962 users online (130 members and 832 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

TX - Jackie Vandagriff, 24; murder in Grapevine; Charles Bryant arrested, Sept 2016

I rarely start topics, so pardon me if I have done this wrong.

This is a local story for some of my closest friends. It was announced yesterday they had identified the body that was found partially dismembered and on fire near Grapevine Lake.

The suspect had been arrested a few weeks prior for stalking, a charge he received twice because he wouldn't leave his ex-girlfriend alone. Not sure how Jacqueline knows this guy, if at all, but his social media postings have thrown me for a large loop.

Articles:

Investigation into body found near Grapevine Lake continues in Haslet

Body Found in Grapevine Park Identified, Police Announce Arrest

Jackie Vandagriff: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

Victim: Jackie Vandagriff Facebook

Suspect:Charles Bryant Facebook

RIP Jackie.

Arrest warrant included in this article:

Update: Murder victim from TWU; arrest affidavit released

When authorities searched Bryant’s home, there was a plastic pool blue in the backyard identical to the one found at the crime scene, and his roommate confirmed there used to be two of the pools in the backyard. The backyard looked like someone started to dig a hole in the ground, and Vandagriff’s purse was still in the trash at the home, according to the affidavit.
    "Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open." - James Dewar

Local to me as well. This is just unbelievably horrific. Thank you for starting this thread.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Thank you for starting this thread, sherbetjello. I have friends who live in Sendera Ranch, where CB lives. I used to live off of Blue Mound Road. What a horrific murder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dallas Voice

http://www.dallasvoice.com/gay-bars-...-10226561.html
    Posted on 20 Sep 2016 at 11:52am

Gay barís former employee arrested for murder of TWU student

Urban Cowboy Saloon, located on Lancaster Avenue at Beach Street, is closed today, but a club spokesman posted a statement regarding Bryant on the barís Facebook page late Monday evening, Sept. 19: ďWe, The Urban Cowboy Saloon, would like to acknowledge the disturbing news that has broke today and assure our customers that Charles Dean Bryant was terminated as of Sunday, September 18th, for not showing up to his scheduled shift. Monday afternoon we learned why he didnít show. We are grieving with our community and offer our deepest condolences for the Vandagriff family and friends. We are cooperative with authorities and will fully support law enforcement in their investigation.Ē

"Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open." - James Dewar

I am local to the crime. I actually attend TWU. It is such a terrible crime. I have a hunch that they knew each other before this night, because of him pre-purchasing the shovel and then posting as her to her social media. He has a history too with the ex-girlfriend stalking. That is a warning sign.

Just when you think your heart can't hurt any more.
    Sending prayers out to JV's family and friends. And to you locals, as well; this has to be so unsettling for you.
    Just my
    "Time heals what reason cannot."
    ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca

http://cnews.canoe.com/CNEWS/Crime/2.../22668778.html

Charles Dean Bryant, right, is suspected in the death and dismemberment of Jacqueline Vandagriff. (Facebook and Grapevine Police Department Photos

Investigators are now trying to put the macabre puzzle’s pieces together.

Detectives say video shows suspected killer Charles Dean Bryant, 30, and Vandagriff together at a local bar. So far, cops aren’t certain whether they first connected via social media. Her Twitter account was last used late Thursday when she tweeted: “Never knew I could feel like this.”
    “We’re looking at any type of social media she had any connection to, to find out if she had communicated with this person before,” Eberling told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. “It takes time to recover that kind of information.”
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by sherbetjello View Post
    I rarely start topics, so pardon me if I have done this wrong.

This is a local story for some of my closest friends. It was announced yesterday they had identified the body that was found partially dismembered and on fire near Grapevine Lake.

The suspect had been arrested a few weeks prior for stalking, a charge he received twice because he wouldn't leave his ex-girlfriend alone. Not sure how Jacqueline knows this guy, if at all, but his social media postings have thrown me for a large loop.

Articles:

Investigation into body found near Grapevine Lake continues in Haslet

Body Found in Grapevine Park Identified, Police Announce Arrest

Jackie Vandagriff: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

Victim: Jackie Vandagriff Facebook

Suspect:Charles Bryant Facebook

RIP Jackie.
    Thanks for starting thread, from your Heavy link, very creepy and weird tweeting, imo...
    http://heavy.com/news/2016/09/jackie...murder-denton/
    There Are Some Question-Raising Tweets from Vandagriff’s Account, Including a Day After Authorities Say She Had Been Killed

Authorities say they are looking into the possibility of someone tweeting from Vandagriff’s account the day after they found her body. In a tweet at 11:22 p.m. on Sept. 15 — the day after Vandagriff was found — a tweet reads “Never knew I could feel like this.”
    Police say they are looking into the tweets:

Quote Originally Posted by leflautist View Post
    I am local to the crime. I actually attend TWU. It is such a terrible crime. I have a hunch that they knew each other before this night, because of him pre-purchasing the shovel and then posting as her to her social media. He has a history too with the ex-girlfriend stalking. That is a warning sign.
    Per the arrest warrant, the shovel was purchased on 9/14/16 at 4:41 am. She was found on 9/14/16 at approximately 6:27 am.

http://www.dentonrc.com/local-news/l...t-released.ece

Quote Originally Posted by DropthePuck View Post
    Per the arrest warrant, the shovel was purchased on 9/14/16 at 4:41 am. She was found on 9/14/16 at approximately 6:27 am.

[url]http://www.dentonrc.com/local
    What jumped out at me was how quickly she was found, which basically someone witnessed part of it. When people think of parks they may think of rural areas, but it looks like this was in an urban area, so it isn't surprising that someone noticed this immediately:
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/Oa...!4d-97.0801012
    Last edited by bessie; 09-21-2016 at 08:46 PM. Reason: fixed broken quote and map link

skibaboo is offline <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.

This is a horrifying case for so many reasons. This perp looks about as regular a guy next door as one can. Chilling. Stay off of Tinder, people. It's too dangerous.

Wondering if there are any missing or murdered gay men in the area?
    Looking at his profile pics.getting a sneaking suspicion that this may be his first female (alleged) murder, but not his first rodeo.
    imo, speculation.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast