direction?
    a 'common sense' feeling?
    Thank you for asking. Yes just a feeling. Its the only scenario that makes sense to me. However, PDI is not that hard to imagine. I just cant get all the puzzle pieces to fit in that scenario.


    To date no one has profited more off of the death of Jonbenet Ramsey then L Lin Wood!!!!!!

  4. #1114
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottonstar View Post
    Again, I believe your missing the whole motive of the cover-up.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cottonstar,
    Exactly! And just how long/much had they beencovering for him?

    http://www.med.umich.edu/yourchild/topics/sibabuse.htm

    Sibling Abuse

    What is sibling abuse?


    Sibling abuse is the physical, emotional or sexual abuse of one sibling by another [1]. The physical abuse can range from more mild forms of aggression between siblings, such as pushing and shoving, to very violent behavior such as using weapons.

    Often parents don’t see the abuse for what it is. As a rule, parents and society expect fights and aggression among siblings. Because of this, parents often don’t see sibling abuse as a problem until serious harm occurs.
    Besides the direct dangers of sibling abuse, the abuse can cause all kinds of long-term problems on into adulthood.

    YourChild podcast interview on sibling abuse with UM expert Brenda Volling, Ph.D.

    How common is sibling abuse?

    Research shows that violence between siblings is quite common. In fact, it is probably even more common than child abuse (by parents) or spouse abuse [1]. The most violent members of American families are the children.

    Experts estimate that three children in 100 are dangerously violent toward a brother or sister [2, 3]. A 2005 study puts the number of assaults each year to children by a sibling at about 35 per 100 kids. The same study found the rate to be similar across income levels and racial and ethnic groups.

    Likewise, many researchers have estimated sibling incest to be much more common than parent-child incest.

    It seems that when abusive acts occur between siblings, family members often don’t see it as abuse [4].


    To date no one has profited more off of the death of Jonbenet Ramsey then L Lin Wood!!!!!!

  5. #1115
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,386
    There zero evidence of prolonged abuse (be it sexual or physical) committed by BR. There is only evidence that JBR experienced prolonged sexual abuse -- there is a difference. Who would be more likely in a household to commit such an act, based on stats and simple common sense? The answer is easy and it isn't the nine year old.

  6. #1116
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by Userid View Post
    There zero evidence of prolonged abuse (be it sexual or physical) committed by BR. There is only evidence that JBR experienced prolonged sexual abuse -- there is a difference. Who would be more likely in a household to commit such an act, based on stats and simple common sense? The answer is easy and it isn't the nine year old.
    Actually, your incorrect. The most common abuser of children, is other children.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #1117
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,386
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottonstar View Post
    Actually, your incorrect. The most common abuser of children, is other children.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not sexually, so no, I'm correct.

  8. #1118
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by Userid View Post
    Not sexually, so no, I'm correct.
    Yes, sexually.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #1119
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    1,202
    Quote Originally Posted by CorallaroC View Post
    This is nothing against you, my fellow poster, especially because you are relating that you and your son have movie night once a week.... that is lovely.

    However, I bristled at the mention of a kid's film titled"Captain Underpants". Considering the multiple disturbing issues about underpants in this case - some horrifying - some just bizarre - I for one do not even want to know what that German film is about UNLESS is was produced prior to JBR's homicide in 1996.

    No disrespect intended.
    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/cap...rst_epic_movie

  10. #1120
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,386
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottonstar View Post
    Yes, sexually.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Source?


  11. #1121
    http://www.socialworktoday.com/archive/111312p18.shtml

    The prevalence of sibling sexual abuse in American society is not well documented. Researchers estimate that the rate of sibling incest may be five times the rate of parent-child sexual abuse (Finkelhor, 1980). These rates are based on reported incidence, and incest is known to be underreported. Sibling sexual abuse has been dismissed as “child’s play” in many cases and/or as a normal aspect of sexual development. More recent research has documented the traumatic, long-lasting, and damaging effects of sibling incest (Carlson, Maciol, & Schneider, 2006; Weihe, 1997). When sexual acts are initiated by one sibling without the other’s consent, sibling incest is, most often, a serious and secret problem.

    Numerous factors converge to assure that in many instances—perhaps most—sibling sexual abuse remains undisclosed and unaddressed. Victims often do not see themselves as victimized, and families as well as professionals fail to recognize the abuse. The secret remains hidden, camouflaged by play and tangled in the complex dynamics of abusive sibling relationships. Incestuous behaviors are too often invisible in stressed, chaotic families. Additionally, professionals who fail to recognize indicators and opportunities to foster victim disclosure may overlook the presence of sibling incest.


    To date no one has profited more off of the death of Jonbenet Ramsey then L Lin Wood!!!!!!

  12. #1122
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,386
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottonstar View Post
    Yes, sexually.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    76.8% of people who sexually abuse children are adults

    https://americanspcc.org/child-sexual-abuse/

  13. #1123
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,386
    Quote Originally Posted by s(he) be(lie)ve(d) View Post
    http://www.socialworktoday.com/archive/111312p18.shtml

    The prevalence of sibling sexual abuse in American society is not well documented. Researchers estimate that the rate of sibling incest may be five times the rate of parent-child sexual abuse (Finkelhor, 1980). These rates are based on reported incidence, and incest is known to be underreported. Sibling sexual abuse has been dismissed as “child’s play” in many cases and/or as a normal aspect of sexual development. More recent research has documented the traumatic, long-lasting, and damaging effects of sibling incest (Carlson, Maciol, & Schneider, 2006; Weihe, 1997). When sexual acts are initiated by one sibling without the other’s consent, sibling incest is, most often, a serious and secret problem.

    Numerous factors converge to assure that in many instances—perhaps most—sibling sexual abuse remains undisclosed and unaddressed. Victims often do not see themselves as victimized, and families as well as professionals fail to recognize the abuse. The secret remains hidden, camouflaged by play and tangled in the complex dynamics of abusive sibling relationships. Incestuous behaviors are too often invisible in stressed, chaotic families. Additionally, professionals who fail to recognize indicators and opportunities to foster victim disclosure may overlook the presence of sibling incest.
    Those are adult siblings. Not nine year olds.

  14. #1124
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by Userid View Post
    76.8% of people who sexually abuse children are adults

    https://americanspcc.org/child-sexual-abuse/
    That isn’t the proper justification. This doesn’t address family abuse.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #1125
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by Peppermintswirlz View Post
    In a news conference in the spring of 1998, then-Chief Mark Beckner said Burke was not a suspect. In a May 1999 press conference, then-DA Alex Hunter reiterated that Burke was not a suspect.

    Only James Kolar, who never worked the case, and who self-published his book, advanced the BDI theory, predicated on sibling rivalry and "SBP" - childhood Sexual Behavior Problems, based on a book he had read rather than any actual evidence that Burke displayed symptoms of that affliction.

    The golf club incident that supposedly illustrated Burke's violent tendencies was related to Pam Griffin by Patsy Ramsey as an accident that occurred in Charlevoix.

    The so-called scatological issues are also based on one incident according to Nedra Paugh, when Burke was six and his mother was in Boston being aggressively treated for Stage IV cancer.

    The books BDIers point to as indicative of Burke's behavior problems are "The Hurried Child - Growing Up Too Fast", which more accurately describes JBR with her bleached hair, heavy make up, and provocative pageant costumes and poses. The second book, "Why Johnny Doesn't Know Right from Wrong" is about schools who give children the "wrong" books to read, and the necessity of parents reading the proper ones to their offspring and setting a good example, thus giving them a "moral education". How these somehow implicate Burke in the minds of BDI proponents is a mystery.

    What we really have here is one DA's investigator (for seven months in 2001) who self-published a theory based on no evidence in a blatant attempt to make money on the murder of a child, and one network's ratings grabbing "docuseries" based on that book. No real facts, no real evidence, just money for all the participants, including CBS's script-following "experts".
    "When Burke was 4 he was the apple of his parents' eyes. He could do no wrong. He got the full treatment of gifts, clothes and trips and you name it. But then when JonBenet came along, especially as she got older and her destiny was to be in the pageant system, that attention that Burke had switched from him to JonBenet.”

    "I think Burke had a bad temper. It's like he had a chip on his shoulder. He had hit JonBenet. Before the murder, I would have to say, it was probably a year and a half. They were playing in the yard and apparently he hit her with the golf club, right here (points to area under eye). She (Patsy)says the kids were playing, Burke lost his temper and hit her with a golf club."


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 75 of 75 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75


Similar Threads

  1. If JonBenet's death was an accident...
    By eileenhawkeye in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 314
    Last Post: 05-16-2011, 02:37 PM
  2. Replies: 48
    Last Post: 07-21-2008, 05:01 AM
  3. Ex-Housekeeper Say Patsy Ramsey Killed JonBenet.
    By Ames in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 212
    Last Post: 04-21-2008, 11:56 PM
  4. Reasons why I believe a Ramsey killed Jonbenet
    By Keona in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-10-2005, 12:48 AM
  5. "Who Killed JonBenet Ramsey?"
    By Nehemiah in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 190
    Last Post: 02-13-2004, 04:44 PM